Post-Game Talk: SENS in Calgary, tonight 9:00pm on TSN

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Well, there's always looking at the faces of dejected Blue Jackets as they realize they're probably going to miss the playoffs.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I though DeMelo had a rough night goal notwithstanding.

Guys looked gassed by late in the 2nd, maybe because it's a back to back, maybe the flu, idk, but whatever it was it showed.

Wolanin looks legit imo. Still some work to be done but he's a lock for next year imo.

Brannstrom is also legit.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
He is starting to creep into Nick Paul territory

Mike Smith robbed him of a goal tonight. Also, made some plays in the offensive zone.

Impossible to adequately evaluate guys in the current context. Young team in a FULL rebuild, missing 5 of their established players too (lol) and playing against a top-5 team, a CUP contender firing on all cylinders. Sens had some good moments, kids showed some interesting things, but in the end nothing they could do.

Reactions: Variable26

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Mike Smith robbed him of a goal tonight. Also, made some plays in the offensive zone.

Impossible to adequately evaluate guys in the current context. Young team in a FULL rebuild, missing 5 of their established players too (lol) and playing against a top-5 team, a CUP contender firing on all cylinders. Sens had some good moments, kids showed some interesting things, but in the end nothing they could do.

I missed the third period (getting breakfast).

They were playing well in the second I thought. Good cycling and some okay chances.

Abramov stood out on his shifts.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

I'm evaluating his body of work overall. Not just this game....

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Brannstrom is really shifty, but there was a target on him the entire game. Liking what I'm seeing from him, really confident player.

Reactions: Sensators

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
SMURF City:
Balcers 5’11”. 175
Brannstrom. 5’10”. 173
Gibbons 5’8”. 185
Abramov. 5’9”. 170

Vastly improved?

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
SMURF City:
Balcers 5’11”. 175
Brannstrom. 5’10”. 173
Gibbons 5’8”. 185
Abramov. 5’9”. 170

Vastly improved?
IMO that is what is wrong with this roster, too many small soft skilled perimeter players. They just don't have enough jam in their lineup to crash the net with regularity with the exception of one guy, Tkachuk. BT does something every shift while those little smurfs are figure skating around the perimeter wasting time & accomplishing nothing. Three of those guys need to go.

Reactions: Cosmix

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
IMO that is what is wrong with this roster, too many small soft skilled perimeter players. They just don't have enough jam in their lineup to crash the net with regularity with the exception of one guy, Tkachuk. BT does something every shift while those little smurfs are figure skating around the perimeter wasting time & accomplishing nothing. Three of those guys need to go.

This is the most aragorn post ever.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
SMURF City:
Balcers 5’11”. 175
Brannstrom. 5’10”. 173
Gibbons 5’8”. 185
Abramov. 5’9”. 170

Vastly improved?
Interesting perspective...

Well, Abramov at 5'9", 170 and aJlonathon Davidsson at 5'11", 185 gives us a total of 140 inches and 355 lbs. Duchene was only 5'11",195. So we clearly won this trade, and we haven't even factored in our draft picks.

Reactions: Variable26

Sens

Jan 7, 2016

There is no hitting in the nhl anymore... your thoughts of size does not matter anymore... the game has changed significantly

Smaller, skilled players with speed is the way the nhl is going

As much as I like hitting and grit... it’s getting phased out if the nhl... either change with the times or become a dinosaur

Reactions: Larionov

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Ngl... I had no clue we played today until rn at 3:29am. I apologize for letting down the fanbase... Or is it the opposite since I managed to forget about the sens with Melnyk running it?

Lol... not surprised we got our ass kicked

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Didn't watch the entire game but Abramov was a team worst - 3. He had a good game?
IMO he looks like a skilled player, made a few plays...but for some reason he looked like he was really gassed and was sucking wind all game. I found that a bit odd.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This is the most aragorn post ever.

I found a gif of aragorn watching hockey:

200w.gif

(aragorn, I kid, we love ya buddy ;))

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ferraro is so soft on Dorion.

Sure he got Brannstrom for Stone, but he doesn't deserve any praise considering that he mostly got depth for every other star he traded. Ferraro said it himself, you don't want a bunch of mediocre prospects when you trade elite players, but that's generally what our GM has gotten.

Reactions: aragorn

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Considering we traded our top center at the deadline, and our next best 3 centers in White Tierney and Pageau were all out, i think its pretty clear Calgary should be embarassed for only winning 5 to 1. And thats without even considering that we shipped off Stone and Dzingel or that Chabot was also out... oh and Ceci I guess.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
There is no hitting in the nhl anymore... your thoughts of size does not matter anymore... the game has changed significantly

Smaller, skilled players with speed is the way the nhl is going

As much as I like hitting and grit... it’s getting phased out if the nhl... either change with the times or become a dinosaur

Whether we like it or not, you are 100% correct. Look at Pageau - dude got a one game suspension for a hit that no one would have looked at twice even a few years ago. Exhibit #2 is Milan Lucic - the guy is a complete dinosaur now. If "heavy" hockey was the answer, Lucic would be a valuable player - after all, he's not that old and can still hit. The league is about speed and youth now, so moving in that direction makes perfect sense...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad