Post-Game Talk: SENS in T.O. Tonight 7:30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Guys. It was a 3 on 1 and the guy with puck dangled Harpur. Like.... who taught him to play defence like that?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Good game, our puck recovery in the first 10 mins was... awwwwful, but we got better and better as the game went on and played a solid game imo. Turnovers are part of the lumps you take when you have a young developing group of D against a super skilled team like that. Oh, and also when you have Ceci against that much skill, but I digress. Still need to add another D desperately to the group. Hoping Lajoie, Wolanin, Jaros and JBD can be good NHLers along with Chabot in 2 years time. That would give us a very nice young group. Just need one more RD to go with them. Find that RD Pierre, please.
Cody ceci or boro on his offside are your options

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Good game, our puck recovery in the first 10 mins was... awwwwful, but we got better and better as the game went on and played a solid game imo. Turnovers are part of the lumps you take when you have a young developing group of D against a super skilled team like that. Oh, and also when you have Ceci against that much skill, but I digress. Still need to add another D desperately to the group. Hoping Lajoie, Wolanin, Jaros and JBD can be good NHLers along with Chabot in 2 years time. That would give us a very nice young group. Just need one more RD to go with them. Find that RD Pierre, please.

I tuned in just after the 1st goal, from that point on, I thought we actually played very well with the exception of a few correctable mistakes.

TO has the talent to capitalize on chances, and we missed out on some puck luck situations. Overall I thought we controlled the pace for the most part, which is a very good sign imo.

Reactions: bert

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I wanted to punch Galley every time he went on about how Chabot turning awesome makes losing EK better.

Ya good thing we don’t have two Norris level D because that would be just horrible.
You have to understand these old time hockey types are all the same. Like they don’t believe in having more than 1 offensive superstar on the back end. It’s like “okay you have karlsson? Everyone else needs to play D. Like yeah maybe if these guys played 60 minutes a game but they don’t

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Watched the whole game so appreciate the entertainment value, haven't made it past the first in like a dozen or so games...that crushing Eugene lie seems to be the turning point in the game, I assume the statement was put on the jumbotron and thus caused the team to lose any and all hope.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto may have a ton of talent, but they are brutal in their own zone. They aren't constructed for the playoffs at all.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Should have won that.

Team plays hard, and you can see the potential of the team, if they keep it together. Tap-ins galore tonight.

Strange game where you don't notice Marner, Tavares or Matthews. And then one play. That is what stars can do. Marleau? The only Leafs I noticed were Kadri and Hyman.

Stone was not good, maybe distracted. Maybe some with Dzingel. I liked White and Tkachuk. Bobby Ryan played great.

Balcers should go back, he is not ready and bring up someone else.

Would have been nice to win, but Muzzin isn't the solution. They better get more pieces in the back end.

Leafs don't look they're going anywhere in the playoffs, as their roster stands now.
They can rave all they want about their starting goaltender, but he's never going to carry them deep into the playoffs.....

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Leafs don't look they're going anywhere in the playoffs, as their roster stands now.
They can rave all they want about their starting goaltender, but he's never going to carry them deep into the playoffs.....
Source?
Got proof they wont go far in playoffs?

You should do what you tell others to do about speculating on trade and wait after TO is eliminated before speculating

Also , garlic is life

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Cody ceci or boro on his offside are your options
Long term... I'll take neither. Next year, I am fine with Boro cause he's cheap and good in the room. Re-signing Ceci would be a colossal mistake There has to be a better option, especially since the plan includes JBD and I realize its no sure thing. RD is a must. They don't have to be a stud, just a solid reliable RD. Admittedly, I might have more faith in Wolanin than others. I think he's going to be a good NHL player. Maybe we keep Demelo around longer. I'd be fine with that too actually.
In 2 years:
Chabot-Demelo
Wolanin-Jaros
Lajoie-JBD

I think you'd be able to win with that group.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
As long as Toronto keeps rolling out #22 for a regular shift I don't think they are going to win a Cup. He's worse than Ceci. I said the same thing last year, Gardiner took a lot of heat, but his partner #22 was worse imo. Maybe he's going to be pushed out eventually, if they were smart they would.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Guys. It was a 3 on 1 and the guy with puck dangled Harpur. Like.... who taught him to play defence like that?
I think its very obvious the issues on this team night in night out. The d core is AHL level after Chabot and Demelo. And the coaching staff has no idea who to play when and where along with some serious passengers up front. Despite both his linemates being great last night Zack Smith had an embarrassing effort.

Borowiecki was absolutely out of control last night from the moment the puck dropped. First shift of the game he chased the puck into Harpurs corner trying to make a big hit when Harpur was already there. Out of position then scoring chance. Next shift he for some reason didnt take Nylander and turned away from the play when he was with him and gave up a scoring chance. He never looked back, its insane that they play him after these mistakes. Melnyk must have some sort of mandate for the coaching staff to play him.

Fixing this team really isnt that hard they are one good d man and a good coach away.

Balcers was terrible last night. Horrid puck management and effort levels he needs to go down.

Harpur is not an NHL d man. Plain and simple.

Ceci had some unlucky moments including the tieing goal at 2 to 2. I thought by his standards he had an ok game outside of the turnover in the first period. He didnt have alot of help and actually made some time and space for himself at moments of the game.

Just cant get a save from Anderson when the games are on the line this season. Flip the goalies and the sens win last night. If they can get anything for him he should be traded.

The sens overall actually carried the play. Chabot was the best player on the ice. That open net miss by White was the turning point. That obvious cycle to turover by Dzingel was pathetic on the 5th goal. No back check either, reminded me of Hoff.

Its too bad that with Melnyks news last night Stone and Duchene are gonners. Its not a big fix to get this team right. Will be alot harder replacing those players than a decent coach and a d man. There is no hope with this ownership.

Steve336

Mar 21, 2017
Source?
Got proof they wont go far in playoffs?

You should do what you tell others to do about speculating on trade and wait after TO is eliminated before speculating

Also , garlic is life

Exactly. The same old, lazy, tiresome "Leafs D is awful" song I see in every thread. Leafs' GF and GA aligns almost exactly with Tampa Bay, both top ten in the league and those same folks are quick to rave about TB's offence and defence, yet the Leafs D is terrible. Sure.

Freddie had an off night which happens rarely. And he still won, which happens often.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Exactly. The same old, lazy, tiresome "Leafs D is awful" song I see in every thread. Leafs' GF and GA aligns almost exactly with Tampa Bay, both top ten in the league and those same folks are quick to rave about TB's offence and defence, yet the Leafs D is terrible. Sure.

Freddie had an off night which happens rarely. And he still won, which happens often.

Well Freddie was the better goalies of the two last night so you cant blame how tight it was on him. Also Gardiner and Zaitsev are a train wreck and the leafs will never win anything with those guys as the second pair. They still need a RD and need to get rid of Zaitsev at all costs he is brutal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
oq7Wif.jpg

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I think its very obvious the issues on this team night in night out. The d core is AHL level after Chabot and Demelo. And the coaching staff has no idea who to play when and where along with some serious passengers up front. Despite both his linemates being great last night Zack Smith had an embarrassing effort.

Borowiecki was absolutely out of control last night from the moment the puck dropped. First shift of the game he chased the puck into Harpurs corner trying to make a big hit when Harpur was already there. Out of position then scoring chance. Next shift he for some reason didnt take Nylander and turned away from the play when he was with him and gave up a scoring chance. He never looked back, its insane that they play him after these mistakes. Melnyk must have some sort of mandate for the coaching staff to play him.

Fixing this team really isnt that hard they are one good d man and a good coach away.

Balcers was terrible last night. Horrid puck management and effort levels he needs to go down.

Harpur is not an NHL d man. Plain and simple.

Ceci had some unlucky moments including the tieing goal at 2 to 2. I thought by his standards he had an ok game outside of the turnover in the first period. He didnt have alot of help and actually made some time and space for himself at moments of the game.

Just cant get a save from Anderson when the games are on the line this season. Flip the goalies and the sens win last night. If they can get anything for him he should be traded.

The sens overall actually carried the play. Chabot was the best player on the ice. That open net miss by White was the turning point. That obvious cycle to turover by Dzingel was pathetic on the 5th goal. No back check either, reminded me of Hoff.

Its too bad that with Melnyks news last night Stone and Duchene are gonners. Its not a big fix to get this team right. Will be alot harder replacing those players than a decent coach and a d man. There is no hope with this ownership.

Legit lol'd at the statement because its so obvious I don't really even notice the constant poor reads, mistakes, out of position, late or missed hits etc...anymore, Big/plays small Ben and unfortunately Andy have fallen in this category this season where imo they actively hurt the team with virtually every outing.

Appeared to never cross the line imo however the 10 second review seemed a touch rushed.

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Good on the Sens for at least sustaining some offensive pressure with the goalie pulled rather than dumping the puck and heading for the showers like they usually do. But man was that last 30 seconds ever lackadaisical. Just casually lobbing the puck around the perimeter looking for the perfect opening rather than get as much rubber on net as possible.

Reactions: Icelevel and DrEasy

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We were rolling along with Nilsson. Since Andy got back we’ve been losing consistently.
I don’t know if it’s a coincidence. I’ll put it down to bad decision making.

Reactions: Alex1234

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

xGA/60 is 23rd in the league, CA/60 28th, 26th in SCA/60 for TO, compared to 3rd, 8th and 20th for Tbay. TO is allowing more chances, and higher quality chances. That's why people watch and think they are worse defensively.

Reactions: Deku

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Harpur and Ceci were both terrible last night. Harpur is clueless and Ceci makes the puck look like a bouncy ball every time he gets it.
Lajoie shows promise but should be in the AHL developing, he looks like a kid out there a lot of the time.
Boro runs around way to much, he would be an ok 7th defenseman for the team but really should not be a regular in the line up.

I get the feeling we are going to be drafting a lot of defenseman over the next few years (already did last draft) because this team is a train wreck with no one in the AHL aside from Wolanin looking like they are NHL calibre defenseman. Good luck with trying to figure out this disaster of a blue line you've created Dorion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->