Sens Fans: Hoffman for Hopkins

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
There have been plenty of talk lately with Dorion scouting the Oilers about a Mike Hoffman for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins swap. Most Oilers fans would prefer to give RNH a chance on the wing before dealing him for another winger. What do sens fans think about this trade?

I would welcome a trade like RNH + 3rd/2nd for Hoffman + JG Pageau.

Curious to see Senators fans opinions on these trades.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
There have been plenty of talk lately with Dorion scouting the Oilers about a Mike Hoffman for Ryan Nugent-Hopkins swap. Most Oilers fans would prefer to give RNH a chance on the wing before dealing him for another winger. What do sens fans think about this trade?

Wouldn't trade him 1 for 1 for Hoffman let alone adding Pageau who scores just as much as RNH when given his ice time and he's better defensively. Terrible proposal.

When Pageau has been given top 6 ice time with top 6 wingers he has outscored at a ppg pace both Zibanejad and Brassard. First in 2015/2016 now this season once Brassard was traded and last year in the playoffs.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
There is no chance Ottawa adds Pageau to a Hoffman/RNH deal. Honestly the only pieces the sens would want back if they were adding Pageau to that deal would be 2018 1st, Puljujarvi, Nurse or Klefbom. I'm not gonna waste your time asking for your opinion on that.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa

I want to keep Hoffman, don't think we really need RNH, and Pageau is an engine for this team. Guy is worth his weight in gold.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nope. I'd have a hard time trading Hoff straight up for RNH. Adding the best 3C in the league as a throw in? Not a chance.

giphy.gif

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
The Oilers may be the ones adding to a Hoffman for RNH deal. The only way I see this happen is if we really aren't sold on any of our C's stepping into the second line role, and we likely won't know that until next camp.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
You have your answer I think. Hopefully our fantastic GM thinks the same.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
I just don't see the point in RNH for Hoffman.

The loss in production alone won't be made up by RNH, and the Sens have somewhat decent organizational depth at centre with a number of prospects on the verge of making the jump to the NHL (Brown, White, Chlapik), but the depth on wing, especially LW, is atrociously thin.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of RNH over the years, but from what I have seen, I've never been that impressed. He's a fine player, but not a guy that made me ever think, "Boy, I wish he was on the Senators."

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
If you want to see something even crazier, check out this twitter account:

@BeerLeagueHeroe 19h19 hours ago
More
There is one way to make an RNH to OTT for Hoffman trade palatable... If the Sens include Logan Brown, Filip Chlapik, Alex Formenton, or Drake Batherson. Thoughts?

... and then check out some of the replies to the tweet o_O

He's a former 1st overall pick. That legacy has value!

That's worth Ottawa adding Chabot...

:huh:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I just don't see the point in RNH for Hoffman.

The loss in production alone won't be made up by RNH, and the Sens have somewhat decent organizational depth at centre with a number of prospects on the verge of making the jump to the NHL (Brown, White, Chlapik), but the depth on wing, especially LW, is atrociously thin.

Maybe I haven't seen enough of RNH over the years, but from what I have seen, I've never been that impressed. He's a fine player, but not a guy that made me ever think, "Boy, I wish he was on the Senators."

And that's why there is no evidence that PD talked about making this rumoured trade, on this trip.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
RNH for Hoffman was just someone's idea. Mark Spector was just jotting thoughts down.
You can stop posting about it now.

Last edited:

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
I seriously don't understand what value RNH would bring to our team. We didn't want a 6M cap hit 2nd line C in November and all of a sudden, we do now. It makes no sense. The proposal is awful.

But Nugent Hopkins is younger and worse! How could we lose? :help:

Yep, just stay away. Overpriced and overrated. Hoffman has more goals each year he's been a full time player than Nugent-Hopkins' career high.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
More than likely that Dorion is scouting some 4th line plug.
He's got draft picks burning a hole in his pocket

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I think he's scouting Klefbom and maybe Puljujarvi in a potential Karlsson deal. Fml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad