Prospect Info: Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019 (1st)

Who's #1

• Vitaly Abramov

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rudolfs Balcers

• Jacob Bernard-Docker

• Filip Gustavsson

• Marcus Hogberg

• Christian Jaros

• Maxime Lajoie

• Shane Pinto

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
It's time for our annual prospect rankings. Vote for who you think is the best prospect in our pool.

HF Prospect Criteria - Hockey's Future - NHL Prospect Criteria

Graduates

Thomas Chabot
Brady Tkachuk
Colin White

Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2019

1. ???

Who Should I Add Next?

Olle Alsing - Djurgardens IF (SHL)
Jean-Christophe Beaudin - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Todd Burgess - RPI (NCAA)
Michael Carcone - Toronto Marlies (AHL)
Filip Chlapik - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Angus Crookshank - University of New Hampshire (NCAA)
Joey Daccord - Arizona State University (NCAA)
Jonathan Davidsson -Djurgardens IF (SHL)
Andreas Englund - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonathan Gruden - Miami University of Ohio (NCAA)
Maxence Guenette - Val-d'Or Foreurs (QMJHL)
Mark Kastelic - Calgary Hitmen (WHL)
Parker Kelly - Prince Albert Raiders (WHL)
Morgan Klimchuk - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Viktor Lodin - Orebro HK (SHL)
Luke Loheit - Penticton Vees (BCHL)
Kevin Mandolese - Cape Breton Screaming Eagles (QMJHL)
Jakov Novak - Bentley University (NCAA)
Markus Nurmi -TPS (Liiga)
Nick Paul - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Mads Sogaard - Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
Andrew Sturtz - Belleville Senators (AHL)
Jonny Tychonick - University of North Dakota (NCAA)
Max Veronneau - Princeton University (NCAA)

The poll will be open for 24-48 hours.

Last edited:

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
BTW, according to the rules we typically go by (under 25 years old; less than 65 games played), Jaros, Wolanin, Lajoie and Balcers still count as prospects, so that's why I'm including them.

Reactions: Xspyrit

Emerica

May 29, 2010
I remember getting flak for voting Batherson as our top prospect last year, don’t think I’ll be getting that this year.

Batherson for me.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Add Chlapik, Davidsson, Crookshank, Daccord, Sogaard. Then Alsing, Veronneau and Tychonick. After all of them, there's a separation with the next tier but between those 8 and the 15 you already have in the pool, that's 23 quality prospects. Damn

BTW, according to the rules we typically go by (under 25 years old; less than 65 games played), Jaros, Wolanin, Lajoie and Balcers still count as prospects, so that's why I'm including them.

Glad to see you're still keeping the old criterias, helps to keep the conversation consequent with the past pools

Like you said, Chabot, Tkachuk and White graduated last year (3 big prospects) but the pool remains quite good

Rodewald also graduated as he turned 25 y/o in February Harpur, Bergman, Luchuk and Gagné all disappeared as they got traded. A few others were not kept like Jordan Holett

Jaros will be the first to graduate this season, with 63 GP

Many others could graduate but nothing is set in stone

Paul 56 GP (however he will turn 25 y/o next March)
Wolanin 40 GP (however he will turn 25 y/o next March)
Hogberg 4 GP (but turns 25 y/o in November)
Lajoie 56 GP
Balcers 36 GP
Chlapik 25 GP
Batherson 20 GP
Veronneau 12 GP
Formenton 10 GP
Englund 9 GP
Brown 6 GP
Brannstrom 2 GP
Abramov 1 GP
Daccord 1 GP

Several will graduate but most likely not all of them. Will be interesting to keep track, very hard to say at this point

Englund most likely won't; might get a few games but can't see him stick to the NHL, he hasn't progressed enough since being drafted

Last edited:
Reactions: derriko

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
I'll need to see more of Brannstrom before I put him ahead of Batherson. Drake has everything he needs to become a top line winger....size, speed, skill, not to mention the supporting cast around him. Dad played minor pro, uncle played in the NHL, trains with Crosby, Mckinnon and Marchand in the offseason etc. His progression has also been linear. Dominated Jrs after being drafted, led Team Canada at the World Jrs in goals scored, went over PPG in the AHL in his rookie season, list goes on. If Brannstrom ends up being more valuable than Batherson...good lord

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'll need to see more of Brannstrom before I put him ahead of Batherson. Drake has everything he needs to become a top line winger....size, speed, skill, not to mention the supporting cast around him. Dad played minor pro, uncle played in the NHL, trains with Crosby, Mckinnon and Marchand in the offseason etc. His progression has also been linear. Dominated Jrs after being drafted, led Team Canada at the World Jrs in goals scored, went over PPG in the AHL in his rookie season, list goes on. If Brannstrom ends up being more valuable than Batherson...good lord
^Like

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It is Branstrom then Batherson for me.

bown next then JBD and Thomson. Thomson really impressed at rookie camp.

Once the main camp starts we will see where some of these guys really stand. JBD and Thomson seem really close for now.

Reactions: derriko

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
For a team that finished last and second last the past 2 seasons that sure is an underwhelming group. This is Batherson then a whole lot of average after him. I truly dont see a single first line forward, top pair d man or a legit stud goalie prospect.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
For a team that finished last and second last the past 2 seasons that sure is an underwhelming group. This is Batherson then a whole lot of average after him. I truly dont see a single first line forward, top pair d man or a legit stud goalie prospect.
Considering we lost one 4th overall and have another in the NHL, it's not that bad. Could be much worse. Imagine if we didn't already have Chabot, White, Brown, Batherson, Formenton and Wolanin already before the big crash in November 2017. Those are some of the bigger rebuilding pieces (and adding them to a core of EK, Stone and Duchene would have made this team pretty good) but I guess adding Tkachuk, Gustavsson, JBD, Tychonick, Norris, Balcers, Thomson, Abramov, Davidsson, Pinto, Crookshank, Sogaard, hell even Duclair to that group doesn't hurt either. We just know where the motivation for the rebuild really came from.

I really think we're gonna add some top end forward talent next year in the draft so hopefully this list improves a bit. But yeah that Duchene trade definitely hurt, especially considering Turris+Bowers should have been enough to make the deal go through. That 1st was unnecessary and it really bit Dorion in the ass. If I were a GM, I'd never trade a 1st round pick before February of that year. Better idea of what the asset is worth. Betting on yourself by trading your 1st is stupid, it's not easy to win in pro sports.

Anyways I'm with Micklebot and DrEasy, Batherson and Brannstrom are in a tier of their own, followed by Brown alone in a 2nd tier, and JBD, Thomson and Norris in a 3rd group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->