Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019 (4th)

Who's #4?

• Vitaly Abramov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Filip Chlapik

• Filip Gustavsson

• Marcus Hogberg

• Christian Jaros

• Shane Pinto

• Mads Sogaard

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019

1. Drake Batherson (C/RW) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 48.7%
2. Erik Brannstrom (D) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 83.5%
3. Logan Brown (C) - Belleville Senators (AHL) 63.5%

Logan-Brown.jpg

Added Chlapik

Who Should I Add Next?

Olle Alsing - Djurgardens IF (SHL)
Jean-Christophe Beaudin - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Todd Burgess - RPI (NCAA)
Michael Carcone - Toronto Marlies (AHL)
Angus Crookshank - University of New Hampshire (NCAA)
Joey Daccord - Arizona State University (NCAA)
Andreas Englund - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonathan Gruden - Miami University of Ohio (NCAA)
Maxence Guenette - Val-d'Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
Mark Kastelic - Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
Parker Kelly - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Morgan Klimchuk - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Viktor Lodin - Orebro HK (SHL)
Luke Loheit - Penticton Vees (BCHL)
Kevin Mandolese - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (QMJHL)
Jakov Novak - Bentley University (NCAA)
Markus Nurmi - TPS (Liiga)
Nick Paul - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Andrew Sturtz - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonny Tychonick - University of North Dakota (NCAA)
Max Veronneau - Princeton University (NCAA)

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Add paul. I know a lot of people haven't been paying attention, but he was a first liner in our ahl team and the team's best player for solid stretches. Last year was a big season for him.

Reactions: Artanis

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Voted Wolanin, I think (hope) he'll get 60+ gp in the NHL this year, he's got the best opportunity tp prove...

Add: Parker Kelly -- Re:back to back hardest worker in Dev camp
Agreed on Wolanin he has shown elite ability at the NHL level I have him 3rd personally.

Add Daccord, I find it funny Soggard is in before him.

Reactions: derriko

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Should be Wolanin. Pretty safe bet to be a good NHL D and I don't know if he has any less upside than JBD or Thomson.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Should be Wolanin. Pretty safe bet to be a good NHL D and I don't know if he has any less upside than JBD or Thomson.

It's an age thing for me honestly. I know development isn't linear, but both Thomson and JBD have more pedigree (being 1st round picks) coupled with the fact that they have done more at their respective ages than Wolanin did by the time he was 18/19. I mean, at that point Wolanin was putting up good but not great seasons in the USHL. Thomson just put up similar numbers in a vastly superior league while JBD made the jump to college hockey a year earlier.

I really hope Thomson/JBD will have shown more than Wolanin has by the time they are 24 given the future of the team is kind of banking on at least one of them being a legitimate top-four option by then.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I get a kick out of guys plugging Wolanin. He is 24 years old and has played 40 NHL games.

If any of

Thomson
Jbd
Norris
For menton

Has only 40 games they'll be considered busts

They all should have more upside than Wolanin

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I get a kick out of guys plugging Wolanin. He is 24 years old and has played 40 NHL games.

If any of

Thomson
Jbd
Norris
For menton

Did Wolanin retire or something?

FormentonTheFuture

Sep 29, 2017

If any of

Thomson
Jbd
Norris
For menton

I agree with some of them having more upside, but Wolanin was drafted as an overager and spent three years in college. Some late round picks take a while.

Reactions: derriko

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I agree with some of them having more upside, but Wolanin was drafted as an overager and spent three years in college. Some late round picks take a while.

I didn't vote for Wolanin, but I don't buy the age excuse either. Development isn't linear, and just like you said, later picks usually are project players.

He played really well at the NHL He's not going to be a top line guy, but who's team's 4th+ rated prospect is? If he tightens up his defensive game, and puts up 40 points, that will be a tough thing to match by JBD or Thomson. Not saying they can't or won't, but Wolanin is primed to do it next year. It's the classic safe bet vs upside debate.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I didn't vote for Wolanin, but I don't buy the age excuse either. Development isn't linear, and just like you said, later picks usually are project players.

He played really well at the NHL He's not going to be a top line guy, but who's team's 4th+ rated prospect is? If he tightens up his defensive game, and puts up 40 points, that will be a tough thing to match by JBD or Thomson. Not saying they can't or won't, but Wolanin is primed to do it next year. It's the classic safe bet vs upside debate.

If you think Wolanin is prime for 40 points next season I can understand voting for him in this poll. That seems like really high expectations for a player not even guaranteed to be on the opening night roster though. I'd counter and say that if things go perfect for CW next year he might hit 40 points, but that's a far cry from being "primed" to do it.

Reactions: Akrapovince

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad