Post-Game Talk: SENS in Columbus New Years Eve, 7:00pm

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
That simply would have left us trading Turris for picks and prospects at some point between Nov. 2017 and Feb. 2018.

Okay then, but at least we would still have our 1st this year.

Dorion and Melnyk f***ed this team over so bad that i really don't know when this team will contend anymore.

Where this team is at currently, i would rather have a chance at the 1st overall pick then Duchene even though Duchene is a great player.

This season is such a waste. I guess we can get the satisfaction of watching the young players, but we don't even have the draft too look forward too.

That is unless the Sharks miss the playoffs (unlikely) and Stone and Duchene get traded for 1st round picks (would most likely be late picks though)

Last edited:
Reactions: Evanc23

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
So I missed the game. NYE party could not avoid... how were Boucher's new lines?

How'd the new Stone line do?

How'd the new Duchene line do?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I do think White is a better match with Duchene then Dzingel ever was. Duchene excels from the hashmarks down, Colin White as you mentioned is a player who is going to support the puck and can help do a little of the dirty work for Duchene, he's also going to get to the net. IMO thats what Duchene has been missing on his wing all season, it's been mostly him doing all the work in the offesnive zone and at times he is guilty of trying to do it all himself but Dzingel and Boedker aren't the players who can help play his game. White is. Bobby Ryan can also do that but he doesn't have the jump to keep pace with Duchene. Tierney never really got much of a look on the wing, perhaps the coaching staff didn't feel comfortable with him there. Smith has also been given a look recently but offensively he just isn't on the same level. The others really aren't serious options.

I disagree that there's something to lose, if it doesn't work you can just as easily reunite White with Stone. If anything there's only something to gain. There's been far too many one and done's in the offensive zone. There's one line that you can rely on to consistently hold the offesnive zone. Perhaps this move results in no lines that you can rely on but there's also the chance you get two lines that can apply pressure on a regular basis. At the very least its worth a shot especially with the way things have gone over the past month.

How would you say the changes went?

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Dzingel was good had one of his better games.
Tierney had 3 really good passes setting up scoring chances
Paul Pyatt Rodewald ended up being 4th line all with less than 10 minutes of ice time when Dzingel and Boedker played with more jump.
Overall i think we played a good road game except for a few defensive mistakes.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
It's not fair to blame Ceci for his +/- on a horrible team where is given the most difficult defensive match-ups.
Has a D in the history of the league had more difficult match-ups?
I dont think so
He’s the Norris winner in our heart
Hope he’s a Sens forever
Cody or die man :spud:

Reactions: Deku

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
The owner is doing the best he can and nothing is the fault of management. Just either bad luck or scummy players turning their back on this amazing management group.

Would love to see what this team could do if management could deal with a good fan base and non scum bag players. :sarcasm:
Too bad there’s a contingent that is blindly supporting this tire fire team

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
it's pretty sad actually, If the problem is with Melnyk or Dorion okay fine but then to throw any fans cheering for the team into the hatred is bull**** and really stupid. It's not our fault your favorite player is gone.

Alot of people sticking around that are not even cheering for the team also seems kinda lame.
Have you heard of the expression of “being an enabler”?

krapsik

Nov 13, 2009
Estonia
Considerind lineup, that wasnt bad game. Officiating was bad. Stone was invisible.
Ceci need to be gone asap. Hogberg deserved new start. Very good game from him.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Didnt watch but hope we lose every game going forward.

We’re already in last place. We’re not going to get better coaching. Our better players will get traded.

I guess it doesn’t matter at this point. It’s a draft lottery in the first round anyway, right?

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
Time for Dorion to f***ing act, yes I know firing the coach won't change much but they look so f***ing bad out there it can't possibly get any worse with another staff behind the bench..

Thought Högberg looked good though, can only do so much with this d-zone coverage. Hope we stick with him.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
49007427_10155643071476557_1636133633536294912_n.jpg
photo.php
photo.php

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
That simply would have left us trading Turris for picks and prospects at some point between Nov. 2017 and Feb. 2018.
And this team in a rebuild, what looks better?

Team with:
Girard
Bowers
2019 Ott 1st
2018 Ott 1st
2018 NSH 2nd
2018 Ott 3rd
Kamenev

Or team with:
Whatever Duchene returns in a trade, my prediction is:
23-31st overall 2019/20
A/B prospect (Gustovson/Balcers)
Cast away roster player (Cole/Chaisson/Boedker/Demelo/Tierny)

2018 Ott 1st

If we were able to reverse the Duchene trade while trading Turris, we are so far ahead in this "rebuild" it isn't funny.

20 year old Top 4 D in Girard
Our 2019 pick which would be a better prospect than Tkachuk (Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Dach) IMO
Still have Tkachuk
2 extra early round picks
Bowers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad