Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings (9th - TIEBREAKER)

Who's #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'm probably the biggest fan of Balcers on this board. Pretty high on him. Great skater, really smart, lots of talent and isn't scared to get his nose dirty. Really liked what I saw in his 36 games here. If he gets a bit stronger he can be a legit 2nd liner sooner rather than later.

40 goals in 66 games during his first WHL season (19 yrs old but he came over from Norway). 23 goals in his rookie AHL season. Most importantly, he was at a 12 goal, 30+ pt pace during his NHL rookie year. That's good stuff and he should be even better this year with more opportunity.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm probably the biggest fan of Balcers on this board. Pretty high on him. Great skater, really smart, lots of talent and isn't scared to get his nose dirty. Really liked what I saw in his 36 games here. If he gets a bit stronger he can be a legit 2nd liner sooner rather than later.

40 goals in 66 games during his first WHL season (19 yrs old but he came over from Norway). 23 goals in his rookie AHL season. Most importantly, he was at a 12 goal, 30+ pt pace during his NHL rookie year. That's good stuff and he should be even better this year with more opportunity.
Not so sure Balcers will be given more opportunity. Since last year we added Ennis, Abramov, Davidsson, Brown, Norris, Veronneau and Duclair to the competition for roster spots. The forward ranks are pretty jammed up and I wouldn't be that surprised if Balcers gets less NHL opportunity. Ennis and Brown in particular will be a significant obstacle since Smith is likely to treat these guys like Boucher would Pyatt.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Not so sure Balcers will be given more opportunity. Since last year we added Ennis, Abramov, Davidsson, Brown, Norris, Veronneau and Duclair to the competition for roster spots. The forward ranks are pretty jammed up and I wouldn't be that surprised if Balcers gets less NHL opportunity. Ennis and Brown in particular will be a significant obstacle since Smith is likely to treat these guys like Boucher would Pyatt.

Yeah we definitely added some guys, but Balcers ia a LW and the only LWs on that list of yours are Ennis and Duclair, and both those guys can play RW too. Balcers produced at the end of last season and Duclair was on the team.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah we definitely added some guys, but Balcers ia a LW and the only LWs on that list of yours are Ennis and Duclair, and both those guys can play RW too. Balcers produced at the end of last season and Duclair was on the team.
Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Boedker-Anisimov-Ryan
Brown-Pageau-
Ennis-Tierney-

Those 10 make the roster just due to their contracts. So you got 2 open roster wing spots for Balcers to compete for. Batherson is the best player available and most likely to earn one. Then you have Formenton who made the team over Balcers last year. You got Paul who will have to clear waivers to go back to the AHL so he might get some preferential treatment. Davidsson almost made Columbus last year. Then there's Logan Brown who's a C but most of the Cs on the roster can swing to the wing as well. Chlapik isn't far off from Balcers etc.

I don't think Balcers will get much of an opportunity unless he's one of the best 4 or 5 forwards in camp or until we get a few big injuries.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Tkachuk-White-Duclair
Boedker-Anisimov-Ryan
Brown-Pageau-
Ennis-Tierney-

Those 10 make the roster just due to their contracts. So you got 2 open roster wing spots for Balcers to compete for. Batherson is the best player available and most likely to earn one. Then you have Formenton who made the team over Balcers last year. You got Paul who will have to clear waivers to go back to the AHL so he might get some preferential treatment. Davidsson almost made Columbus last year. Then there's Logan Brown who's a C but most of the Cs on the roster can swing to the wing as well. Chlapik isn't far off from Balcers etc.

I don't think Balcers will get much of an opportunity unless he's one of the best 4 or 5 forwards in camp or until we get a few big injuries.

You're assuming that Boedker is still here at training camp. Also Brown is a RW. Yeah, Paul may end up being the 13th forward.

You're right about Formenton though, it'll be between him and Balcers for one of the forward spots imo.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Going with Jaros, i think i said it in another thread but he could become a similar player to Methot only with better offensive skills

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad