Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #11

Who is the Sens #11 Prospect at the moment?

• Tyler Kleven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filip Chlapik

• Mads Søgaard

• Angus Crookshank

• Filip Gustavsson

• Jonathan Davidsson

• Max Lajoie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sens Board Prospects Final Ranking 2020

1- Tim Stuetzle (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #1)
2- Jake Sanderson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #2)
3- Drake Batherson (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #3)
4- Josh Norris (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #4)
5- Erik Brannstrom (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #5)
6- Logan Brown (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #6)
7- Jacob Bernard-Docker (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #7)
8- Alex Formenton (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #8)
9- Shane Pinto (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #9)
10- Ridly Greig (Prospect Info: - Sens Board Prospects FINAL Ranking 2020 #10)
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-

Prospects to be added :

Jonny Tychonick
Maxence Guénette
Parker Kelly
Olle Alsing
Mark Kastelic
Jean-Christophe Beaudin
Jakov Novak
Jonathan Aspirot
Leevi Merilainen
Eric Engstrand
Philippe Daoust
Cole Reinhardt
Michael Carcone
Viktor Lodin
Luke Loheit

As we have been doing since 2004, we are going to use the HF criterias for prospect eligibility (less than 65 NHL games and under 25 y/o)

NHL Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future

I have removed prospects who graduated (Jaros, Wolanin, Hogberg, Paul, Zub), were traded (Gruden) or not qualified (Hawryluk, Englund)

Remember to vote based on all factors and not just NHL readiness. Overall skillset, hockey IQ, upside potential vs floor, age, stats, skating ability, array of shots, leadership qualities, size/strenght, etc

Personally, I always ask myself, who would I draft BPA in priority among these players?

Try to do some research on the kids, particularly the new ones. People can post links and videos about some of the prospects that should be voted soon

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Nice top 10. Need the best goalie prospect on the list shortly

My top 10 list has Daccord:

1. Stuetzle
2. Norris
3. Sanderson
4. Batherson
5. Brannstrom
6. L. Brown
7. Bernard-Docker
8. Pinto
9. Formenton
10. Daccord

It was a toss up between Grieg and Daccord but I wanted a goalie in the top 10 and Daccord is going to be a rock solid starter one day.

My 11-15 will be Grieg, Thomson, Jarventie, Sokolov, Abramov in no particular order yet.

Pretty crazy that Thomson, an 18th overall pick just last year is already sitting outside the top 10.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
My top 10 list has Daccord:

1. Stuetzle
2. Norris
3. Sanderson
4. Batherson
5. Brannstrom
6. L. Brown
7. Bernard-Docker
8. Pinto
9. Formenton
10. Daccord

It was a toss up between Grieg and Daccord but I wanted a goalie in the top 10 and Daccord is going to be a rock solid starter one day.

My 11-15 will be Grieg, Thomson, Jarventie, Sokolov, Abramov in no particular order yet.

Pretty crazy that Thomson, an 18th overall pick just last year is already sitting outside the top 10.

If Daccord is going to be a "rock solid starter", he needs to be higher than 10. There are less than 31 legitimate starting goalies in the NHL, and far more second liners and 3-4D men.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Jarventie, Abramov, then a bit of a drop off. Might be time for a goalie after Abramov is off the board.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Wow, point per game in the AHL Balcers pacing to be #15 prospect...very deep pool or is Rudolfs getting the Rodney Dangerfield treatment...or both?

Reactions: NB613

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wow, point per game in the AHL Balcers pacing to be #15 prospect...very deep pool or is Rudolfs getting the Rodney Dangerfield treatment...or both?

Both

Balcers started the season injured and couldn't claim a spot on the big team because of it. Many are overlookig him because of that. It would be the same story if Wolanin was still considered a prospect

But being a #14-15 Sens prospect is absolutely not a bad thing this year. We might not see that kind of pool ever again.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
If Daccord is going to be a "rock solid starter", he needs to be higher than 10. There are less than 31 legitimate starting goalies in the NHL, and far more second liners and 3-4D men.

Our prospect pool right now is not ordinary, and it is more a testament to how deep we are as opposed to Daccord being ranked too low.

By this time next year, I think he even drops out of my list because we have other guys that will surpass him.

jhutter

Dec 23, 2016
Our prospect pool right now is not ordinary, and it is more a testament to how deep we are as opposed to Daccord being ranked too low.

By this time next year, I think he even drops out of my list because we have other guys that will surpass him.

Where I'm coming from is that Pinto for example has a likely ceiling of a 2C. If Daccord is a surefire legitimate starting goalie, he's miles ahead of Pinto in terms of value as a prospect.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Balcers!

He was Belleville’s best forward last season with 36 pts in 33 games and was very promising the season before with almost a 0.5 ppg pace in the NHL.

Good skater, great IQ, great hands, good shot... he has everything including a willingness to go to the net. He’s basically MacArthur.

Reactions: Cosmix and NB613

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I think that's more of an indictment on the pick. An 18th overall pick shouldn't be this far down our prospect pool, not matter how good that pool is, or how shallow the draft might have been last year.

Reactions: Emerica

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think that's more of an indictment on the pick. An 18th overall pick shouldn't be this far down our prospect pool, not matter how good that pool is, or how shallow the draft might have been last year.
Thomson is looking very bad atm.

Looking like one of those picks you can look back in hindsight and say "yeah, that makes sense"

Reactions: NB613

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

You won't have to worry about that, Daccord turns 25 in August (and the season probably won't be over?)

Where I'm coming from is that Pinto for example has a likely ceiling of a 2C. If Daccord is a surefire legitimate starting goalie, he's miles ahead of Pinto in terms of value as a prospect.

Goalies really don't have the same value as Forwards and D-men, for several reasons, even for prospects. The scarcity of the positions to fill is one. Supply and demand. Look what 26 y/o Matt Murray, legit starter 2 times SC champ returned...

Look what Bishop returned when traded to LA... and we read a lot of complaints here how we got screwed by getting only Conacher and a 4th BEFORE he was proven as a starter. And look at the cost to acquire him as he was the best AHL goalie, a 2nd...

Lehner for a 1st round pick and Legwand cap dump is one of the best returns for a goalie than I can think of.

That's also why Askarov dropped to 11th OA, because on talent alone he's probably a top-5 pick.

In short, goalies are a whole different beast, I think one day they will be ranked separatly in prospect pools

At the same time, there's 7 more first round picks and 8 second round picks in the pool, as well as several guys who boomed since being drafted (Batherson, Daccord, Balcers, Abramov). It's not like it's easy to make the top-15th this year, competition is very heavy

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

I guess we value goalies differently. You mentioned earlier that there are only "31 starting goalies", which is not necessarily accurate. There are 31 positions yes, however how many teams can actually claim to have a clear-cut #1 goalie that is going to play 60+ games?

Me saying that Daccord would be a starting goalie in the future does not mean I think he will be a "star 10 million dollar goalie". I just base my rankings on who I think has the best chance to make an impact in the NHL, mixed in with a bit of that players pedigree and current "trade value".

Emerica

May 29, 2010
Thomson is looking very bad atm.

Looking like one of those picks you can look back in hindsight and say "yeah, that makes sense"
Yeah, not a good sign when the Finnish posters on the main board say he doesn't have the IQ to play in the Liiga.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I voted for Lassi cuz I really and truly want him to succeed. He needs to move to North America and under Mann's tutelage when North American pro leagues start. His development will be stunted at the current rate in Finland.

I picked RJ Boom Boom Jarventie along with Sokolov as potential steals, and right now RJ is trending upwards while Lassi rides the pine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad