Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
O.png
vs :blues

Screenshot 2019-01-18 22.42.42.png

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Typically when you play a back to back on the road they at least give you the second game reasonably close by, i.e. New York to Philly, NJ to Boston, etc. In this case, we are flying to a different freaking time zone. Are you kidding me, NHL? What an awful schedule. Oh, and then we are off for 11 days between Jan 22 and Feb 1, the longest layoff of any team in the NHL. We have the worst schedule in the league this year, bar none.

All we can hope is that the positive energy of the Fathers Trip gives the boys enough of a boost to overcome the fatigue. The Blues are an eminently beatable team - their goaltending is suspect, and they have nothing that really scares you offensively. Ryan O'Reilly is a very good two way player and has to be watched closely, but generally I like how we match up here...

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It's easier to go west on the body so that's good.

But i sometimes wonder about the schedule imbalances. There is so much data on schedule and it's impact on points that a cynic would think the league can decide who makes the playoffs and who doesn't

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Typically when you play a back to back on the road they at least give you the second game reasonably close by, i.e. New York to Philly, NJ to Boston, etc. In this case, we are flying to a different freaking time zone. Are you kidding me, NHL? What an awful schedule. Oh, and then we are off for 11 days between Jan 22 and Feb 1, the longest layoff of any team in the NHL. We have the worst schedule in the league this year, bar none.

All we can hope is that the positive energy of the Fathers Trip gives the boys enough of a boost to overcome the fatigue. The Blues are an eminently beatable team - their goaltending is suspect, and they have nothing that really scares you offensively. Ryan O'Reilly is a very good two way player and has to be watched closely, but generally I like how we match up here...
Its like a 2 hour flight and 2 state lines. Its really not that far.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Be interesting to see Andy play. Nilsson just owning it right now.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Not happy with Andy in tn. Nilsson has been trying his ass off and been a beast. Why would you shut him down on a roll. At least wait until a loss

Reactions: Tuna99

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
It's easier to go west on the body so that's good.

But i sometimes wonder about the schedule imbalances. There is so much data on schedule and it's impact on points that a cynic would think the league can decide who makes the playoffs and who doesn't

I have always assumed for athletes it is easier to go east. It seems every year in some sport you hear about an eastern team winning their first game in pacific city x in like 10 years. For an eastern team to play in the Pacific timezone the average game starts at like 10:30 in the timezone they are adapted to. Flip it around and it is like 4:30.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Does anyone know if the Dad's pay their own way here to attend these games with the team or if EM & the team pay for it?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Not happy with Andy in tn. Nilsson has been trying his ass off and been a beast. Why would you shut him down on a roll. At least wait until a loss
Andy needs to be in form to get traded

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

The Blues aren't a very scary team and Andy needs to get some reps in if we are going to trade him.

Nilsson isn't a starter and is playing well, might as well take the opportunity to rest him up before he gets in funk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad