Carolina 60-1
NY Islanders 60-1
Buffalo 66-1
NY Rangers 70-1
Detroit 75-1
Arizona 80-1
Vancouver 80-1
Ottawa 100-1

How do you guys think this relates to teams chances to actually win vs just profit from bets?

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Vegas odds before any offseason moves have happened are really dumb

We will probably still have the worst odds by pre-season though

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If Ottawa keeps Karlsson + Hoffman, adds a decent top-4 FA defenceman + Zadina to the lineup.
I'd be willing to put say $1000 on Ottawa. The lineup is as good, if not better, than the lineup that went to the ECF

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
A
Sometimes correlation does equal causation

For sure, I was just curious what other people thought of the early odds.

For me Toronto and Vegas both seem a bit high. I could see Vancouver, Buffalo and Pheonix being just as bad or worse than us. That's about as hopeful as I can be for next season.

bdp

Aug 21, 2008
Pierre Dorion and Guy Boucher would disagree, they still think this is an ECF caliber team, even without Karlsson.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014
All of those teams finished ahead of us other than Buffalo who is getting the number one pick. We suck, and we'll absolutely be the worst team in the NHL if we deal Hoffman and Karlsson (probably in the mix with Vancouver). It's fair.

Call me crazy but I actually think Vancouver could surprise. They don't have a ton of proven talent but they have some wildcards who could have great seasons.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Sens aren't that bad, Drop the dead weight of

Ryan
Smith
Burrows
Ceci

Replace them with players that actually play with effort, we could be a different team. Goaltending is the biggest question mark next year...and to think 2 years ago Anderson and Condon were one of the best duos in the NHL.

Mr Hat

Oct 24, 2017
Kelowna
Call me crazy but I actually think Vancouver could surprise. They don't have a ton of proven talent but they have some wildcards who could have great seasons.

Its hard to imagine any wildcards will fill the void of the Sedins. Who were you thinking might break out? I hope Boesser has another great season, but Sophomore slump could poke it's ugly head.

Reactions: Cosmix

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
All of those teams finished ahead of us other than Buffalo who is getting the number one pick. We suck, and we'll absolutely be the worst team in the NHL if we deal Hoffman and Karlsson (probably in the mix with Vancouver). It's fair.
Just average goaltending and the Sens will be several place above the bottom though not a playoff threat and that is assuming Hoffman and EK trades which may actually improve the team as it will be more likely all are pulling together which was not the case in the season just past.

aligator

Jan 3, 2008
Pierre Dorion and Guy Boucher would disagree, they still think this is an ECF caliber team, even without Karlsson.
They certainly don't. They are looking to improve the team for the future. It will be better than last season but no-one is thinking playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad