Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018 (#6)

Who is currently the Sens #6 prospect?

• Aaron Luchuk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gabriel Gagné

• Ben Harpur

• Marcus Högberg

• Angus Crookshank

• Johnny Gruden

• Markus Nurmi

• Nick Paul

• Andreas Englund

• Julius Bergman

• Total voters

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Winner of the last poll : Drake Batherson!

HF Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018

1- Thomas Chabot (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-1st-read.2512983/)
2- Brady Tkachuk (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-2.2513477/#post-147885443)
3- Logan Brown (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hf-sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-3.2514601/)
4- Colin White (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...spects-ranking-2018-4.2515385/#post-148056203)
5- Drake Batherson (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hf-sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-5.2516247/)

NHL Prospect Criteria (HF) :

Hockey's Future - NHL Prospect Criteria

2017 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2017-29th-final-poll.2381591/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2016-senators-prospects-top-30-past-rankings.2128929/

Who should I add next?

Francis Perron (LW) Sénateurs de Belleville AHL
Kevin Mandolese (G) Cape Breton Screaming Eagles QMJHL
Jakov Novak (LW / C) Bentley Univ. NCAA
Luke Loheit (RW) Penticton Vees BCHL
Parker Kelly (C / RW) Raiders de Prince Albert WHL
Andrew Sturtz (RW) Belleville Senators AHL
Joel Daccord (G) Arizona State Univ. NCAA
Jordan Hollett (G) Medicine Hat Tigers WHL
Miles Gendron (D) Univ. du Connecticut NCAA
Filip Ahl (LW / RW) Tingsryds AIF Allsvenskan
Todd Burgess (C / RW) RPI (Institut Rensselaer Polytech) NCAA
Patrick Sieloff (D) Belleville Senators AHL
Jack Rodewald (RW) Belleville Senators AHL
Macoy Erkamps (D) Belleville Senators AHL
Kelly Summers (D) ??????
Mikael Wikstrand (D) Färjestad BK SHL

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is a hard one. Wolanin, Chlapik, and Formenton could all go here. Heck, after the prospects camp, Crookshank could be a dark horse to move up. Lajoie has been improving every year. Gustavsson is supposed to be a future #1 (although I haven't seen him at all). We know Harpur is NHL quality.

I'm going Wolanin, simply for the good games he had with the club at the end of the season. Kid would be a legit 2nd pairing guy.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
This is a hard one. Wolanin, Chlapik, and Formenton could all go here. Heck, after the prospects camp, Crookshank could be a dark horse to move up. Lajoie has been improving every year. Gustavsson is supposed to be a future #1 (although I haven't seen him at all). We know Harpur is NHL quality.

I'm going Wolanin, simply for the good games he had with the club at the end of the season. Kid would be a legit 2nd pairing guy.

No love for Jaros? I think people are going to be surprised. I'd put him as high as 4th or 5th right now.

Reactions: petesimo

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No love for Jaros? I think people are going to be surprised. I'd put him as high as 4th or 5th right now.

I haven't specifically watched him to form an opinion on the kid, so I left him out. We have so many kids now, including those two 2nd rounders from Tier II...hard to keep track of them all and get a read on them.

Reactions: Daffy

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I took Gustavsson just for upside.

After him that group of Bernard-Docker, Tychonick, Chlapik, Jaros, Wolanin, Gagne and Formenton are all super close and can really go in any order.

Agreed. I went with Wolanin over Gus because goalies are so damn unpredictable. Gustavsson could be in the top 3 prospects if he has a strong year this coming one.

I went Wolanin over JBD, Tychonick, and Jaros because of what he showed in the NHL. I think Wolanin is going to be a solid #3 who can lead a PP. ~40 point two way upside.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Agreed. I went with Wolanin over Gus because goalies are so damn unpredictable. Gustavsson could be in the top 3 prospects if he has a strong year this coming one.

I went Wolanin over JBD, Tychonick, and Jaros because of what he showed in the NHL. I think Wolanin is going to be a solid #3 who can lead a PP. ~40 point two way upside.
I liked what I've seen of Wolanin and from his highlight reel he seems to have a really good slap shot so I like his potential as a PP guy. I'm just hesitant to project him as a top 4 guy at this point. He's got work to do in his own end but he's promising. I don't think I'd put him ahead of JBD or Formentom though cause I think those guys are easy to project as solid NHL players with their attributes (size, skating). I know he's projected to make the team but I won't be upset if they send him to Belleville for awhile.

Reactions: derriko

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Such a tough vote. Do you vote for most NHL ready or highest ceiling? I voted for ceiling, and went JBD.

Kid looks like he has "it" and definitely has #1D All star potential.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Such a tough vote. Do you vote for most NHL ready or highest ceiling? I voted for ceiling, and went JBD.

Kid looks like he has "it" and definitely has #1D All star potential.
I think we used to vote based on readiness, potential and likelyhood of reaching said potential like the old HF rating (8.0C, 7.0B etc). Its the wild west now. I'm voting for who I think has the highest upside. If you're voting for readiness and stuff a gut like Harpur or Paul could be high on the list. Nothing against them, but they aren't great "prospects" any longer.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
I think we used to vote based on readiness, potential and likelyhood of reaching said potential like the old HF rating (8.0C, 7.0B etc). Its the wild west now. I'm voting for who I think has the highest upside. If you're voting for readiness and stuff a gut like Harpur or Paul could be high on the list. Nothing against them, but they aren't great "prospects" any longer.
I keep asking for people to rate on our prospects based on the '8.0C' style but no one will. Im really curious what people think.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

I'm more of a "if we can only keep 1 guy out of this group, who do you keep?" way of rating the kids. Whoever feels most valuable to the franchise gets the top rating.

Reactions: DrEasy and derriko

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad