Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2021 #10 - Tie Breaker

Who is the Sens #10 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
oh oh ok, I personally don't attach much importance into draft position a few years after a draft. I haven't been thinking about "11th OA" when thinking about Logan Brown in a while. Batherson was a 4th rounder the following year and has been a better prospect than Brown for a while. I look at prospects purely from an ability standpoint and I try to project them as to what they could become in the NHL. I know most people retort to draft position and stats but I'm not "most people" and never been. Also a reason why I have had Lassi Thomson lower than many guys drafted later despite him being a very recent 1st round pick.

Those examples were more to show that it's "never too late" and even as a former 1st round pick, you're not an automatic bust if you aren't a NHL regular by age 23 or 24. But of course, chances that you'll be a perennial all-star are quite low

So it really depends on how you see things. My perception is mostly based on "jurisprudence". I look at what happened to have a better idea of what could happen. With Logan, it's still pretty much wide open but I feel/think that he won't stay with Ottawa for much longer.

It's also semantics. I often see the term "bust" for Alexandre Daigle for example but to me, this is simply a false statement. Scott Glennie is a bust, not a guy who played 616 NHL games and scored 327 pts. Of course, there's expectations that come with being drafted high, so I'd call it "disappointment" or "underwhelming career" instead. Bust is too much of a "black and white" term and doesn't leave much to subjectivity

Edit : regarding "time on his side", agree to disagree but read my post #16 again, it's pretty well explained as to why covid and injuries made it so that he doesn't have a lot of pro experience for a 23 y/o. So that is the reason why he has more "time on his side" than a 23 y/o normally would. But as I have said a million times before, he needs to figure out how to stay healthy first. You can't succeed in a physical action if your physique doesn't allow you to do it.

Of course it is "semantics" because debating a term such as "bust" is very superficial and subjective.

I am actually in agreement with you about Daigle as I personally do not consider him a prototypical player who "busted" but I definitely would not argue with someone who would suggest that he is simply because I, unlike you, definitely take draft position into consideration when debating whether or not a player is considered a bust or not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad