Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2014 (11th)

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Curtis Lazar C 6'0" 203
RTEmagicC_CAN-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL) 58.33%
2. Cody Ceci D 6'3" 209
(Ottawa Senators, NHL) 87.34%
3. Mark Stone RW 6'2" 205
(Binghamton Senators, AHL/Ottawa Senators, NHL) 83.33%
4. Matt Puempel LW 6'1" 205
(Binghamton Senators, AHL) 57.30%
5. Jean-Gabriel Pageau C 5'9" 175
(Binghamton Senators, AHL) 61.00%
6. Fredrik Claesson D 6'0" 209
RTEmagicC_SWE-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Binghamton Senators, AHL)55.56%
7. Shane Prince C 5'11" 190
RTEmagicC_USA-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Binghamton Senators, AHL)40.43%
8. Andreas Englund D 6'3" 190
(Djurgarden J20, SEL/Djurgarden, Allsvenskan)27.27%
9. Mikael Wikstrand D 6'1" 185
(Frolunda, SHL)33.01%
10. Ryan Dzingel C 6'0" 188
RTEmagicC_USA-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Ohio State University, NCAA)32.50%

Senators Prospects Top 40 (2013) + Past Rankings:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1494213&highlight=

Prospect Criteria:

A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Tell me who to add next.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Guptill's ceiling is highest.

Picking skill over anything else at this point, though YMMV. I can see a case being made for 5-6 other guys at this point. Dunn, Driedger, Paul, even a guy like Harpur, Lindberg, Hogberg... it's all subjective at this point.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
schneider i feel its time to choose the older guys like him and wideman. I doubt more then half the forwards left ever score 20 goals in the ahl

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Cole Schneider

Gets my vote this time..........

I think he is overlooked on this blog due to the fact he was not a draft pick, but signed out of college as a free agent............

I hope he can get a few games up next season.....

Suggestion add Sdao.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Why is Wideman getting no love on these boards?

I'll vote for his after schneider gets in but he seems like your typical small offensive defensemen. Not very good defensively and like i said hes small. Interesting that he put up some penalty minutes though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Why is Wideman getting no love on these boards?

Probably because he's going to be 25 years old this year.

If he was putting up the numbers he did this past season as a 20-21 year old, he'd be way up on the polls... but it's very possible that WYSIWYG with him going forward from this point on. There's not much left in Wideman that you haven't already seen, and what we've seen might not be an every-day NHL defenceman.

Not saying he can't make it, but if he hasn't made it by 25, the odds are definitely not in his favor.

We Want the Cup 2010

Jun 16, 2009
To me, Dunn seems to have the best chance at having an NHL career. Pests/agitators that can play, like Marchand, are replacing the "fighters" around the league.

Dreidger has to have a big year for me to get excited about him. Was he even invited to Team Canada summer camp? Comparing his development to Lehner a few years back in junior also makes me nervous about his potential.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
To me, Dunn seems to have the best chance at having an NHL career. Pests/agitators that can play, like Marchand, are replacing the "fighters" around the league.

Dreidger has to have a big year for me to get excited about him. Was he even invited to Team Canada summer camp? Comparing his development to Lehner a few years back in junior also makes me nervous about his potential.

He's too old for the World Juniors, so no.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Cole Schneider

Gets my vote this time..........

I think he is overlooked on this blog due to the fact he was not a draft pick, but signed out of college as a free agent............

I hope he can get a few games up next season.....

Suggestion add Sdao.

I voted for Schneider too, before I saw your post, in fact. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad