Pre-Game Talk: SENS in Chicago, Wed, 8:00 pm on SportNet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Good parts to this game...2 bottom feeders but with some skill players is more entertaining than watching the old NJ trap style teams in any games. Especially enjoined the ot and the final so results are as expected.

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North
Don't forget to watch the women play for gold just starting now on TSN, CBC and Sportsnet some channels may join late due to prior commitments so check around.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Great game between the Canadian & American girls for the gold medal with the Americans winning it in a shootout on the 6th or 7th shooter I think. Canada had there chance with 1:35 left in overtime & got a PP & came so close with a shot that hit the post. Too bad but they played great, made us proud & got a Silver medal. :thumbu::thumbu:

Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Great game between the Canadian & American girls for the gold medal with the Americans winning it in a shootout on the 6th or 7th shooter I think. Canada had there chance with 1:35 left in overtime & got a PP & came so close with a shot that hit the post. Too bad but they played great, made us proud & got a Silver medal. :thumbu::thumbu:

Not just saying this because Canada lost, but I hate games like this being decided in a shootout. Wish it could just be sudden death OT until someone scores.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
Not just saying this because Canada lost, but I hate games like this being decided in a shootout. Wish it could just be sudden death OT until someone scores.
agreed but that being said the ladies deserved to loose that game. They barely played as a team most of the game and they also looked pretty gassed by the third. USA was easily the better team tonight.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Yea the shootout is a skills competition. The girls on both sides looked pretty tired though during that overtime 4 on 4 on the big ice surface, they were changing quite quickly but it was a very entertaining game.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
agreed but that being said the ladies deserved to loose that game. They barely played as a team most of the game and they also looked pretty gassed by the third. USA was easily the better team tonight.

I don't agree with this at all, I thought the game was pretty even throughout, especially considering the Americans had 5 PPs to Canada's one I think until the OT when they got their 2nd with 1:35 left in OT. I mean it went to the 7th shooter in the shootout, I don't think you can get more even than that & Canada led after the 2nd & most of the 3rd until the Americans got the tying goal. I gave the edge to Canada but I'm probably bias.

Cloud

Feb 22, 2016
Yukon
I don't agree with this at all, I thought the game was pretty even throughout, especially considering the Americans had 5 PPs to Canada's one I think until the OT when they got their 2nd with 1:35 left in OT. I mean it went to the 7th shooter in the shootout, I don't think you can get more even than that & Canada led after the 2nd & most of the 3rd until the Americans got the tying goal. I gave the edge to Canada but I'm probably bias.

Their goaltending was the only thing that kept it close. Their puck support was practically non existent all game and they had virtually no net front presence either. They had 3 clear cut 2 on 1's with the puck carrier opting for taking a shot while being cut off by the defender...now granted i don't watch a lot of women's hockey but I'd like to think they are skilled enough to pull off a pass on a 2 on 1 once in awhile. Constant turnovers, sloppy play..etc etc...i could go on forever. USA skated circles around them most of the night..

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Their goaltending was the only thing that kept it close. Their puck support was practically non existent all game and they had virtually no net front presence either. They had 3 clear cut 2 on 1's with the puck carrier opting for taking a shot while being cut off by the defender...now granted i don't watch a lot of women's hockey but I'd like to think they are skilled enough to pull off a pass on a 2 on 1 once in awhile. Constant turnovers, sloppy play..etc etc...i could go on forever. USA skated circles around them most of the night..
I thought the shootout was Canada's best hope, given that their legs were gone and that until the late PP they couldm't create any scoring chances. I've never seen a Canadian women's team so disjointed on the attack, so many odd-man opportunities thrown away with no-hope shots directed vaguely toward the net. There's only two or three players on that team who can score from far out, but most of them are great passers. Don't know why they quit trying that. Exhaustion? Anyway, it was a valiant try against a more talented team, and pretty good entertainment. I celebrate the 20-year Olympic winning streak and acknowlege a good game by the other guys.

Last edited:

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
That OT was infuriating to watch! Offensive attack was basically dump the puck in their zone and do a line change!

I don't think the game was as bad as the OT. But Canada was playing not to lose rather than playing to win the game! And minus the first half of the game I don't think the officiating was as bad as other years. Canada was playing more undisciplined than they usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->