Confirmed with Link: Sens Claim Jayce Hawryluk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I understand but injuries and missed development years is key. Many young players have had their careers derailed by injuries. Example, Stefan Noesen or Jared Cowen could/should have been better. And even without injuries, some never seem to be able to reach their potential to be able to have a long NHL career.

Panthers just waived him because they gave up on him and no one was ready to give a pick to get him. Sens needed a jersey filler for after the trade deadline. It's possible that he finds his NHL niche but I'm not expecting it. And frankly, it's going to be very hard

Tkachuk, Norris, Batherson, Brown x 2, Balcers, Formenton, Abramov, Chlapik, Duclair?, Tierney?, White, Paul, Ryan (2 more years?). Even after these 14 guys, there's Davidsson, Gruden, Crookshank, Kastelic, Novak, Nurmi, Kelly, Beaudin, etc and the million upcoming draft picks

I don't see how JH makes this team for more than short term (maybe next year?), there's a massive logjam coming up at every position.
And Pinto

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I like Hawryluk. Certainly a replacement level 4th line type energy player but still .. I like him there. He is perfect for that role and I would rather see him there giving than using that position to test/reward a guy like Abramov for example. Even though Sabu scored the goal of his life , off the goalie off his pants and in. I'd play Hawryluk over him every game no exceptions.

Reactions: Icelevel and Bileur

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like Hawryluk. Certainly a replacement level 4th line type energy player but still .. I like him there. He is perfect for that role and I would rather see him there giving than using that position to test/reward a guy like Abramov for example. Even though Sabu scored the goal of his life , off the goalie off his pants and in. I'd play Hawryluk over him every game no exceptions.

I see that Reaves is a UFA this summer. I would rather have Reaves on the 4th line next season. :)

Reactions: aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Both is an option but if its one or the other I'd rather have Reaves too. I don't see us going after him at this stage however.

Both would be very good on the 4th line.

I think the next 2 or 3 seasons is the perfect time to have 2 or 3 physical players on the 4th line to send a message to all teams that our young players should not be targeted or physically roughed up.

cost would not be a concern given the current salary situation.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Both would be very good on the 4th line.

I think the next 2 or 3 seasons is the perfect time to have 2 or 3 physical players on the 4th line to send a message to all teams that our young players should not be targeted or physically roughed up.

I just think that Reeves will be desired by contenders and that would drive up his price beyond what Dorion will want to pay at that role at this stage. Your point is a good one though .. Someone that is beyond an ECHL level doing that would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad