Post-Game Talk: SENS in Edmonton, Sat. 4:00 pm

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
To think we won this without the veteran presence of Zack Smith and Cody Ceci. Wow.
I'd take both those guys over Boedker, Balcers, Gibbons, Lindberg, Paajarvi & DeMello, even Jaros is having a tough time defensively sometimes, he falls as often as Tkachuk.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I'd take both those guys over Boedker, Balcers, Gibbons, Lindberg, Paajarvi & DeMello, even Jaros is having a tough time defensively sometimes, he falls as often as Tkachuk.

The amazing thing about this is despite Jaros falling down constantly he manages to win puck battles unlike a certain guy whose jersey number ends in #74. I can't think of a puck battle he won. Or where there was a chance of getting picked off and he did not get picked off by an Oilers player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
The amazing thing about this is despite Jaros falling down constantly he manages to win puck battles unlike a certain guy whose jersey number ends in #74. I can't think of a puck battle he won. Or where there was a chance of getting picked off and he did not get picked off by an Oilers player.
He's also the only one with the balls to take on Lucic if he has too.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

Only guy I wouldn't take over Smith is Boedker, and that's still stretching it.

Demelo is a better dman than Ceci, and Jaros will be better than Cody soon enough.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Demelo is a better dman than Ceci, and Jaros will be better than Cody soon enough.
Then how is it that no matter who the coach is Ceci consistently gets more ice time than DeMello? And Smith consistently gets more ice time than the other guys that were mentioned? It's because they are the better players.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

Demelo is pretty good. IMO we have to keep that guy. Maybe not as a top 4, but eventually as a bottom pairing dman he is perfect. Good on D, he has puck skill.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Then how is it that no matter who the coach is Ceci consistently gets more ice time than DeMello? And Smith consistently gets more ice time than the other guys that were mentioned? It's because they are the better players.

I'd venture a big reason why Boucher was canned was for playing Smith 20 minutes a night.

Same goes for Ceci.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Balcers has 9Pts in his last 19... he could finish the last 25 games at a 40-45 point pace

That’s promising heading into next season... a good off season and he might break out... can’t deny the dude has puck skills and his game is made for the new nhl

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Balcers has 9Pts in his last 19... he could finish the last 25 games at a 40-45 point pace

That’s promising heading into next season... a good off season and he might break out... can’t deny the dude has puck skills and his game is made for the new nhl

How did he look in this game by the way?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
For those in attendance how was the fan support for the Sens at the arena?

Seemed like a decent show up. Not as good as previous years but probably for obvious reasons

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

I'm really liking him. Flashes of high skill and the effort seems to be there.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I'm really liking him. Flashes of high skill and the effort seems to be there.

I think all our young guys are showing flashes of skill. But they all need to be stronger. Tkachuk. Balcers. Abramov. They need to chow down some serious groceries this summer and hit the gym hard

Reactions: DrEasy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad