Post-Game Talk: SENS in Nu Joyzee, Thurs. 7:00pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellraising Senator

Feb 15, 2017
I'm not laughing at you per se, I'm just going to keep quoting goalposts being moved and also vague claims like this that people can interpret many ways to still be right.

"Little birdies told me negotiations are going well". 24 hours later he's scratched and about to be traded.

"The returns will be better than most expect on the trades. Period." This could be interpreted again as little birdies telling you there are good returns on the table.

or it could just be a vague claim that some sort of strawman of "most's" expectations will be exceeded, of which we have no idea of verifying what most people expect, and an easy claim to move around later to suit the argument.

example of said new strawman: "see you all said Dorion would only get a 1st for Stone. He got a 1st+ prospect + +"

Negations as in trade. We are going to get better returns then most expect. Some have way inflated expectations but most people are way lowballing on offers will be surprised.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
Well not exactly. Yeah might not be good but there will be a handful of young guys coming in.
Thats why I said basically. Yeah a handful of young guys who are more than likely going to be much, much worse than the players they are replacing are coming in. I think next year has the potential to be one for the ages unless we revamp the coaches.

Reactions: lancepitlick

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
I just wanted to say some of the guys we had out on the powerplay seemed really comical....and then I realized, especially for the B unit, they were the best available. If it weren't for Chabot, that powerplay would be lucky to score 10% of the time in the AHL.

This really doesn't feel like a pro franchise anymore. It feels like a vindictive old coot mad he didn't get the ticket sales he expected during the fluke playoff run, and mad at the players for a terrible season last year, taking it out on everybody he can vex.

chipsens

Post and in...
Jan 9, 2013
I just wanted to say some of the guys we had out on the powerplay seemed really comical....and then I realized, especially for the B unit, they were the best available. If it weren't for Chabot, that powerplay would be lucky to score 10% of the time in the AHL.

This really doesn't feel like a pro franchise anymore. It feels like a vindictive old coot mad he didn't get the ticket sales he expected during the fluke playoff run, and mad at the players for a terrible season last year, taking it out on everybody he can vex.

Once upon a time, Melnyk gave away free tix for a live music concert by the Eagles at CTC. We had a decent, respectable team. I had season tix. Good times.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Chlapik and Balcers looked great especially in the second half and were probably the best forwards today, which is more depressing than it should be.

Man our team would have been sick with the addition of Balcers, Batherson, Formenton and Chlapik next year in our bottom 6.

Instead, some of those guys will be forced to play in our top 6. Nice.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
My most depressing thought during the game was that for the next 3 years we are going to be watching Bobby Ryan get a ton of ice time.

As much as these last 2 season have sucked, it still has being enjoyable watching Karlsson, Stone, and Duchene. Sadly all the talent is gone and we will be watching some terrible hockey (no disrespect to Chabot, Tkachuk, White, ect).

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Man our team would have been sick with the addition of Balcers, Batherson, Formenton and Chlapik next year in our bottom 6.

Instead, some of those guys will be forced to play in our top 6. Nice.
you know boucher/dorion would never have allowed thtAT. we would have went out and gotten Nate Thompson./alex burrows/Gabriel Dumont types for the bottom six

my goodness it drivees me up the f***ing wall we had a decent team and this dumbass gets NATE THOMPSON ALEX BURROWS GABRIEL DUMONT AND JOHNNY ODUYA TO COMPLIMENT OUR STARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad