Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019 (9th)

Who's #9?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019

1. Drake Batherson (C/RW) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 48.7%
2. Erik Brannstrom (D) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 83.5%
3. Logan Brown (C) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 63.5%
4. Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) - University of North Dakota (NCAA) 31.8%
5. Lassi Thomson (D) - Kelowna Rockets (WHL) 49.4%
6. Josh Norris (C) - University of Michigan (NCAA) 40.5%
7. Christian Wolanin (D) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 58.3%
8. Alex Formenton (LW) - London Knights (OHL) 51.4%

cropped_GettyImages-1059234856.jpg

Added Veronneau

Who Should I Add Next?

Olle Alsing - Djurgardens IF (SHL)
Jean-Christophe Beaudin - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Todd Burgess - RPI (NCAA)
Michael Carcone - Toronto Marlies (AHL)
Andreas Englund - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonathan Gruden - Miami University of Ohio (NCAA)
Maxence Guenette - Val-d'Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
Mark Kastelic - Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
Parker Kelly - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Morgan Klimchuk - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Viktor Lodin - Orebro HK (SHL)
Luke Loheit - Penticton Vees (BCHL)
Kevin Mandolese - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (QMJHL)
Jakov Novak - Bentley University (NCAA)
Markus Nurmi - TPS (Liiga)
Andrew Sturtz - Belleville Senators (AHL)

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I went Davidsson here. Realistically it could be a few... I like Hogberg's chances of being an NHL goalie, I like Daccord as well, I think Gus and Sogaard have more to prove consistency wise at a higher level. Chlapik could be a good selection here too.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Went with Jaros. Really like his combination of size and skating. Could be a Methot type with a bit more puck skills and offense to his game.

I also like Davidsson, Chlapick and the goalies here. Lajoie could also change some minds if he has a strong start to the year again.

Reactions: Deku

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It gets very hard after Wolanin, there's a small margin between many of these guys, and seriously you can't go wrong with a few choices. At this point, it's really "who do you have the most faith in for reaching his potential?"

It will get more clear once we start the season, I think guys like Crookshank and Sogaard are going to rise above others. Kastelic, Gruden and Tychonick could rise too.

After Wolanin, here are the next tiers IMO (in no order within the tiers) :

1. Formenton - Balcers - Sogaard - Gustvasson - Davidsson - Jaros

2. Lajoie - Abramov - Crookshank - Chlapik - Daccord - Pinto

3. Hogberg - Veronneau - Tychonick - Gruden - Alsing - Kastelic - Paul - Carcone

4. Mandolese - Klimchuk - Nurmi - Kelly

5. Guenette - Loheit - ...

We never had that many legit NHL prospects, well NHL teams typically don't have as many, because there's only 18 spots on a roster. Now hopefully, Dorion is able to trade 2-3 young assets (which is attractive) for a young star player that a team won't be able to afford (well, can we? lol)

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I'm starting to think we're underrating Abramov in here. I think he has a huge year with Belleville. Was a rookie in the A, didn't have a super impressive year but he's a very small player playing in the AHL at 20. With the way he consistently destroyed the Q (not just as an overager), he could have some top line potential. His skillset is impressive. It'll take some time, but I think he's a gem. Plus he looked very good at dev camp.

I wish he had a shot to play on Brown's wing this year.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Went with Jaros

Next will be Pinto or Davidsson… I think both are very likely to be top 9 fwds

I'm starting to think we're underrating Abramov in here. I think he has a huge year with Belleville. Was a rookie in the A, didn't have a super impressive year but he's a very small player playing in the AHL at 20. With the way he consistently destroyed the Q (not just as an overager), he could have some top line potential. His skillset is impressive. It'll take some time, but I think he's a gem. Plus he looked very good at dev camp.

I wish he had a shot to play on Brown's wing this year.

Abramov is a tough one for me, there are elements of his game that I love but I think he has more work to do than a lot of these guys if he wants to be an NHLer. I do think he has the skills, work ethic, and is very strong for his size. Will he develop the smarts? Will he be able to flash his skills in the NHL? I am not sure. I think there is some bust potential but he has a good chance of being a 2nd or 3rd line forward as well. I put him in the same category as Balcers, who tbh I am probably underrating in the context of this list.

I just think Davidsson and Pinto are a bit more sure things in terms of becoming valuable players, even if they don't have the same skill level/upside

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I suggest we do a tie breaker with Jaros and Balcers. I don't think sub 30% is representative enough.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Crookshank. Dude was one point off leading his team in scoring as an 18 year old playing vs 21&22 year olds. Also stood out at dev camp and scored a nice goal in the development camp game. Guy will tear up the NCAA next year as I'd imagine he'll be getting top line minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad