Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2020 #1

Who is the Sens #1 Prospect at the moment?

• Jacob Bernard-Docker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lassi Thomson

• Rudolfs Balcers

• Vitaly Abramov

• Shane Pinto

• Artyom Zub

• Mads Søgaard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think his physical edge is what makes him so unique. He is a big fella who can really move, I think he is gonna make alot of room for his linemates. He has a real edge to his game.

My type of player. Unless the player has high skills and low profile (small) . :)

Reactions: aragorn and bert

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I voted Norris. Very impressed by what he did last season and anticipate continued improvement.

Batherson was a close second.

Brannstrom’s size is a concern.

L. Brown is next as he is still intriguing and had some success, but he needs to improve his involvement and energy level.

I kinda forgot about Formenton. :)

I am looking forward to see how he has developed over the last year. I like his speed, aggressive, abrasive style and his size. I would like to add a big bruising winger on the 4th line (Reaves for example) to ride shotgun for our young guys and to address the chippy dirty players on other teams (eg, Marchand).

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Norris definitely showed me that his NHL game can be much more complete than Batherson's, but it is a very small sample size of course.

I voted Norris as I feel he would make a greater impact more quickly if given a NHL shot.

Long term however, it is still a toss up between the two, and someone like Formenton or Batherson who could end up better than both Norris and Batherson depending on how they evolve over time.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I kinda forgot about Formenton. :)

I am looking forward to see how he has developed over the last year. I like his speed, aggressive, abrasive style and his size. I would like to add a big bruising winger on the 4th line (Reaves for example) to ride shotgun for our young guys and to address the chippy dirty players on other teams (eg, Marchand).

Scott Sabourin. Not a bad tough guy to have

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Scott Sabourin. Not a bad tough guy to have
And plays RW.

My list comme d'habitude is slightly different than others.

Batherson
L. Brown
Norris
JBD
Pinto
Formenton
Thomson
Hogberg
Brannstrom
Daccord/Gustavsson/Mandolese

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Not surprised Batherson is winning, but I'm kind of surprised he's running away with it. Norris came into his AHL rookie season having not played any hockey in 9 months recovering from shoulder surgery and still put up better points than Drake in his rookie year and plays a more valuable position. No offence to Drake but I feel like Norris trains harder off the ice as well. Josh won like 5 events at his draft combine and has some ties to Gary Roberts. I've seen them both quite a bit last year and I'm a big fan of Drake as well, but I see Norris being the more valuable player for us down the road

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Not surprised Batherson is winning, but I'm kind of surprised he's running away with it. Norris came into his AHL rookie season having not played any hockey in 9 months recovering from shoulder surgery and still put up better points than Drake in his rookie year and plays a more valuable position. No offence to Drake but I feel like Norris trains harder off the ice as well. Josh won like 5 events at his draft combine and has some ties to Gary Roberts. I've seen them both quite a bit last year and I'm a big fan of Drake as well, but I see Norris being the more valuable player for us down the road

I can't argue with this & in fact kind of agree, but Batherson due to age is closer to making the Sens while Norris IMO is still really on a learning curve. The other guy I would argue for would be L. Brown that while so many including myself question his compete level he has the IQ, vision & playmaking ability to put up a lot of pts depending on who his line mates are.

If they put Tkachuk & Batherson with either L. Brown or Norris both centres are going to do very well. However, I imagine that Batherson & Tkachuk will rack up more pts with Brown as their playmaking centre while Norris could rack up more goals than Brown & be more goal scoring oriented than playmaker.

All four IMO are going to be good to great NHL players & when we add Formenton & Pinto to the mix Ottawa could then have two very good lines with top six potential. I'd be very tempted to put the shooter Pinto with L. Brown & Tkachuk & move Batherson who has some playmaking ability too, to play with Formenton & Norris to give that line a little more playmaking ability.

Reactions: Sweatred and Cosmix

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I want a bigger policeman type player who can skate and hit, and loves doing so, And is a physical threat when things go south, but under control at all times. Reaves is my preference over Sabourin.
I've always liked having a big heavyweight on the roster.

Unfortunately, we can barely afford to keep the lights on.. so there's no way we're paying a guy like Reaves 2.75m (he just re-signed for less, but he obviously likes playing there) to be a 4th line big boy.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
I voted Daccord simply because he's been awesome every single time I've seen him. If I'd witnessed even one stinker I might feel otherwise. I hope the Batherson backers are right but I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to be anything special.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I voted Daccord simply because he's been awesome every single time I've seen him. If I'd witnessed even one stinker I might feel otherwise. I hope the Batherson backers are right but I've seen nothing to suggest he's going to be anything special.
I like Daccord too, however if you want to see an example of Bathersons upside go re-watch the sens game vs Anaheim, Feb, 4th Ducks won in a shootout. He was the best player on the ice from puck drop to the final horn.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I like Daccord too, however if you want to see an example of Bathersons upside go re-watch the sens game vs Anaheim, Feb, 4th Ducks won in a shootout. He was the best player on the ice from puck drop to the final horn.

Im glad someone remembers that game. He was a beast all game. Flashed some remarkable skill too. He also had a great game vs Buffalo one time.

Batherszn reminds me so much of a slower Blake Wheeler.

Reactions: bert

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
Crazy that we’re gonna draft a new #1, #2, and possibly #5-6, and then add 4 second rounders to probably the deepest prospect pool we’ve ever had.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Crazy that we’re gonna draft a new #1, #2, and possibly #5-6, and then add 4 second rounders to probably the deepest prospect pool we’ve ever had.
depending on where we end up drafting, we might add 1,2,3. If the stars align, at 13th, we could have one of Quinn, Lundell, Mercer or Jarvis all of which I'd think long and hard about putting ahead of Batherson.

Reactions: Smeddy

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

With the NYI pick, we could even possibly get a new #3, particularly if we move up... Plus that 33rd OA pick could end up in the top-10

So basically, the list will look like this :

1- 3rd OA
2- 5th OA
3- Islanders 1st round pick?
4- Batherson
5- Norris
6- Brannstrom
7- Logan Brown
8- Bernard-Docker
9- Alex Formenton
10- Shane Pinto

lol Lassi Thomson 19th OA in 2019 (1 year ago) might not even be in the top-10

The top-11 to 20 will be made of these guys :

Lassi Thomson
Rudolfs Balcers
Vitaly Abramov
Artyom Zub
Joey Daccord
33rd OA pick in 2020
3 other 2nd round picks in 2020?
Filip Chlapik?

Most of these guys (21-30) won't even be in top-20 or top-25, that's very special :

Mads Søgaard
Angus Crookshank
Kevin Mandolese
Jonathan Gruden
Olle Alsing
Filip Gustavsson
Jonny Tychonick
Maxime Lajoie
Jonathan Davidsson
Maxence Guenette

Heck, our 21-30 is probably going to be better than some pools we had under Muckler

And they just graduated Wolanin, Jaros, Hogberg, Paul and Hawryluk, plus they already have several other young players on the roster (Chabot, Tkachuk, Duclair and White mainly). The sens are going to be filthy rich in young talent. If they can't do anything good with it (before the 3-5 years I have seen mentionned), then it would be massive failure. I mean, rebuilding by trading some major stars in their prime like Karlsson, Stone and EK, plus accumulating several high end picks on top of an already good prospect pool, if you don't succeed it means you can't draft at all, which would mean no hope for that team for a long time IMO as it's the only advantage they have on most other teams.

Reactions: Smeddy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
depending on where we end up drafting, we might add 1,2,3. If the stars align, at 13th, we could have one of Quinn, Lundell, Mercer or Jarvis all of which I'd think long and hard about putting ahead of Batherson.
I would put them all ahead but they'd have work to do to get there

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad