Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019 (7th)

Who's #7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019

1. Drake Batherson (C/RW) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 48.7%
2. Erik Brannstrom (D) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 83.5%
3. Logan Brown (C) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 63.5%
4. Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) - University of North Dakota (NCAA) 31.8%
5. Lassi Thomson (D) - Kelowna Rockets (WHL) 49.4%
6. Josh Norris (C) - University of Michigan (NCAA) 40.5%

20190117_ihm_norris.jpg

Added Paul

Who Should I Add Next?

Olle Alsing - Djurgardens IF (SHL)
Jean-Christophe Beaudin - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Todd Burgess - RPI (NCAA)
Michael Carcone - Toronto Marlies (AHL)
Andreas Englund - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonathan Gruden - Miami University of Ohio (NCAA)
Maxence Guenette - Val-d'Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
Mark Kastelic - Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
Parker Kelly - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Morgan Klimchuk - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Viktor Lodin - Orebro HK (SHL)
Luke Loheit - Penticton Vees (BCHL)
Kevin Mandolese - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (QMJHL)
Jakov Novak - Bentley University (NCAA)
Markus Nurmi - TPS (Liiga)
Andrew Sturtz - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonny Tychonick - University of North Dakota (NCAA)
Max Veronneau - Princeton University (NCAA)

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
I wonder when the goalies are going to come in? They're so hard to judge, especially against the skater positions, that I almost think they should have their own poll.

Voted wolanin again. I understood him losing out to jbd and Thompson. Not to sure how he lost to Norris. Oh well.

Next is formenton/davidsson for me. After that it's a big game of pick your favourite for about 10 picks, not including goalies who will probably start going after formenton or davidsson. Still a lot of guys with decent NHL potential left

Edit: oh yeah, add tychonick

Reactions: derriko

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Sogaard or Gustavsson I think are the sexier picks for best goalie prospect. Hogberg will be an nhl goalie, but I think at this point I don't seem him burning down cities when he arrives.

Reactions: derriko

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I dont know how Wolanin, who will be making an impact this year, has not been voted in yet. Yes, a couple years down the road I hope he is supplanted by the likes of Lassi and JBD and Brannstrom, but he's ahead if all 3 right now...

It's the classic argument we have in this thread every year... Is a bird in the hand worth more than two in the bush?

While Wolanin might be an NHL player now, will he be the best NHL player of those you listed? Do you vote for the now or the future?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
It's the classic argument we have in this thread every year... Is a bird in the hand worth more than two in the bush?

While Wolanin might be an NHL player now, will he be the best NHL player of those you listed? Do you vote for the now or the future?

I think when you're talking "prospect" poll, you're talking floor and ceiling. Wolanin will play a lot of NHL games this year, but the other 3 mentioned D have higher floors and ceilings imo.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Actually at 24 I think guys shouldn't be in these types of polls unless we are talking goalies

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I dont know how Wolanin, who will be making an impact this year, has not been voted in yet. Yes, a couple years down the road I hope he is supplanted by the likes of Lassi and JBD and Brannstrom, but he's ahead if all 3 right now...
With prospects people trust their imagination more than what they can see.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
At this point I've been out-voted fifty two to one so I could be totally out to lunch here but I voted for Max Lajoie. I just loved the way he played in his first twenty five or so games last year and considering that he's two and a half years younger than Wolanin I don't think it's too outrageous to project his ceiling as being higher.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
At this point I've been out-voted fifty two to one so I could be totally out to lunch here but I voted for Max Lajoie. I just loved the way he played in his first twenty five or so games last year and considering that he's two and a half years younger than Wolanin I don't think it's too outrageous to project his ceiling as being higher.

i'm really high on wolanin. i put his value so high i don't want to voice it because i'd likely end up being called out and looking silly. let's just say i think he's a beast and the way he played when chabot was out makes me giddy.

Reactions: OD99

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad