GDT: SENS in Boston, 7:00 pm on SN

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Hoffman has really packed it in. He must really want to stay here because no GM who has watched him these past few weeks is gonna have a very positive view of him.

I actually started writing this before he made that turnover, btw.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Even with Stone, we just dont have enough up front to do much of anything....Everybody harps on the defense and goaltending,but it the inconsistant top 9 that has been the issue since the Pizza line left

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
QSilqA6.gif

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Hoffman has really packed it in. He must really want to stay here because no GM who has watched him these past few weeks is gonna have a very positive view of him.

I actually started writing this before he made that turnover, btw.

The goals don't come often enough to make up for the lackadaisical play the other 80% of the time

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
What a season.

Win a top 3 pick
get a healthy Karlsson
get a healthy Mark Stone
get Duchene on this team with a senators training
get a stronger Chabot
get a stronger Colin White
Get a #2 centre Stepan? Zetterberg?
Get rid of Zack Smith and Craig Anderson
get Aaron Dell in free agency

this would be a playoff team.

Reactions: Alex1234

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yeah....I really love Hoffmans skillset, but the guy really hasn't shown anything positive character-wise over the past month or so.

rofl...that Hainsey reaction is going to be on a lot of gifs and photoshops on the main boards in a hurry.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Even with Stone, we just dont have enough up front to do much of anything....Everybody harps on the defense and goaltending,but it the inconsistant top 9 that has been the issue since the Pizza line left

Nope. Our defense is the problem AINEC.

We allowed something like 70 more goals this season than last year, while scoring more.

Reactions: Tundraman

topshelf15

May 5, 2009

We allowed something like 70 more goals this season than last year, while scoring more.
Nope the forwards on the team puts no pressure on opposing team,s defense and gets out shot all the time...The forwards cant possess the f***en puck in the O zone meaning we defend far far too often and for far far too long

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Defense is not played solely by defencemen (at least on successful teams). Just like offense is not solely driven by forwards.

Our team defense was atrocious this year and that absolutely falls on the forwards to a large extent.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Nope the forwards on the team puts no pressure on opposing team,s defense and gets out shot all the time...The forwards cant possess the ****en puck in the O zone meaning we defend far far too often and for far far too long

Pretty sure the stats I mentioned proved defense was our main issue. Don't see how you can argue us giving up the 2nd most goals in the league.

Not saying our forwards are competitive enough. We still need a top-6 winger and someone to replace Brass properly, but our defense, even with EK, is a goddam tire-fire, and so is goaltending this season.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Defense is not played solely by defencemen (at least on successful teams). Just like offense is not solely driven by forwards.

Our team defense was atrocious this year and that absolutely falls on the forwards to a large extent.

So, our defense being bad is more a result of the forwards being bad defensively than the people whose job it is to defend?

Got it.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
So, our defense being bad is more a result of the forwards being bad defensively than the people whose job it is to defend?

Got it.

The group of defensmen this year was bad but the forwards were just as bad defensively. Defending isn’t a job that’s limited to the defensmen and goaltenders though. It’s the whole group.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Got it.

Fella, if that's what you got out of my post... you absolutely have not got it.

Boston can win the east with a win tomorrow.. Florida came oh so close to making it.. that is the worst imo .. to battle hard all year for 9th.

I dunno... I think our season has been worse!

I do wish Florida was able to pick up a few more points throughout the season... it would be very fun to see a game with such high stakes. I suppose Colorado-St. Louis will have to do!

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
The group of defensmen this year was bad but the forwards were just as bad defensively. Defending isn’t a job that’s limited to the defensmen and goaltenders though. It’s the whole group.
Listen to that thing from the NHL stats guy I posted in the Guy Boucher thread .. this team was dead last in Dzone time (meaning worst) and led the league in turnovers in their end.
recipe for disaster. I don't know how anybody can support Boucher after listening to that

Reactions: Alex1234

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Listen to that thing from the NHL stats guy I posted in the Guy Boucher thread .. this team was dead last in Dzone time (meaning worst) and led the league in turnovers in their end.
recipe for disaster. I don't know how anybody can support Boucher after listening to that

Only Sens with positive takeaway-giveaway differentials are:

Pyatt (+7)
Stone (+2)
Duchene (+1)

Brassard and Thompson were also positive differential players. Chlapik, too, but it's a pretty small sample size. Hopefully he can be just as good at puck management in a bigger role next year.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad