Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Tampa tonight, 7:30 pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You can set your watch to how some specific posters will pounce on EK's mistakes in here.

I haven’t watched all games and all periods this year but EK has been absolutely horrible defensively this year. I still remember that game against Montreal where he was -6, I have never seen a Dman this bad in the NHL as he was that game

People still harp a lot more on Ceci for example. For me it doesn’t matter the name on the back. I have always very critical of my favorite players (Alfie, EK, Zimbabwe’s, Stone, etc)

I know you love him to death but he's been one of the worst goalie in the league this season Im sorry to tell you that

I agree with that, I love Andy and has been a really great goalie for the Sens but this season he hasn’t been even close to what a N.1 goalie should be

Reactions: aragorn

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I picked the wrong time to watch the team play in Florida
(last time in december we lost both games)

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
more than useless, if its the difference between 15 years of Dahlin/Svechnikov/Zadina or Tkatchuk.

True, it's actually a detrimental win.

We have to hope the Yotes keep winning and Detroit gets somewhat back on track, because otherwise this small win streak may mean we end up picking 5th instead of 3rd or 4th, which like you said means we lose out on those stud players you listed.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
You said his play was compounded by the play in front of him
I gave you examples of teams with similar GA where the goaltenders were better then Anderson despite having similar play in front of them

THAT'S THE POINT

I can fax you a drawing if you want but I don't know what's hard to understand here

Anyway I disagree with you defending him at all cost and thats all

You gave me examples of goaltenders with below average numbers, but their number varied quite a bit. Markstrom's 2.74GAA is similar to Anderson's 3.23GAA but Price's .904SV% is better than Anderson's .902SV%? Sorry if I have trouble following. Looking at those 6 teams though, I wonder if theres any similarities you can find between them. I'm not defending Anderson, I've said he needs to be better in the past but I think much of the blame is misplaced. You can't look at these two nights and say "who would have thought good goaltending would help us lead games". These types of performances should not be the expectation for any goaltender.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Dzingle Duch Hoff is a great 1st line

I could see the forward group looking like this to start next season:

Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel (speed/skill line)
Ryan-Pageau-Stone (super IQ line)
1stRoundPick-Brown-White (kids line but very skilled)
Paul-Chlapik-Pyatt
McCormick

You said his play was compounded by the play in front of him
I gave you examples of teams with similar GA where the goaltenders were better then Anderson despite having similar play in front of them

THAT'S THE POINT

I can fax you a drawing if you want but I don't know what's hard to understand here

Anyway I disagree with you defending him at all cost and thats all

You’re missing something though, GA vs SV% is not telling the whole story; hockey is a lot more complex than just goals and shots. Sens have been unable to play any shutdown hockey this season. Sure goalies deserve their part of blame but the team as a whole too. EK post injury and the absence of Methot have been 2 major factors for that

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I think he's been robbed twice but regardless of whether he finishes first in D scoring, which would be incredible, he shouldn't be getting close to a Norris this year
Nope, even with the scoring lead, sort of hard to give the “best defenseman” award to a guy who is -27 +/-. And I love the player but no Norris this year.

Wonder if Hedman will get any consideration?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Melnyk is blowing this roster up no matter what happens. It's a safe bet to make.

I know this has been the talk, rumors, speculation, etc but so far only older players are gone (Phaneuf, Thompson, Oduya, Brassard, Didomenico). Even Duchene is younger than Turris. But I would like to understand what would be his motivation to do that

As far as I know, there is a cap floor which should be 60 M$ next year. You can not go under that and without much changes the roster should be around 65-68 M$ next year

Will they keep players like Burrows, Gaborik and Condon and get rid of players like Karlsson and Hoffman instead? It’s possible but I don’t see what Melnyk has to gain doing that? Kill the tickets sale? Lower the chances of the team making the playoffs and make sure there’s no playoffs revenue?

Can’t wait to see what happens in reality but I fail to see Melnyk going under the cap floor and facing the consequences or having the worst roster possible. I think he will want to ice a team that can make the playoffs again. Making money is still the goal

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I could see the forward group looking like this to start next season:

Hoffman-Duchene-Dzingel (speed/skill line)
Ryan-Pageau-Stone (super IQ line)
1stRoundPick-Brown-White (kids line but very skilled)
Paul-Chlapik-Pyatt
McCormick

Honestly that is not an encouraging lineup up front. There's no balance. 1st line is fine, 2nd line would have a hard time generating anything other than countering on turnovers, 3rd line is throwing kids to the wolves without any support and MVP can't be the only vet in the bottom six.

If that's what comes out of training camp next year, better hope the Sens deferred their 1st rd pick.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
Really enjoying the chemistry between Duchene and Hoff. Hopefully next year with a retool and some players coming in we can have a great season.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
do any of you guys actually hope for losses in Game? like yeah if I fall into a deep sleep tomorrow and wake at the draft then I hope we lost every game and finished last but when im watching losing Is still as infuriating as it always is regardless of whats on the line. scoring is fun winning is fun

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Honestly that is not an encouraging lineup up front. There's no balance. 1st line is fine, 2nd line would have a hard time generating anything other than countering on turnovers, 3rd line is throwing kids to the wolves without any support and MVP can't be the only vet in the bottom six.

If that's what comes out of training camp next year, better hope the Sens deferred their 1st rd pick.
well what else would come out of training camp? that's our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->