Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019 (6th)

Who's #6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Add paul. He was one of the best players on our AHL team and should have been on the original list. Getting tough now. Lots of good choices. Voted formenton, but norris and balcers are close. Only guys i dont like on this list are pinto and chlapik.

I'll second that, I think Paul should be added. He just always looked so neutered under Boucher when he got called up. I think he's found something playing under Mann, and might be a good fit with DJ Smith.

Having said that, I think his upside is pretty limited, Tychonick and Veronneau have significantly higher upside imo.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
Shiny new toy syndrome. People were scratching their heads when he was drafted a few weeks ago, now he's #4 top prospect because one play in development camp/draft position...lol

That, or maybe it was the actual opportunity to evaluate Thomson's ability, especially relative to our other prospects. Watching Thomson turned me on to his talent; I don't have the interest/dedication to watch the CHL extensively.

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
How it is going to play out in reality.
1. Thomson
2. Brannstrom
3, Norris
4. JBD
5. Wolanin
6. Brown
7. Davidsson
8. Balcers
9. Batherson
10. Chlapik
11. Gustavsson
12. Jaros
13. Veronneau
14. Abramov
15. Formenton

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
He's next in line for me. I struggled between him and Norris quite a bit this round.

Maybe it's me but I'm not understanding the Wolanin love
I see wolanins potential. This year we should find out everything we need to know about his capabilities

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Very similar to my ranking so far

1/2. Erik Brannstrom/Drake Batherson
3. Logan Brown
4. Jacob Bernard-Docker
5. Lassi Thomson
6. Josh Norris
7. Christian Wolanin
8. Alex Formenton

... although somebody else is going to leapfrog Formenton soon. Pinto? Sogaard? Balcers? Could even be Abramov or Crookshank because those guys could rise drastically depending on their upcoming season.

Top-15/20 is filthy. Add a very high end prospect or two in the next draft and we're set (asset wise). It doesn't solve the ownership and arena problems but the groundwork will be there.

Note : Wolanin at 7th is not bad at all, I mean it's high praise considering the quality of prospects around him.

Reactions: NB613

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
1. Thomson has the most potential and he is the most skilled d after Chabot in the system
2. Brannstrom - very close to Thomson in potential
3, Norris - a dark horse, who could be a number one center on this team this season, a powerful skater, good array of shots, good passer, better then white in every category. Will make a powerful duo with Tkachuk
4. JBD - a future top four d
5. Wolanin - a solid bottom d, could be top four.
6. Brown - a floater, who will have a hard time in NHL has skills to die for, but not work ethic. Will be a Senator.
7. Davidsson - many questions marks
8. Balcers - the same
9. Batherson - still did not make NHL as an overager. did not have a good junior career in a weaker league. huge question mark
10. Chlapik - looks like will not make NHL as a regular, a ticket to Europe
11. Gustavsson - a second string goalie at best
12. Jaros - will struggle to stay in NHL, probably will go to Europe very soon
13. Veronneau - nothing special at all
14. Abramov - could be a surprise, but doubtful, will go to KHL in 2 years
15. Formenton - will not even make NHL, absolutely no tools for NHL, if not for an outstanding skating ability

After my top 6, there is a huge drop in potential. How can people justify Batherson is beyond me, to be in top 6.

Last edited:

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
He's next in line for me. I struggled between him and Norris quite a bit this round.

Maybe it's me but I'm not understanding the Wolanin love

Because Wolanin has actually showed something, the prospects haven't done anything at the NHL level, or even AHL for that matter.. While the prospects might have a higher ceiling, I like what I can see right now personally.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
15. Formenton - will not even make NHL, absolutely no tools for NHL, if not for an outstanding skating ability
I don't know much about prospects, so I'll leave the rest of your rankings alone, but I can only disagree with this one, because:

- Formenton has already made the NHL, in fact he did two years ago.
- I'm sure he'll play for the Sens again, if only because of our budget constraints and lack of good forwards, and the fact that our front office loves him.

If by "making the NHL" you have a minimum threshold of games in mind, what is the threshold? I'm pretty sure he'll clear 200 games unless he has major injury issues.

All he needs is get a little bit stronger and more experienced so that combined with his speed he can cement himself on the Sens' third line. ETA 2020 IMO, if not sooner. And he's not even one of my favourite prospects.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Because Wolanin has actually showed something, the prospects haven't done anything at the NHL level, or even AHL for that matter.. While the prospects might have a higher ceiling, I like what I can see right now personally.

I guess the difference for me is I tend to vote with upside being a bigger factor than a players floor.

Reactions: Artanis

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->