Sens Board Prospect Rankings 2014 (10th)

Lehner

Jul 2, 2009
Ottawa
Sens Prospect Rankings:

1. Curtis Lazar C 6'0" 203
RTEmagicC_CAN-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL) 58.33%
2. Cody Ceci D 6'3" 209
(Ottawa Senators, NHL) 87.34%
3. Mark Stone RW 6'2" 205
(Binghamton Senators, AHL/Ottawa Senators, NHL) 83.33%
4. Matt Puempel LW 6'1" 205
(Binghamton Senators, AHL) 57.30%
5. Jean-Gabriel Pageau C 5'9" 175
(Binghamton Senators, AHL) 61.00%
6. Fredrik Claesson D 6'0" 209
RTEmagicC_SWE-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Binghamton Senators, AHL)55.56%
7. Shane Prince C 5'11" 190
RTEmagicC_USA-flag_09.jpg.jpg
(Binghamton Senators, AHL)40.43%
8. Andreas Englund D 6'3" 190
(Djurgarden J20, SEL/Djurgarden, Allsvenskan)27.27%
9. Mikael Wikstrand D 6'1" 185
(Frolunda, SHL)33.01%

Senators Prospects Top 40 (2013) + Past Rankings:
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1494213&highlight=

Prospect Criteria:

A player will be considered a prospect until he meets the following criteria:

If a prospect is a skater (forward, defenseman) and has played in 65 NHL games or more before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday; or, if a goaltender has played in 45 NHL games before the completion of the season of his 24th birthday, that player will be considered graduated to the NHL. Conversely, if a player completes the season of his 24th birthday without passing those milestones, then that player will no longer be considered a prospect by Hockey’s Future, regardless of the player’s status with his NHL club.

An NCAA player who signs his first contract at or above the age of 22 has three years to meet the above criteria (65/45), while those NCAA players that turn pro under the age of 22 will be subjected to
the criteria above.

European players who sign their first NHL contract at or above the age of 22 have three seasons from the time they sign that contract to meet the above criteria. Those European players below the age of 22 that have signed a NHL contract will be subjected to the criteria in section one.

Tell me who to add next.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
We still have great depth in our system. Guptill, Dzingle, the goalies, Schneider, Paul. We may lack the top end prospects byt our depth of good prospects is tremendous.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Ryan Dzingel

Will try him again as he got my vote again......

I like this prospect from the "Ohio State University"...

Hope he develops in Binghamton with pro coaching and playing next season here..................

Suggestion add Sdao next round........................

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
In 6 months Guptill may look like the smarter choice, but it's hard to go off a few scouting reports and Murray's mild praise. Dzingel continues to impress, so he's my pick here.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
He wasn't even invited to the development camp

Boyle played in a Tier 3 junior league this past season after being nothing but a spare part/ healthy scratch on a lower-tier NCAA team.

Dude is probably closer to "bust"-status than any of our other recently-drafted prospects. At this point, he should be happy if he can catch on with another NCAA team. Get your education, Tim.

Sensored

May 20, 2004
Ottawa
From my count (which could be off), we're missing the following people from the poll:

- Culek
- Kramer
- Rutkowski
- Brassard
- Eiserman
- Summers
- Perron
- Leblanc
- Boyle

Out of that group, I'd say add Rutkowski.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I've got a hunch about Dunn. No idea why (because he is such a little guy for the role he plays), but....there's something there.

And, a little OT, but what's with the big fall from grace with Tim Boyle? From what I gather, the Boyle family is rock-solid, and he has an older brother in the show to look up to....what's the deal?

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
From my count (which could be off), we're missing the following people from the poll:

- Culek
- Kramer
- Rutkowski
- Brassard
- Eiserman
- Summers
- Perron
- Leblanc
- Boyle

Out of that group, I'd say add Rutkowski.

Unless I'm forgetting a different Brassard, François Brassard wasn't offered a contract and isn't part of the organization any more.
(http://www.lapresse.ca/le-droit/spo...-francois-brassard-ne-baisse-pas-les-bras.php — sorry for the French link.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad