TSN: Sens GM Dorion: Upcoming draft can 'alter the direction of franchise'

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Ottawa Senators GM Pierre Dorion: Upcoming NHL Draft can 'alter the direction of franchise' - TSN.ca

What is the best way to solve your goaltending issue long-term?

Dorion:
Probably the best way to solve our goaltending issue is look at the four young players that we have at the goaltending position right now.
Joey Daccord only played half the year in the American Hockey League last year, his numbers were as good as any goalie’s that played there. We went from a fourth place team to a first place team when he took over.
Filip Gustavsson has great upside. He was the best goalie at the World Juniors two years ago.
Kevin Mandolese was probably the best goalie in Major Junior in the second half last year in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
And we took a gamble last year in the second round on a guy that is 6’7 who moves really well in Mads Sogaard. So I think internally is probably the best way to look at it for us to improve our goaltending.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
Hm doesn’t sound interested in acquiring one at all

I could see us signing a veteran stop gap for a year or two depending on the health of Nilsson but that's it. Someone like Jimmy Howard maybe.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I could see us signing a veteran stop gap for a year or two depending on the health of Nilsson but that's it. Someone like Jimmy Howard maybe.
Yeah that would make sense, Reimers name was also out there so maybe him

Reactions: Daffy

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He could be bluffing. I hope he isnt. I'd acquire a goalie for short/medium-term platooning, but no one is available that I see as a good long-term solution for us

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
We have a ton of goalie prospects in our system just let them duke it out and keep the best of them or make a pitch for Aaron Dell in free agency

Reactions: bert

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad