Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 #4

Who is the Sens #4 Prospect at the moment?

• Logan Brown

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angus Crookshank

• Lassi Thomson

• Mads Søgaard

• Roby Jarventie

• Tyler Kleven

• Zack Ostapchuk

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA among these players?

Try to do some research on these kids, particularly the most recent ones. People are free to post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon, or even try to persuade others why a guy should be voted next! Spread info to help people vote.

Players from the top-30 in 2020 who have graduated since (and still with the organization) :

Drake Batherson, Tim Stutzle, Josh Norris

Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021

1A- Tim Stutzle (53 GP)
1- Jake Sanderson (95.0%)
2B- Josh Norris (59 GP)
2- Shane Pinto (71.2%)
3- Erik Brännström (47.3%)
4-
5-

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

However, this year there will be 2 exceptions to AVOID massive turmoil. Like SensBrawler said to me "It's a weird situation due to the shortened season. In most years, they would have easily graduated."

So Tim Stutzle (53 GP) and Josh Norris (59 GP) are going to be considered graduated. The panel of Sens prospect polls experts think that the majority of people would still consider Brannstrom as a prospect, even though he has more games than them (63 GP), so he's going to be among options.

Order of the next prospects to be added :

Benjamin Roger
Kevin Mandolese
Vitali Abramov
Oliver Johansson
Carson Latimer
Philippe Daoust
Viktor Lodin
Maxence Guénette
Jonathan Aspirot
Parker Kelly
Cole Reinhardt
Mark Kastelic
Chandler Romeo
Jakov Novak
Jonny Tychonick
Eric Engstrand
Luke Loheit

Also, leaving the link of pre-2017 polls if anyone wants to bookmark the page

2016 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Is it me or I feel that Ridly Greig is really underrated? I mean, this guy could really be a Brad Marchand type... He's smart, skilled, works hard, a true pest... does everything, can hurt you in many ways.

He most assuredly won't be as good as Brad but even if he's just ~70%, he's a true gem.

==================================================

Comparing the pool to last year, we "lost" significant pieces

1- Tim Stutzle : graduated/established NHL player
3- Drake Batherson : graduated/established NHL player
4- Josh Norris : graduated/established NHL player
12- Rudolfs Balcers : graduated/"I'm sorry" gift to the Sharks?
14- Joey Daccord : Seattle expansion
18- Filip Chlapik : separated from the team, back in Europe, we don't have his NHL rights anymore
21- Max Lajoie : traded to Carolina for Clark Bishop
25- Jonathan Davidsson : concussions issues, back to Europe, we don't have his NHL rights anymore
NR- Jean-Christophe Beaudin : we didn't qualify him so he left as a free agent
NR- Olle Alsing : turned 25 y/o, gone to KHL but we kept his NHL rights (for some reason)

The first 5-6 guys on this list is a pretty big "blow" to a prospect pool but with the season many of Sens prospects had, the top-20 will still look pretty damn good.

Reactions: aragorn

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I went Greig as his overall game seems so good. He has speed, playmaking and his IQ seems far above average given his defensive impact as well.

The fact he is a mean SOB who hits to hurt is a bonus IMO. If he can get even a bit taller and thicker then we have a gem.

When some are saying we are looking to be tough and nothing else this is the type of player I reference as the prototype for Senators moving forward. Yes he is tough and will be hard to play against but he has more than enough skill too.

Could have gone with Formenton here but upside on Greig too enticing.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Formenton here for me. I think he's going to be a very impactful player. Probably never more than a 20-25 goal/40-45 point scorer in the NHL but he'll create on his own and be a threat shorthanded, all while playing a chippy game and being responsible defensively.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Bump, not a lot of participation

How are we going to go through the pool?:dunno:

Might have to keep each one open for 2-3 days before starting the next. People are away during the summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->