Half-Assed GDT: Sens @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
That’s the nature of the internet. Instant posting. Little time for reflection.

Trade Perron. No show tonight.
Not to comment on the Tarasenko talk specifically, but just because the nature of the internet is to type what's on your mind at the moment doesn't mean that what's on your mind at the moment should be a knee-jerk reaction.

Reactions: Thallis and Bendak

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
So, if he "only" hangs in the 30-35 range for the next 8 or so years that's not good enough? Really?
30 is nice. Real nice. It’s not a franchise player. I certainly won’t be upset if he averages 30 over next several years, but realize also that isn’t guaranteed as he enters backside of his career.

Reactions: Bendak

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
30 is nice. Real nice. It’s not a franchise player. I certainly won’t be upset if he averages 30 over next several years, but realize also that isn’t guaranteed as he enters backside of his career.
I understand Ovechkin is a different beast, but people were ready to see him traded a few seasons ago.

If Tarasenko was traded last month, every Blues fan would be foaming at the mouth now that it looks like he's back

Reactions: Thallis and Bendak

Ted Hoffman

The other Rick Zombo
Dec 15, 2002
Holding onto players based on what they used to be is opposite of how you win Cup.
Dumping guys who are still top-30 goal scorers because "they're not performing at the level I think they should be at" is also "opposite of how you win Cup."

By that logic, nothing that any player does is guaranteed. It's not guaranteed that ROR goes at a PPG pace the rest of this season, or at all next season, or in any season thereafter. It's not guaranteed Sundqvist goes on 17-goal pace in future years. It's also not guaranteed that Schwartz will forever be on 7-goal pace. If you're looking for guarantees, keep searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->