Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Sin City (Beautiful Las Vegas) Fri. 10:00pm on TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
A ton of people. Same goes for Hank too. On HF at least.

Now I’m not personally putting him in the same caliber as those two I’m just saying I feel like people have zero patience when goalies have a bad season. I mean I get it it’s a position that can hurt the Team immensely when you suck, but goalies are players too and can slump.

That’s fine, but I don’t agree when you say it’s a knee jerk reaction when people are saying get rid of Anderson. They are also taking his contract into consideration here. His age as well, and most importantly his awful play this year.

Can he bounce back next year? Sure, there’s always a chance, but there’s also a chance that he doesn’t. It will be another long year next year if our goalies don’t improve.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That’s fine, but I don’t agree when you say it’s a knee jerk reaction when people are saying get rid of Anderson. They are also taking his contract into consideration here. His age as well, and most importantly his awful play this year.

Can he bounce back next year? Sure, there’s always a chance, but there’s also a chance that he doesn’t. It will be another long year next year if our goalies don’t improve.

Agreed. IMO it'll be another long year next year regardless

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
It was about 10-15% Sens fans there. It’s that way every game due to Vegas being the tourist attraction that it is already.

You should see some of the other teams fans that come in when it’s LA / Pitt / Chicago / etc. It’s more like 30-40% opposing fans.

Almost everybody that lives here is from somewhere else too, so a lot of people have other allegiances like me that go see their old team play. I’ve probably met 1,000 people in my two years here and I can count on one hand the people born and raised here.

It creates a super charger environment kind of like when the Leafs come to Ottawa. Lots of back and forth but in Vegas it’s a little more light hearted haha.

Anyone that wants to come here, you absolutely should over anywhere else. The arena is right on the strip, and around the arena it’s called “the Park.” Lines of bars and restaurants people hang out at hours before the game.

Last night I was sitting outside (yes...outside in a T-shirt in March) at an Irish pub watching a live band with only a 3 minute walk to the gates.

I don’t know how anybody ever doubted the market here. Just because Arizona built their arena an hour from the actual city (sound familiar?) and have terrible management / teams doesn’t mean another place in the desert will be the same.

Even if Vegas was bad, attendance would still be great with all the other fans that make it a vacation and see a game.

Last night was super fun. Exciting game, and I got to stand up and cheer for every goal scored haha.

Reactions: DrEasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->