Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018 (#10)

Who is currently the Sens #10 prospect?

• Aaron Luchuk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gabriel Gagné

• Maxime Lajoie

• Ben Harpur

• Johnny Gruden

• Nick Paul

• Andreas Englund

• Julius Bergman

• Parker Kelly

• Francis Perron

• Jakov Novak

• Todd Burgess

• Andrew Sturtz

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Winner of the last poll : Jacob Bernard-Docker!

HF Sens Board Prospects Ranking 2018

1- Thomas Chabot (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-1st-read.2512983/)
2- Brady Tkachuk (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2018-2.2513477/#post-147885443/)
3- Logan Brown (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hf-sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-3.2514601/)
4- Colin White (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...spects-ranking-2018-4.2515385/#post-148056203/)
5- Drake Batherson (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/hf-sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-5.2516247/)
6- Alex Formenton (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-6.2516641/)
7- Filip Gustavsson (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-7.2517813/)
8 - Filip Chlapik (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospects-ranking-2018-8.2518365/)
9 - Jacob Bernard-Docker (https://hfboards.mandatory.com/thre...ng-2018-9-tie-breaker.2520331/#post-148375551)

NHL Prospect Criteria (HF) :
Hockey's Future - NHL Prospect Criteria

2017 Senators Prospects Top 30 + Past Rankings

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/sens-board-prospect-rankings-2017-29th-final-poll.2381591/

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/2016-senators-prospects-top-30-past-rankings.2128929/

Who should I add next?

Luke Loheit (RW) Penticton Vees BCHL
Joel Daccord (G) Arizona State Univ. NCAA
Jordan Hollett (G) Medicine Hat Tigers WHL
Miles Gendron (D) Univ. du Connecticut NCAA
Filip Ahl (LW / RW) Tingsryds AIF Allsvenskan
Patrick Sieloff (D) Belleville Senators AHL
Jack Rodewald (RW) Belleville Senators AHL
Macoy Erkamps (D) Belleville Senators AHL
Mikael Wikstrand (D) Färjestad BK SHL

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Pretty close between Wolanin, Tychonick and Jaros. Went with Wolanin.

Chabot - Jaros
Tychonick - Docker
Wolanin - Harpur
Lajoie - Englund

Five or six guys with top 4 potential in that group and they all have a shot at playing in the NHL. Best D depth we've ever had in our prospect pool?

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Chabot - Jaros
Tychonick - Docker
Wolanin - Harpur
Lajoie - Englund

Five or six guys with top 4 potential in that group and they all have a shot at playing in the NHL. Best D depth we've ever had in our prospect pool?
At one point not so long ago we had all of Cowen, Rundblad and Wiercioch in our prospect pool. Cowen was a top 10 pick and Rundblad was considered one of the top 5 prospects in hockey. I'd say the current pool has more depth but the 2011ish pool had the higher tier prospects.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Chabot - Jaros
Tychonick - Docker
Wolanin - Harpur
Lajoie - Englund

Probably from a prospect perspective.
the 2001-2002 Senators having
Redden 24
Phillips 23
Chara 24
Rachunek 22
Hnidy 25
Salo 26

Was a pretty deep young D corps with Volchenkov in the wings

Reactions: Cosmix and jehkob

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
At one point not so long ago we had all of Cowen, Rundblad and Wiercioch in our prospect pool. Cowen was a top 10 pick and Rundblad was considered one of the top 5 prospects in hockey. I'd say the current pool has more depth but the 2011ish pool had the higher tier prospects.

Yeah I remember thinking back in 2011 that we were going to have arguably the best top 4 D in the league with:

Cowen - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Rundblad

Rundblad had just won the SHL Norris and put up almost a PPG - numbers unheard of in that league at the time.

Cowen was a top 10 shutdown D coming off of a great stint in Binghamton where he helped the team win a Calder Cup

Wiercioch was fresh off of two great NCAA seasons . Big 6'5 talented PMD.

1/4 ain't bad? :laugh:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

I was never high on Wiercioch but I thought Rundblad and Cowen would both be high-end DMen.

In 2010 our prospect pool would have looked like:

Cowen - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Rundblad
Borowiecki - Gryba
Sdao - Wideman

I'd say that's pretty comparable without the benefit of hindsight (although I doubt too many of us thought Karlsson would reach the levels that he has). Better at the top but worse at the bottom. I still stand by the "best depth" assertation but that was certainly a promise-filled group.

Probably from a prospect perspective.
the 2001-2002 Senators having
Redden 24
Phillips 23
Chara 24
Rachunek 22
Hnidy 25
Salo 26

Was a pretty deep young D corps with Volchenkov in the wings

That was a great group but many of those guys were established NHLers. Harpur is the oldest player in the current group and he just turned 23. Ceci is also only 24.

If we can keep Karlsson, we could have an amazing group in a few years.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was never high on Wiercioch but I thought Rundblad and Cowen would both be high-end DMen.

In 2010 our prospect pool would have looked like:

Cowen - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Rundblad
Borowiecki - Gryba
Sdao - Wideman

I'd say that's pretty comparable without the benefit of hindsight (although I doubt too many of us thought Karlsson would reach the levels that he has). Better at the top but worse at the bottom. I still stand by the "best depth" assertation but that was certainly a promise-filled group.

That was a great group but many of those guys were established NHLers. Harpur is the oldest player in the current group and he just turned 23. Ceci is also only 24.

If we can keep Karlsson, we could have an amazing group in a few years.
No I realize they were not prospects. Just a solid young D corps. The prospect pool looks good.. especially after adding Tychonick and Docker and Wolanin coming on board late last year.. they look a little more dynamic . I like Lajoie as well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Ottawa could use a few more RD in their org depth, this is how I see their potential based on what I saw at the DC.

LD ......................... RD
Chabot - Docker
Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie - Bergman
Harpur
Englund
Tychonik

Last edited:

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Ottawa could use a few more RD in their org depth, this is how I see their potential based on what I saw at the DC.

Chabot - Docker
Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie
Harpur
Englund
Tychonik

If we keep Karlsson and Ceci, we are fine on RD imo. If we lose Ceci, not the end of the world but a definite hit to our depth. If we lose Karlsson, we need to add a Chabot-level prospect on the right side.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
If we keep Karlsson and Ceci, we are fine on RD imo. If we lose Ceci, not the end of the world but a definite hit to our depth. If we lose Karlsson, we need to add a Chabot-level prospect on the right side.
They have for this yr anyway Wideman who was just signed to a 1 yr deal & there are a couple of guys who can play the right side, although they are left shots in Harpur & Boro too. I also added Bergman who I know very little about but he is another right shot.

toxic poster

Dec 24, 2017
Queen's
Seems like every team has comparable depth. There's nothing special about our d pool right now imho.
Honestly. I think we're overrating just about every dman we have in our pool as top4 potential dman. Don't think people realize how hard it is to become a legit top4 dman in this league and the minutes you'll have to play. Our pool has some guys that will turn out well if everything goes right but they're all about 3 years away atleast.

Jaros is the only one imo who had a shot at making the team but they've already clogged up rhd depth as long as Ceci is still here so he will be stuck being the first call up.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Voted Tychonick because I think he can be a real gamer and punch above where he was picked. Wolanin, from brief pro-showings, does seem to have potential to be a number 4 or 5 in the NHL for years to come. I just picked the younger guy who also has top-4 potential.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Voted for Wolanin as I liked his play in limited games at season end. Jaros is next on my voting list. JBD was going to be my selection after that, but the rest of you posters have ruined that! :)

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Yeah I remember thinking back in 2011 that we were going to have arguably the best top 4 D in the league with:

Cowen - Karlsson
Wiercioch - Rundblad

Rundblad had just won the SHL Norris and put up almost a PPG - numbers unheard of in that league at the time.

Cowen was a top 10 shutdown D coming off of a great stint in Binghamton where he helped the team win a Calder Cup

Wiercioch was fresh off of two great NCAA seasons . Big 6'5 talented PMD.

1/4 ain't bad? :laugh:
And Cowen and Wiercoch had pretty good rookie seasons too. Such a shame.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

Chabot - Docker
Wolanin - Jaros
Lajoie - Bergman
Harpur
Englund
Tychonik

Englund above Tychonik?

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Jaros next because he's close to ready, then Tychonick. In two years I'd love to see a mix with
Wolanin - Karlsson
Chabot - Jaros
Docker - Tykonick
Harpur - Lajoie

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Englund above Tychonik?

Well you can't ever accuse me of following the concensus favourites on here. The org was very high on Englund LD & because there are a bunch of new toys being hyped doesn't mean that Englund is out of the conversation just yet. However, he is a defensive defenceman & that of course is seen as a negative on here compared to PMD as everyone keeps mentioning is part of the new NHL.

From the little I saw of Tychonik LD at the DC I was unimpressed to say the least as he did nothing to warrant anything & looked overwhelmed at times but I also didn't watch him specifically throughout the entire camp so if he did impress someone I may not have seen it. I have Englund ahead simply because IMO he is more NHL ready both physically & in experience, both could be interesting trade assets as well since Ottawa has a good number of left shot D in their org at the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad