Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #5

Who is the Sens #5 Prospect at the moment?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Final Ranking 2020

1- Tim Stützle (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #1)
2- Jake Sanderson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #2)
3- Drake Batherson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #3)
4- Josh Norris (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #4)
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-

Prospects to be added :

Mads Søgaard
Max Lajoie
Filip Gustavsson
Kevin Mandolese
Jonathan Davidsson
Jonny Tychonick
Maxence Guénette
Parker Kelly
Olle Alsing
Mark Kastelic
Jean-Christophe Beaudin
Jakov Novak
Jonathan Aspirot
Leevi Merilainen
Eric Engstrand
Philippe Daoust
Cole Reinhardt
Michael Carcone
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

I have removed prospects who graduated (Jaros, Wolanin, Hogberg, Paul, Zub), were traded (Gruden) or not qualified (Hawryluk, Englund)

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA in priority among these players?

Try to do some research on the kids, particularly the new ones. People can post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon

Last edited:

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I get the feeling there are going to be a lot of shocked people when Brannstrom breaks out.

Reactions: robsenz

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I’ll take JBD ahead of brannstrom

I have limited exposure to JBD but I was sort of ambivalent with respect to his WJC performance.

He had the very difficult job of playing against a lot of the top competition, but he was burned on more than a few occasions and I found his skating and overall play to be a bit clunky.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Brannstrom here for me. He's younger than Josh Norris and the same age as Formenton. If we had drafted him out of the CHL he would have been a rookie in the AHL last year. Yet he has 30 or so games in the NHL and has two very good AHL seasons under his belt.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It should start to get a lot more closer after this poll, no?

Man the top-15 is going to be ridiculous.

Add Gustavsson

Shouldn't we wait at least 10 more rounds before doing that? I mean, Daccord, Sogaard and Mandolese will most likely be voted before him...

Did you plan to vote for him soon? In that case I'll add him but there's a ton of prospects that will and should be voted before him...

Brannstrom here for me. He's younger than Josh Norris and the same age as Formenton. If we had drafted him out of the CHL he would have been a rookie in the AHL last year. Yet he has 30 or so games in the NHL and has two very good AHL seasons under his belt.

Yes, an important point that is often overlooked. High pedigree european prospects often played in a men's league in their draft year or draft +1 year, which means they have already accumulated pro experience.

That's why when I read "yeah but can't go with only rookies", the fact that these guys have several pro seasons under their belt is overlooked.

Look at Dadonov, in his first full NHL season scored 65 pts in 71 GP. Sure he was older, but the point is he already a lot of pro experience. Like Zub this year, guy already has 6 pro seasons under his belt. Another example, Kubalik who came older but was good right away as he played many seasons in men's leagues.

Brannstrom is a 21 years old that already has 4 pro seasons under his belt...

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Things are going to get interesting after this one. It's going to be a close call between Formenton, JBD and L. Brown.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
It should start to get a lot more closer after this poll, no?

Man the top-15 is going to be ridiculous.

Shouldn't we wait at least 10 more rounds before doing that? I mean, Daccord, Sogaard and Mandolese will most likely be voted before him...

Did you plan to vote for him soon? In that case I'll add him but there's a ton of prospects that will and should be voted before him...

Yes, an important point that is often overlooked. High pedigree european prospects often played in a men's league in their draft year or draft +1 year, which means they have already accumulated pro experience.

That's why when I read "yeah but can't go with only rookies", the fact that these guys have several pro seasons under their belt is overlooked.

Look at Dadonov, in his first full NHL season scored 65 pts in 71 GP. Sure he was older, but the point is he already a lot of pro experience. Like Zub this year, guy already has 6 pro seasons under his belt. Another example, Kubalik who came older but was good right away as he played many seasons in men's leagues.

Brannstrom is a 21 years old that already has 4 pro seasons under his belt...
I'd personally take Gus over the other goalies right now. Kind of a toss up between him and Sogaard for me.

Also, I dunno if Zub really needs to be an option here. He's almost 26 and probably no one here has ever seen him play.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They are all the same age, unless you mean Norris was born in May and Brannstrom September.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
They are all the same age, unless you mean Norris was born in May and Brannstrom September.

That is what I meant. Same year I know but it was meant more as an eye opener because Brannstrom has been a top prospect playing pro for so long that it seems people often view him as older.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I feel alone in the JBD camp. I think hes at worst a bottom pair guy but appears to be a 2nd pair guy for me.

Yes Brannstrom has more upside but comes with a higher bust factor and do far I've felt very underwhelmed by him at the NHL level.

Reactions: DrEasy

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
I feel alone in the JBD camp. I think hes at worst a bottom pair guy but appears to be a 2nd pair guy for me.

Yes Brannstrom has more upside but comes with a higher bust factor and do far I've felt very underwhelmed by him at the NHL level.

Look at it this way, if you had to choose between Brannstrom or JBD right now and the other gets traded for a draft pick, who are you holding onto?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'd personally take Gus over the other goalies right now. Kind of a toss up between him and Sogaard for me.

Also, I dunno if Zub really needs to be an option here. He's almost 26 and probably no one here has ever seen him play.

Zub turned 25 y/o just 13 days ago so he isn't almost 26 but you're right, he's not going to be among options. He was eligible this summer but reach 25 y/o so as per the rules, he "graduated"

Good to see Gus still have believers, still very young for a goalie but not a lot of success in NA so far

I'll add him

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I cant get Rundblad out of my mind when i think Brannstrom even though I know they are different players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad