GDT: Sens in La La Land | Thursday Jan. 10, 10:30pm | TSN5, RDS

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
No player, or coach gives to flying fox farts about a draft pick that has been traded away.

They could care less who Colorado selects in the draft, it's not on their minds, or enters their mind for any reason.

If anyone thinks the players and coach sit around in pre game talks and say we have to win to decrease the odds for another teams draft lottery pick is ridiculous.
Obviously they don’t sit around and discuss it. They are professionals and are focused on the games.
But to say it’s not on their minds I don’t believe. The team is in the basement competing to not be dead last without their 1st round pick. The players know what’s up, they aren’t dumb.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
With our luck, we could go on a run, finish one point out of a playoff spot, and our pick would still win the draft lottery.

I don't know so many people are fixated on Colorado's pick, they received in return for the MD trade.

That pick is not going to affect the Senators going forward, in anyway.

I equate it to obsessing over an ex girlfriend, that you could have married, but for whatever reason that opportunity did not happen.

I suppose if their pick is so much on your mind, you could just become an Avalanche fan.

Yes in hindsight the trade is not what it appeared to be when it happened, as no one in the Senators organization ever thought they's finish 30th last year, and force a huge decision as to how to proceed forward, which ended up with entering a re-build.

I guess they could have decided it was more import to not give the Avalanche better odds at this years lottery, and put the rebuild on hold, for one year, and then trade EK and whomever, at this years TDL, after getting as many points as possible as they'd not be able to keep all their impending UFAs, and doing this even though they may have been a playoff team this season........ all in order to keep the Avalanche from having a lottery pick.

sorry for the rant ....... rant over.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Obviously they don’t sit around and discuss it. They are professionals and are focused on the games.
But to say it’s not on their minds I don’t believe. The team is in the basement competing to not be dead last without their 1st round pick. The players know what’s up, they aren’t dumb.

Sorry, I don't agree.

I've heard enough NHLers interviewed over the years, to know that they don't even think about their own teams' draft position, never mind another teams drafting position.

The players are focus on the here and now, and their own careers above anything else.

Can anyone truly say they've heard any player on any team talk about how concerned they are about another teams draft pick position.

This obsession with where Colorado is going to select, with their lottery pick is only in the domain of the fans, and in the Media .......... which you notice they never ask the Sens players about this.

Reactions: aragorn

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Sorry, I don't agree.

I've heard enough NHLers interviewed over the years, to know that they don't even think about their own teams' draft position, never mind another teams drafting position.

The players are focus on the here and now, and their own careers above anything else.

Can anyone truly say they've heard any player on any team talk about how concerned they are about another teams draft pick position.

This obsession with where Colorado is going to select, with their lottery pick is only in the domain of the fans, and in the Media .......... which you notice they never ask the Sens players about this.
You realize players don’t always speak their minds and give honest responses in interviews, right?

Of course the players are aware they are in the basement without a 1st round pick. It looks bad on management and adds to the terrible state of Ottawa right now. Do they stay awake at night and think about it? Obviously not. Do they think is this an organization/management that I want to commit to long term. Maybe not...

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
I don't know so many people are fixated on Colorado's pick, they received in return for the MD trade.

I equate it to obsessing over an ex girlfriend, that you could have married, but for whatever reason that opportunity did not happen.

I suppose if their pick is so much on your mind, you could just become an Avalanche fan.

Yes in hindsight the trade is not what it appeared to be when it happened, as no one in the Senators organization ever thought they's finish 30th last year, and force a huge decision as to how to proceed forward, which ended up with entering a re-build.

I guess they could have decided it was more import to not give the Avalanche better odds at this years lottery, and put the rebuild on hold, for one year, and then trade EK and whomever, at this years TDL, after getting as many points as possible as they'd not be able to keep all their impending UFAs, and doing this even though they may have been a playoff team this season........ all in order to keep the Avalanche from having a lottery pick.

If that pick is traded to SJS or an Atlantic division team at the TdL for any reason in any way ,shape or form.
It would/could affect the Senators going forward.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Lmao

Not drafting an elite cost controlled talent at the very top of the draft while the asset we traded for is traded won't affect the team?

I'll have some of what you're having.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
I am not fixated on the pick, but I am definitely rooting for Colorado to get the first overall with our pick just to embarrass management here.
I'm the opposite. I am absolutely 100 f***ing % fixated on that pick. I can't let it go and will not let it go. We will hear about it for the next 15 years. If they pick Hughes or Kakko it would be an unmitigated disaster.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm the opposite. I am absolutely 100 ****ing % fixated on that pick. I can't let it go and will not let it go. We will hear about it for the next 15 years. If they pick Hughes or Kakko it would be an unmitigated disaster.
It will forever be what Dorion is remembered for if that happens.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I'm the opposite. I am absolutely 100 ****ing % fixated on that pick. I can't let it go and will not let it go. We will hear about it for the next 15 years. If they pick Hughes or Kakko it would be an unmitigated disaster.

Hughes will still be in the NHL in 15 years. We’ll be hearing about this for all time.

To think we lost Turris, Duchene, Hughes all in less then 100 games (not to mention all the rest) - it’ll be considered one the worst asset management move in NHL history

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hughes will still be in the NHL in 15 years. We’ll be hearing about this for all time.

To think we lost Turris, Duchene, Hughes all in less then 100 games (not to mention all the rest) - it’ll be considered one the worst asset management move in NHL history
If we lose Stone, Duchene & Dzingel like it looks now, we will have lost our 5 best players in under one calendar year and none of them were even 30 years old.

Karlsson
Stone
Duchene
Hoffman
Dzingel

That's an insane amount of talent sent packing, especially if we end up adding Hughes to that list.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
If we lose Stone, Duchene & Dzingel like it looks now, we will have lost our 5 best players in under one calendar year and none of them were even 30 years old.

Karlsson
Stone
Duchene
Hoffman
Dzingel

That's an insane amount of talent sent packing, especially if we end up adding Hughes to that list.

Throw in Zibby to that mix

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
No player, or coach gives to flying fox farts about a draft pick that has been traded away.

They could care less who Colorado selects in the draft, it's not on their minds, or enters their mind for any reason.

If anyone thinks the players and coach sit around in pre game talks and say we have to win to decrease the odds for another teams draft lottery pick is ridiculous.

I never said that they did. That was a big response to a point I never made.

Good for you.

Reactions: Deku

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa only plays Colorado twice per yr & given the fact they play out west we rarely hear about them. People worry over nothing, we should be more concerned about our own team & not what some other team may or may not do. We're on a two game win streak, who could have predicted that? :thumbu:

Reactions: albator71

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018

Karlsson
Stone
Duchene
Hoffman
Dzingel

Incredible really

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad