OT: Sens fans online hockey fantasy league on Websimhockey

peacefrogdog

Mar 15, 2002
Visit site
Posting this here as this is a Sens-fan specific fantasy league topic.

This is not meant as an ad so I hope this won't get deleted - I have nothing to do with the site I discuss below. I'm just a fantasy hockey fan hoping to fill an online league I just joined with other Sens fans that looks fantastic.

Recently Senschirp had a promotion to allow people to sign up for WebSimhockey for free. If you haven't seen Websimhockey it is an online fantasy hockey sim, but probably the most detailed sim I've come across on the web or platform/computer. Not only can you do the usual assignment and contracts of players, but you control even things like arena finances, setting costs of beers, assigning budget money for advertising, marketting, gyms, medical etc. Each city has its own budget, and its cash flow is dependent on things like quality of their arenas, overall team popularity etc. Also it looks like players attributes change with time.

We are currently in the beginning rounds of the draft in my league, for which everyone was referred by Senschirp and are Sens fans. It is a 12-team league, but 3 GM's have bowed out related to inactivity. Looking to fill those spots, ideally with Sens fans.

The site can be seen at Websimhockey.com . If you're interested in signing up, PM me or send me an email at peacefrogdog AT GEE-MAIL dot com. While normally there is a cost to join the site, because it was based on a Senschirp promotion anyone who wants to take over one of the 3 teams would not have to pay.

The available teams are: Toronto (unfortunately),NYR and LA.

Last edited by a moderator:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

This is not meant as an ad so I hope this won't get deleted

You're recruiting for a league you're actively in... IMO that's fine (its not much different than the XBOX NHL14 threads, IMO), so AFAIC the thread wont get deleted, BUT it will run the risk of getting closed if it turns into an advertising thread in any capacity whatsoever.

While normally there is a cost to join the site, because it was based on a Senschirp promotion anyone who wants to take over one of the 3 teams would not have to pay.

Technically, it has nothing to do with Senschirp. WebSim waives the fee for anyone who is taking over an already existing team mid-season (I used to play WSH).

peacefrogdog

Mar 15, 2002
Visit site
You're recruiting for a league you're actively in... IMO that's fine (its not much different than the XBOX NHL14 threads, IMO), so AFAIC the thread wont get deleted, BUT it will run the risk of getting closed if it turns into an advertising thread in any capacity whatsoever.

Technically, it has nothing to do with Senschirp. WebSim waives the fee for anyone who is taking over an already existing team mid-season (I used to play WSH).

The league I got placed in looks to be all Sens fans. We are starting the league from scratch and at the point if doing the initial draft. Just starting to explore the game but it looks like fun.

Healfezza

Sep 9, 2008
Red Deer
The league I got placed in looks to be all Sens fans. We are starting the league from scratch and at the point if doing the initial draft. Just starting to explore the game but it looks like fun.

As an EHM vet I would have to agree that the site looks interesting and to have enough depth to keep people engrossed. I came into the game with a couple draft picks already decided for me, but managed to work with it as they were decent selections (anyone coming into the group should expect selections to be relatively decent and not hampering).

All I can say is that if you are to join take a little bit to ponder how a 12 team league effects your decision making, look around the game system to see how it may effect your team building, and think before you act.

I like some healthy competition :)

peacefrogdog

Mar 15, 2002
Visit site
I'm also a EHM vet. Excited to start this league. While the initial draft is almost done, there are now four teams open. People dropped out because it was taking too much time to do the initial draft.

Available teams (with its five top-rated drafted players):

Calgary (S Weber, Zetterberg, D Sedin, Holtby, Phaneuf)
Vancouver (Callahan, MAFleury, HSedin, Backes, Elias)
NY Rangers (Lehtonen, PBergeron, RNash, DBrown, Price)
LA (Datsyuk, Hossa, Quick, Subban, Hall)

If interested, reply here or email me via the address my initial post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad