News Article: Sens Badmouthing Coaching - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Embedded operatives within Uber whose mandate is to take down the sens org? Seems a bit like a bad movie pĺot.

lol, no. Just random uber drivers suddenly realizing their old tapes/video might be worth a few bucks and being opportunists.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Seen it or not, assuming it's the same 7 guys in the Uber, they should have already discussed what was said or done.

If the players didn't think that the team had seen "part 1", they might have... omitted those details from their version of what happened.

Obviously not saying that's what happened. Just thinking about possible scenarios.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
this would explain the sens putting this in the news for the third straight day by going to the citizen to take it down.

I think part 1 is definitely ripping on Boucher... because when "Part 2" kicks off wideman is ripping on our trap and so is Duchene.. and its right in the middle of the convo it seems like.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I only saw this part today:

The Uber driver was reportedly angered over a lack of a tip, according to Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman. He began shopping the video to various reporters via Twitter, writing that the players — Matt Duchene, Thomas Chabot, Alex Formenton, Dylan DeMelo, Colin White, Chris Tierney and Chris Wideman — were “cheap entitled kids.”

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Did the Ottawa Citizen pay the Uber driver for the video? If true, that should be part of this story.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Not sure if they paid the driver I doubt it but they probably got the link or were sent it.
Since it had already gone live.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
You shouldn't be forced to face the media, for something inoffensive that was leaked in a private setting without your consent. Nothing out of the norm was said, during that conversation.
Employees in his organization embarrassed the organization, regardless of the manner in which it was made public. It is common for a leader in that situation to make a statement.
Not even a cuss word.
Chabot says the "f" word, that isn't a cuss word?

Facing the music, is simply satisfying the media. Putting out a statement, and then going out and winning in an emphatic manner, is sending a message that this was put behind the team.
They didn't put out a statement, you keep contradicting yourself.

It's interesting that you disappeared for weeks again Egg, and only started posting after people started calling out Dorion for hiding in a closet again. Why don't you start posting as a regular member instead of just logging in to defend management? Is this another one of your accounts Pierre?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I wonder if the team has seen "part 1" yet. They had access to "part 2" almost immediately, well before Postmedia picked it up.

I guarantee it was brought up by the players involved even if it hasn’t been seen by the team.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
this would explain the sens putting this in the news for the third straight day by going to the citizen to take it down.

I think part 1 is definitely ripping on Boucher... because when "Part 2" kicks off wideman is ripping on our trap and so is Duchene.. and its right in the middle of the convo it seems like.
Was it a $100 Uber ride? I would think the cost of the ride would determine the tip and the distance. Uber’s platform was made so you don't have to tip.a lot of people upset when they added that option.

Last edited:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
I remember when uber came out not having to tip was part of it's draw.

I guess it's more of an expected aspect now.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I wouldn't "guarantee" anything in cases like these unless I was in the room and witnessed it myself.

Realistically though if your one of the players in the Uber and you see that there is only pt 2 out but you know there is more to it wouldn’t you just say everything that happened when talking about pt 2 with management? It’s obvious if pt2 is out that pt 1 is somewhere just ready to come out anyways so it would be smarter to deal with it before rather than again. Even if the players didn’t bring it up wouldn’t the team be asking if anything else was said before what was released? I just think they would’ve wanted it all cleaned up at once

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Yeah I don't tip Ubers. If they have a problem with that they can go and lobby Uber if they feel they're not making enough. I'll tip the occasional Uber Eats if they're picking up something for me and it's pretty far away.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Yeah apparently there's a "part 1" of that same video that is even worse.

From the article: Patty Lalime thinks Duchene and Wideman should pay for making those comments.

"They're bad leaders, and you lose respect for them after this sort of situation."

Settle down with the hot takes bud. Literally everyone else in hockey think nothing of this except you.

In fairness, Duchene could very well be a bad leader. He's really never been considered a "leader" until this year after Karlsson was traded, and he was a problem player in Colorado for a while until he got year.

It doesn't mean he's not a talented guy or that we shouldn't commit to him longterm, but there's lots of talented players who aren't suited for leadership roles. Look at a guy like Ryan Johansen. He's a guy you want on your team, but leader? Not really.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I remember when uber came out not having to tip was part of it's draw.

I guess it's more of an expected aspect now.

I thought the exact same thing. I thought the draw of Uber was that it paid employees well enough that tips weren't accepted. Honestly, I never tip an Uber. And I'm a person who always tips.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Realistically though if your one of the players in the Uber and you see that there is only pt 2 out but you know there is more to it wouldn’t you just say everything that happened when talking about pt 2 with management? It’s obvious if pt2 is out that pt 1 is somewhere just ready to come out anyways so it would be smarter to deal with it before rather than again. Even if the players didn’t bring it up wouldn’t the team be asking if anything else was said before what was released? I just think they would’ve wanted it all cleaned up at once

People in general rarely are level-headed and reasonable and 100% truthful when faced with these types of situations. Lying by omission is a very, very common reaction in theae types of scenarios. There's tons of phychological research on the subject.

You could say "wouldn't it be better if...", or "the best thing to do would be...", but people in general don't do those things. Some might, but the majority don't. They admit and apologize for things they did wrong that other people know about, and stay quiet about the things they think are still secret.

Like... These are known, analyzed, predictable, repeatable psychological reactions we are talking about here. This is a thing humans do, that we have observed in controlled settings, that happen at a very common frequency.

Reactions: Taluss and Sensung

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
People in general rarely are level-headed and reasonable and 100% truthful when faced with these types of situations. Lying by omission is a very, very common reaction in theae types of scenarios. There's tons of phychological research on the subject.

You could say "wouldn't it be better if...", or "the best thing to do would be...", but people in general don't do those things. Some might, but the majority don't. They admit and apologize for things they did wrong that other people know about, and stay quiet about the things they think are still secret.
Yup

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

What do you base your guarantee on?

Above is what I responded to another poster with basically the same response. He responded to me and made some good points which I agree with. Guarantee isn’t the right word

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Above is what I responded to another poster with basically the same response. He responded to me and made some good points which I agree with. Guarantee isn’t the right word
I would hope they have come clean and I'd actually say it is likely that one of the 7 did, especially if interviewed separately by mgmt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad