Pre-Game Talk: Sens @ Bruins Monday 1 pm

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Should have picked up McElhinney as insurance.

Also, bring up Wolanin and reduce Boro and Ceci's toi, or outright sit one of the two out.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I've always wondered this, but does coaching staff sit down with players and show them their weaknesses. For example, would Sen's coaches pull Borowiecki aside and show him some of the mistakes he's making?

If not, then EM sits with Boro and tells him, more or less, that he's not going to be around much longer since there will be some 15 new guys on the roster between now and next season.

Otherwise, I believe they do.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I thought it was last month when Dorion traded Erik Karlsson?

wtf%20%282%29.gif

HF Reader

Jan 20, 2018
If not, then EM sits with Boro and tells him, more or less, that he's not going to be around much longer since there will be some 15 new guys on the roster between now and next season.

Otherwise, I believe they do.
Including the making of the propaganda video?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We got beat by that Marchand-Bergeron-Pastrnak line
And by the coach constantly putting he wrong players out against them. Boro and wideman are playing way too much against players that good. Was just insane to watch boro lose his check with that back breaking goal then was out the next shift. I actually like what boro brings but only when he is used as a third pairing d man.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
and we dominated the second.. hit a couple posts, and a missed a few wide open nets. it was good game.. we needed ceci and boro to play just Half Decently and condon to come up with a few average saves and we probably get a point.
Agreed, Condon has no confidence. Could not track a puck, poor anticipation. What a bad signing.

The sens played well, bad breaks and bad players getting smoked by great players. I thought the sens carried the play.

Smash88

Mar 15, 2012
Ottawa
We literally have no answer against the Bergeron line. We will constantly have a problem when playing them this season, we just don't have anybody that can match up with them. I think that will be a problem for many teams this season, that line is by far the best of the NHL.

We actually played a very good game, if Condon is a bit better, I think we bring that game to OT at least. We controlled large parts of that game, when the Bergeron line wasn't on the ice.

I like Ceci and feel people pick on him way too much, but that game will definitely not help his critics, not a good one for him for sure. I have a feeling though, he's going to look like this every time we play Boston this year.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We literally have no answer against the Bergeron line. We will constantly have a problem when playing them this season, we just don't have anybody that can match up with them. I think that will be a problem for many teams this season, that line is by far the best of the NHL.

We actually played a very good game, if Condon is a bit better, I think we bring that game to OT at least. We controlled large parts of that game, when the Bergeron line wasn't on the ice.

I like Ceci and feel people pick on him way too much, but that game will definitely not help his critics, not a good one for him for sure. I have a feeling though, he's going to look like this every time we play Boston this year.
Tkachuk-Duchene-Stone would be close to the best we could do against them.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Because there is nobody better aside from chabot on the team.

That's hardly cecis fault

Thats the root of argument, Ceci has done such a horrendous job that putting anyone else in there would be worth the risk of trying.

He's not a top pairing guy, he's not a shut down guy. I say give him sheltered 3rd pairing minutes and see how he does. Because if he's good but just has tough deployment, doing well in easy minutes should be a lay-up. Right?

Its time to open the mystery box and give the other guys a chance for bigger roles. Because "this might end bad" is better than "this is gonna end bad"

Reactions: DrEasy and Blotto71

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Thats the root of argument, Ceci has done such a horrendous job that putting anyone else in there would be worth the risk of trying.

He's not a top pairing guy, he's not a shut down guy. I say give him sheltered 3rd pairing minutes and see how he does. Because if he's good but just has tough deployment, doing well in easy minutes should be a lay-up. Right?

Its time to open the mystery box and give the other guys a chance for bigger roles. Because "this might end bad" is better than "this is gonna end bad"

Or people just disagree that he's completely atrocious.

El Diego

Jan 2, 2009

What it comes down to for me is, if you can get anything of value for Ceci then you have to do it. Sooner or later, other GMs are going to realize how poor he is. Who cares about replacing his minutes. They're bad minutes anyway.

As for Boro, simply getting rid of him for nothin would make our team better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->