Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Hurricanes Jan. 25 (12 p.m. Eastern)

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013
I recall the Stache talking about his plans to run a 4am practice on Saturday in order to get in an early skate. I don't know if he said that tongue-in-cheek, but I think they really would benefit from getting an early morning start... The only theory I can come up with to account for our miserable Saturday afternoon record is that the players are too ill-prepared, presumably due to a lack of sleep (after a Friday evening...) and an early skate.

Methot, you go to bed now!

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Would have liked to see Wiercioch stay in. I think he's starting to hit his stride. Hard to take Gryba out though, he's been consistently solid and I expect we'll have to kill lots of PPs.

Agreed. Gryba seems to have snapped out of his early season funk after playing the Habs a while ago. He's playing like he did last year which is a good sign for our defense. I wouldn't even mind going with that shut down pair of Methot-Gryba we used a ton last year on Carolina's top line. Though that leaves a Philly-Ceci pairing which I'm less thrilled about.

Also, any update on Stone? I'm guessing he will only be out a week and some change due to a sprain. I'm excited to see Spezza-Stone again together now that Spezza seems to be playing healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Huston

Sep 23, 2006
London
When do these afternoon games end? It gets in the way of working on projects. Guess I will just listen to it.

I wonder if I should put up some vcash for the Canes to win?

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Oh hey there Senators Hockey Club, we hear you're pretty bad at afternoon games. Well have we got a treat for you. We're gonna move your evening game to an afternoon one, because we decided to postpone another game which had absolutely nothing to do with you! And just for kicks, we're gonna start it at the earliest possible time for an NHL game! lolllzzz!!

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/1171310/Pejorative Slured-horse-o.gif

Feels like I'm getting ready to watch a WJC game overseas.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, technically, if we're starting at 12, it isn't an afternoon game, per se. So maybe the bad afternoon karma won hit us this game...maybe...

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
When do these afternoon games end? It gets in the way of working on projects. Guess I will just listen to it.

I wonder if I should put up some vcash for the Canes to win?

Put up some real cash. An afternoon game in Carolina is a slam dunk for a Sens loss.

Spez

Feb 14, 2013
We should do a reverse jinx by making the pre-game talk thread as the GDT. Maybe the end result will be a Sens afternoon win in Carolina :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad