Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022 #4

Who is the Sens #4 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o). Anyway, I don't see a debate for any candidate this year so that makes it easier

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strength, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Graduated players from 2021 (who are still in the organization) :

Erik Brännström and Alex Formenton. I'm also not including Vitali Abramov as he won't be back to NA before 25 y/o at least

To be added :

Tomas Hamara
Philippe Daoust
Maxence Guénette
Oliver Johansson
Leevi Merilainen
Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Carson Latimer
Cole Reinhardt
Jonathan Aspirot
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Luke Loheit
Filip Nordberg
Oskar Pettersson
Stephen Halliday
Jorian Donovan
Cameron O'Neill
Kevin Reidler
Theo Wallberg
Tyson Dyck

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2022

1- Jake Sanderson
2- Shane Pinto
3- Ridly Greig
4-
5-

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
This is a tough one, tbh I have a tier of JBD, Thomson, Sokolov, Sogaard, Boucher, and maybe guys like Kleven and Ostapchuk. Any of those guys are decent options. Heck I could see Jarventie or Crookshank as darkhorse options

Gonna give the goalie some love and go with Sogaard, but it's a roll of the dice regardless of who I go with.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
This is a tough one, tbh I have a tier of JBD, Thomson, Sokolov, Sogaard, Boucher, and maybe guys like Kleven and Ostapchuk. Any of those guys are decent options. Heck I could see Jarventie or Crookshank as darkhorse options

Gonna give the goalie some love and go with Sogaard, but it's a roll of the dice regardless of who I go with.

I’m surprised so many think Thomson will be better then Kleven, Kleven to me looks so much more assertive

Reactions: aragorn

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Said it in dev camp last year, Zack Ostapchuk is a mix of Zibanejad and Hertl. Extremely raw, but an absolute steal if he develops. The tantalizing mix of power, skill and will is evident every time he steps on the ice.

4. Ostapchuk
5. Boucher
6. The rest for me

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Thomson showed some real flashes of brilliance last year. He's a very smart player. With just a little more consistency our RHD problem is solved.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I’m surprised so many think Thomson will be better then Kleven, Kleven to me looks so much more assertive
Well, Kleven hasn't turned pro yet, JBD looked great in college but in the AHL I'd say he's about on par, albeit in a very different way, with Thomson.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
giraffe-dance.gif

Reactions: Cosmix

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I see a bunch of prospects who look to top out at middle 6 Fs or 2nd pair D so I’m going Sogaard based on him having a shot to be a legitimate NHL starter.

Reactions: Cosmix

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Went off the board with Lodin.

He looked really poised and transitioned to the NA game very quickly last year. I have high expectations for him to impress in camp.

After that prob Ostapchuk, JBD, Lassi but I have the D really close.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Yes he seems more assertive in a physical way; however, I was very impressed with Lassi when he played a few NHL games last season. Plus Mann made some very favourable comments about him. Kleven could become the big mean tough D I have been looking for but I prefer Lassi at this time.

Well, Kleven hasn't turned pro yet, JBD looked great in college but in the AHL I'd say he's about on par, albeit in a very different way, with Thomson.
I am still disappointed the Senators chose to trade down and we did not get Kandre Miller.

Reactions: Tuna99

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad