Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019 (5th)

Who's #5?

• Vitaly Abramov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filip Chlapik

• Joey Daccord

• Marcus Hogberg

• Christian Jaros

• Maxime Lajoie

• Mads Sogaard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019

1. Drake Batherson (C/RW) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 48.7%
2. Erik Brannstrom (D) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 83.5%
3. Logan Brown (C) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 63.5%
4. Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) - University of North Dakota (NCAA) 31.8%

D5O_2076_008raw.jpg

Added Daccord

Who Should I Add Next?

Olle Alsing - Djurgardens IF (SHL)
Jean-Christophe Beaudin - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Todd Burgess - RPI (NCAA)
Michael Carcone - Toronto Marlies (AHL)
Angus Crookshank - University of New Hampshire (NCAA)
Andreas Englund - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonathan Gruden - Miami University of Ohio (NCAA)
Maxence Guenette - Val-d'Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
Mark Kastelic - Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
Parker Kelly - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Morgan Klimchuk - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Viktor Lodin - Orebro HK (SHL)
Luke Loheit - Penticton Vees (BCHL)
Kevin Mandolese - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (QMJHL)
Jakov Novak - Bentley University (NCAA)
Markus Nurmi - TPS (Liiga)
Nick Paul - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Andrew Sturtz - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonny Tychonick - University of North Dakota (NCAA)
Max Veronneau - Princeton University (NCAA)

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Norris and Lassi are both 19th overall picks, and Norris seems to have made steady progress since being drafted. It's Norris for me. But I admit I don't know enough about Lassi.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Big Formenton fan. Think he will score 20 goals a few times in his career while playing anywhere in the lineup with any role.

Still, the potential impact from Thomson / Wolanin > Formenton imo.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
thompson/wolanin. thompson was really a standout at dev camp. went with wolanin because, well i voted for him last poll. the three defensemen that are going to be picked in a row here are all really, really good prospects in my mind. the next group of davidsson/formenton/norris are all really solid players with second line upside that have a nice mix of skills. if they end up as a third line they'll be a damn good third line. after that group the waters get muddy (i used the be on the jaros hype train but he has to start showing more next season or else i'll start to have some doubts), but there are some interesting guys that have the potential to fill roles from point producers to effective grinders.

it's been a while since i considered the prospect pool as a whole and i have to say that we're doing better than i thought. we have very good young defensemen with a very deep forward group. we're missing the high end forwards that we'll hopefully be getting in the two drafts. get two top line forwards, one being a center and we'll be set. we have a large number of goalie prospects t hat have been successful at lower levels. i don't even try to evaluate goalies, but the sheer quantity and supposed quality makes me believe we'll get one starter out of them. we just need to get some support from up top and things could actually be looking up in a few seasons.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Went Thomson over Wolanin. Love Wolanin, but tiebreaker was RD vs LD which clearly seems to add value due to scarcity.

Add Tychonick.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Thompson, Wolanin, Norris, Formenton, Davidsson, Jaros, Pinto, Balcers - all guys I think have very solid top 4 or top 9 potential

Abramov is a bit more boom or bust, as are Crookshank and Tychonick, but they have solid potential too. Gruden and Veronneau both have a very good shot at being solid bottom 6ers. Lajoie should be a solid 3rd pair D. Chlapik has solid smarts and skill and shouldn't be counted out by any means.

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I suppose "upper-end potential" is what produces the most value in a prospect. I make this assumption because prospects such as Wolanin, Balcers and Jaros, ostensibly Lajoie as well, clearly have NHL-level talent, yet they have not been voted in yet. At what point does NHL assurance become more valuable than potential? This is probably a mix too of what is demonstrated at the NHL level, and how much more growth is expected.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
No comparison voting for Tierney as a prospect or voting for Wolanin. Tierney played 43 games in the NHL in 2014-15... He should have been disqualified from the voting all together. Wolanin despite being just a year younger is very much still a prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad