Post-Game Talk: SENS in Beantown, Sat. 7:00pm

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Lots of blame to go around on that no back pressure.. Wolanin can't step up with zero support .. Have you played Defense?

Wolanin had support in Pajaarvi. He doesn't have to charge at Heinen but he has to close that gap. Heinen is able to walk down main street and cut to the middle because Wolanin is in a bad position. That's the root cause of this goal. It's hilarious that Ceci is the one here getting the blame because he mishandled a puck a minute before the goal. It's plays like this that have prevented Wolanin from being an everyday NHLer to this point. I'm sure he will get it sorted out but until then you can't expected coaches to feed him icetime.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Man wtf is paajarvi doing on that goal. And he was one of Boucher’s premier defensive players lmfao
I know it is easy to blame Ceci for everything. But from the moment the pass happened at the blue line Paajarvi was out of position, show his arse while swinging his stick and there you go.

Too bad , but the players are trying hard, and Crawford has them playing harder

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah debatable for sure. He still **** tho?

You just wait. When he’s horrible (mostly always) you don’t say a peep. You literally wait for something to go wrong that wasn’t obviously his fault just to say “that wasn’t cecis fault”. That pretty much says all there is to say about ceci.

So the puck carrier comes down on the right side from his perspectiv; Cuts into the wide open slot buys more time and fires it on net in the last minute of the game and its the RD's gap control fault... Yah ok.:shakehead

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Wolanin had support in Pajaarvi. He doesn't have to charge at Heinen but he has to close that gap. Heinen is able to walk down main street and cut to the middle because Wolanin is in a bad position. That's the root cause of this goal. It's hilarious that Ceci is the one here getting the blame because he mishandled a puck a minute before the goal. It's plays like this that have prevented Wolanin from being an everyday NHLer to this point. I'm sure he will get it sorted out but until then you can't expected coaches to feed him icetime.

The support should be in the center of the ice on the back pressure .. Its an area of coverage .. it needs to be covered.... People should not be able to cut into the slot at close to the top of the circle unimpeded .. the RD has to respect his zone on the side of the ice being attacked. If a forward is not in the play on the backcheck and the puck side has pressure they have to backcheck to take away the middle of the ice... No one did that..Wolanin can't cover that side being attacked and the middle of the ice at the same time

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The support should be in the center of the ice on the back pressure .. Its an area of coverage .. it needs to be covered.... People should not be able to cut into the slot at close to the top of the circle unimpeded .. the RD has to respect his zone on the side of the ice being attacked.

Heinen was able to cut to the middle becuase Wolanin was useless. He couldn't force the play to the outside becuase the gap was too big and by the time he was within reach, he was flat footed. That's not a position you want to be in as a defensemen. Paajarvi could have played it better, he over committed but the root cause is Wolanin not reading the play and getting into position.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
erik-gudbranson-2013-234.jpg

Just posting this here to humanize Ceci.

Before you guys decide to post, you should look at that picture of him. I understand that things get heated in game threads, but look at Ceci's picture above and realize he is a person too, then decide if you still think your comment is fair and level headed.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Heinen was able to cut to the middle becuase Wolanin was useless. He couldn't force the play to the outside becuase the gap was too big and by the time he was within reach, he was flat footed. That's not a position you want to be in as a defensemen. Paajarvi could have played it better, he over committed but the root cause is Wolanin not reading the play and getting into position.

It's like you don't notice how Ceci doesn't support his d partner at all and just stands there screening Andy.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

You got a thing vs Wolanin.. I just watched it again .. that is not true at all.. I am not sure what you'd expect him to do .. He has his side .. the has to maintain that position and Heinen cuts to the middle with too much space there.. Wolanin cannot defend the ice on the right and the middle at the same time.. at that time the play is too deep for him to commit out that high.. You think what you want and I am sure you will but ... that was not on Wolanin. I am not saying its on Ceci either ,, there was no support down the middle of the ice and their should have been. Paajarvi was in better position to impede that cut back than anyone

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
The support should be in the center of the ice on the back pressure .. Its an area of coverage .. it needs to be covered.... People should not be able to cut into the slot at close to the top of the circle unimpeded .. the RD has to respect his zone on the side of the ice being attacked. If a forward is not in the play on the backcheck and the puck side has pressure they have to backcheck to take away the middle of the ice... No one did that..Wolanin can't cover that side being attacked and the middle of the ice at the same time
This

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
They were up 2-1 and the 3rd period started and I watched a movie with my kids instead because I just knew that they would cave and end up losing. Then I checked the score on my phone and it was tied and I thought “oh they’ll definitely fold up the tent now”. Sure enough, 3-2 loss. I only feel emptiness when I think of the Senators now.

Reactions: Deku

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Pretty funny seeing a Sens fan at the arena leave the game when the Bruins scored in the final minutes. He just knew they weren't coming back with a minute left in the game

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thought he had a bad game. Couple of bad turnovers and just badly positioned overall. Crawford adjusted his icetime and he didn't see many shifts as the game wore on.

Balcers had more minutes in the 3rd than either the 1st or the 2nd. I'd really like to see him play up the lineup with White and Ryan/Duclair. He shows lots of flashes and he works hard. Not a lot of skill in the lineup to play with.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad