Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018 (#6)

Who is currently the Sens #6 prospect?

• Aaron Luchuk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gabriel Gagné

• Ben Harpur

• Marcus Högberg

• Angus Crookshank

• Johnny Gruden

• Markus Nurmi

• Nick Paul

• Andreas Englund

• Julius Bergman

• Total voters

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Honestly, the next 7 on the list are decent prospects. We still lack the top end elite prospects (not including Chabot), but we have quite a few good/decent ones. Draft and develop (more emphasis on develop please) Pierre, draft and develop. Down the road it will pay off.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
We should re-do this whole process if/when the EK trade goes down. Hopefully we'll have a few shiny new toys in the top 5.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Batherson, Chlapik, Formenton, Jaros, Wolanin, Gustavsson, Bernard-Docker and Tychonick are all respectable picks after 4 imo. Not much to separate them.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I have Chlapik, Formenton and Jaros all really close. All with good ceilings and all close to NHL ready. Voted Chalpik for that combination rather than the rawness of JBD or Tychonick. I also think Lajoie is being underrated. He's going to have a long NHL career, IMO.

Add Parker Kelly.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Does Formenton have a high ceiling? I see a speedy utility player thats far from guaranteed. A faster Micheal Frolik.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Those who don't have Chlapik ahead of Batherson let alone Formenton are puzzling me

They're all pretty similar, but one thing that they have on their resumes that he doesn't is "played for team Canada in the world juniors" which is probably what is separating them from him in these polls

Reactions: jehkob

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Got any reasons?
Recency bias has people too keen on Batherson imo. Chlapik put up better junior numbers at the same age. Batherson has grown a lot but he hasn't shown to be better than Chlapik was at the same age so I'm holding out. I think Batherson could end up the more impactful player but rigt now it's kind of a toss up for me.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Batherson and Formenton have higher floors, imo. Not a heck of a lot separating the three as far as I'm concerned though.
I do not think Formenton is near that level yet. If it wasn't for speed we wouldn't even be having this conversation at all imo but Formenton has yet to be a dominant offensive player and I'm holding out that his floor is higher than Chlapiks who has produced very well at every level so far. His speed has yet to make him a consistently dominant player in juniors so I'm not sure if that's going to be similarly moving forward.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Hope I'm wrong, and will happily admit it if so, but I just haven't seen it with Chlapik. I see a guy that's stuck to the perimeter. Like i said, hope I'm wrong

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Spending less time in the AHL is a result of the situation the sens are in now, not a reflection of ability imo.
I could see Formenton breaking in on the bottom 6 on many teams just because of his speed and hustle.. I agree Chlapik should be getting more love .. I said so at #5.
Gustavsson .. I have not really seen play enough to grade him up there with the others.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
I could see Formenton breaking in on the bottom 6 on many teams just because of his speed and hustle.. I agree Chlapik should be getting more love .. I said so at #5.
Gustavsson .. I have not really seen play enough to grade him up there with the others.
He could have broken into our bottom 6 last year to be fair too. That's why they gave him a game. I think his speed makes him a more NHL ready player because he's faster than a lot of nhl players already. But I don't think that makes him a better prospect because he's been stuck in good but not great territory in his ohl career for the most part.

I'm of the opinion we should be judging prospects by their results and obtainable/realistic expectations and I think it's fair to say Chlapik will be playing higher in our lineup than Formenton in 2-3 years time when they're both regulars; hence why I think he's a better prospect.

I'm glad you think Chlapik should be getting more love. Every time I watchdd him in belleville last year he was noticeable and in his brief time in Ottawa he made a lot if good plays given barely any opportunity so I don't know why moat here don't rate him as highly was what my original comment was meant

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad