Post-Game Talk: SENS blow into the Windy City, Mon 8:30 pm

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Wieroch, wideman and prince we're never rated highly by GAR or any other advanced stats.

Never rated highly by advanced stats? Are you actually joking right now? The "advanced stats are gospel" crowd around here FOR YEARS were whining that Wiercioch and Wideman deserved to be playing 20mins/night based solely on corsi/fenwick and other advanced stats.

Also: GAR is hardly a reliable stat. Again, you need to use these stats in combination with some common sense.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
i don't recall saying that stats we're the be all end all.
Right, but what you did ask was why Wiercioch wasn't in the NHL or with Ottawa anymore if his numbers were so good. That's why. Because numbers are only a part of the equation, not the whole picture. It's the same reason why it's hard to take your assessment of Demelo as a 2D seriously.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Right, but what you did ask was why Wiercioch wasn't in the NHL or with Ottawa anymore if his numbers were so good. That's why. Because numbers are only a part of the equation, not the whole picture. It's the same reason why it's hard to take your assessment of Demelo as a 2D seriously.
Weircoch was never among war/gar leaders in the NHL for any period of time. i already know why Weircoch is no longer in the NHL with any team, let alone Ottawa.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Karlsson is better than Chabot and we were not always a playoff team even with Karlsson. The problem with the team is no depth not our current 1/2 defenceman.

We have some very good players, but we're obviously working on turning the roster over from all the bad ones.

It was a joke about how poor of a player Ceci is, not really sure about the relevance of your statement of Chabot vs Karlsson if you switched them right now this team would not be a playoff team but that wasnt the point of my comment.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
It was a joke about how poor of a player Ceci is, not really sure about the relevance of your statement of Chabot vs Karlsson if you switched them right now this team would not be a playoff team but that wasnt the point of my comment.
If you switched them Demelo would still rate better than Ceci.

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Anything to back up your statement, or are you just throwing **** at the wall and hoping it sticks?
War numbers we're out there a long time ago and their is numerous articles out there explaining these things already but you expect it from me instead. Go read hockey-graphs.com and everything explained by Evolving-Wild, Manny hockey and others. It's all there.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Oh yeah?

Alright. Tell me what the statistical linkages are that can reliably predict GAR as an indicator of skill and ability? What are the margins of error? What is the likelihood that the correlation is due to causation? What is the degree of certainty that the measure is reflected of the sample, or is the sample reflective of the measure?

Sell me on GAR as being a predictive metric, rather than a reflective metric.

Reactions: BondraTime

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad