Half-Assed GDT: Sens @ Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebluenote

Sep 7, 2009
He is very close to having to pass through waivers. I believe 14 more games or a few more months and he'd have to go through waivers unless it was a rehab stint, which at this point, the NHLPA would protest that since he's already played. I believe the rules are at 18 years old when you sign your first contract, you have 160 games or 5 years whichever comes first. He's close on both.

[Edit] Found it NHL salary cap - Wikipedia

So since he's in his 4th year (signed in 2014-2015), and has only played 145 games, he's exempt... damn that is cutting it pretty close. I guess if they're going to make the call it's now or never.

Reactions: Bendak

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I wish they would send Fabbri down for a couple weeks to get some top-line minutes at the AHL level... Actually, leave him there for the rest of the season if need be. It's not as though he's contributing anything to our NHL roster, and I don't think we're going to do him any favours scratching him/playing him 9:00 per game.

Fabbri wouldn't clear waivers. He has enough potential someone would take the gamble he gets back to form. You could potentially send him down for another conditioning stint, but that is 2 weeks max and Fabbri would have to agree.

Edit: Cap Friendly says he is not exempt. Only MacEachern, Kyrou, Blais and Thomas are on our roster.

Last edited:

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
:naughty::naughty:
Well we can guarantee Maroon will somehow be ahead of the play and offsides by several feet at least once tonight.

Boat Anchor will miss two open nets, five checks, and due to his pathetic knee bend (or lack of) he will fall to the ice seven times. But, hey he's a home town boy and we should all give him a free pass. I know Panger will :naughty:

Ottawa is already complaining about B2B games. Plus they are on a two game winning streak. After tonight it will be three. Blues 3 Senators 5 after a third period let down.

JR1

Dec 22, 2016
So maybe Steen is back and Patty Slowpants to the top line ? And I dropped it all on the Blues to win. Tsk tsk. This lineup sounds like a recipe for a disastrous thumping by another cellar dweller.
GO BLUES !!!!!!!!!

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
This one doesn't fill me with hope. I'm going to watch the UFC fight tonight and watch the replay of this tomorrow. Let's go Blues!!! Always cheering for them, but I can't bring myself to skip a free UFC superfight to see Maroon on the top line, Gunnarsson over Eddy and Fabbri on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad