News Article: Sens Badmouthing Coaching - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I'm pretty disappointed with Duchene in the vid. Chabot and Tierney didn't appear to say anything too inflammatory. Wideman is the obvious instigator here.

Chris Wideman is corrupting the impressionable young minds on our team!

Surely once we get rid of this bad apple we'll see the #SensRising.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
White? - Formenton - Demelo
Duchene - Chabot - Tierney
Wideman - Driver

I think its White but he didn't say a word

7WMhfk.jpg

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
how does this keep happening to the senators? has any other team in the NHL had ANY bad press released about them within the past year? i feel like its been an all-sens gongshow for the longest time now.

Reactions: Deku

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Coaching is a problem. (Some) players are a problem. Ownership is a problem. The GM is a problem. The whole organization is one walking disaster.

The owner and GM are the ones who put the team together, along with the coaches. Players are doing their best but they have almost nothing to work with.

You go cheap on every level, this is the result.

Sens Mile

Sep 1, 2008
On the bright side, its nice having something bad in Ottawa that has nothing to do with Melnyk

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
This coaching staff has lost the room. Please hire a real coach this time.
It’s hard for the players to buy into a system that doesn’t work and isn’t being fixed.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I agree with all of this. Doesn't mean there won't be any awkwardness.

Definitely. Its not everyday, that you hear your staff ridiculing you in the most direct, and personal manner. Most bosses never get to experience this. Kind of like Las Vegas, what is said within employee circles typically stay there.

This can be turned into a positive, or you can get the alternative. Butt hurt bosses, who then bully the players responsible for the comments.

I've been in those shoes before. Made a comment while upset about an extra shift given to me by a boss to a co-worker. I was always the go to guy, because everyone else pretended they couldn't see the boss, when volunteers would be summoned.

My co-worker, ran to the boss to tell them. I was called into their office.

The boss asked me if I was available to work (yet another) Sunday. I explained to them I had already made family plans, and had worked 5-6 in a row and nobody else was picked.

I apologized for the comments making their way to them, and the boss simply laughed it off. Stated that employee liked stirring the pot.

They realized they should have better communicated with me, and should have spread the brunt of the overtime shifts across staff, vs put all on my shoulders.

This to me, is what a leader does. They saw the criticism. Did something about it that benefited the team, without punishing the source of that information.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Not sure what that has to do with anything I was talking about?

You said coaching isn't a problem, which tells me you don't understand hockey.

I'd wager I understand quite a bit actually

How many years and times has it been the coaches fault in Ottawa? It always seems to be the reason. I said it from the beginning and I will say it again, as long as the mentality in the room is that loosing is funny and the players run the team things will never get better and Duchene is poison for a locker-room

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
The owner and GM are the ones who put the team together, along with the coaches. Players are doing their best but they have almost nothing to work with.

You go cheap on every level, this is the result.

Some players are doing their best. Some have been playing like crap this year.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
What's your take?

Chabot just joked he wasn't paying attention to the PK coach because he never ever PKs. Tierney was the guy doing the stats checking. What did they say?

Lol I honestly don't even know if I should respond because your takes are so bad. They're all obviously in agreement about the coaching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad