News Article: Sens Badmouthing Coaching - Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
dorion will use this as an excuse when he trades duchene. bad locker room. lol. more like bad coaching

Reactions: Deku

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Hate that key players are in there. Management just dealt Hoff because of cultural ****. This will follow them around as footnotes in their pro-scouting reports, even if management can blow it off.

A lot of people tried to put the blame on Karlsson and Hoffman for the locker room issues but to me it seems that with this management and coaching team, most of the players have checked out, or just don't respect them.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Not surprised to see Wideman front and center on this video. I still don't understand why we re-signed him.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
These players have sucked,not the coaches. The center on the worst PP blames a coach and not his own play? Worse he is so clueless he thinks its funny? Man he is going to poison the young guys.

The PP this yr has actually been pretty good, I'm not a fan of Duchene but this coaching staff has sucked for two yrs now & are only still here because they are cheap it seems. The team was a mess last yr with this coaching staff in place & with all the problems & clearly didn't fix anything & are now having problems again. They clearly don't run a tight ship & all of these leaks are sinking this team again.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
But holy crap, is this ever going to make things awkward in the dressing room.

To me as a coach or any boss, you should have a very thick skin. You should also be open to constructive criticism (as should your employees). You should also expect a level of scrutiny.

If a good portion of your employees are saying things about you, there likely is some truth to it.

I don't see how this becomes awkward, if the coach is open to criticism and is a good communicator.

If you're a bad communicator, then maybe you should assess what you're prepared to do about it. Also, that you accept what the players have said.

Putting them in the dog house to me, shows that you were deeply hurt by the comments which to me mean there is heavy truth behind them.

Reactions: DrEasy

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Do you understand Duchene is an older player that should be teaching young players to play hard hate loosing and take responsibility for how they play? You seem to not understand hockey.

Buddy - Duchene is just counting down the days until he's traded. Cut him some slack, he didn't sign up for this shit.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Do you understand Duchene is an older player that should be teaching young players to play hard hate loosing and take responsibility for how they play? You seem to not understand hockey.
Frustration eventually takes over. It's common in every work place. What's not common is having it displayed on social media.

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

kenempa

May 10, 2017
This video came out exactly a year to the day of the Turris trade (aka downfall of the sens) lolololol

Reactions: Alex1234

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Not sure what that has to do with anything I was talking about?

You said coaching isn't a problem, which tells me you don't understand hockey.

I'd wager I understand quite a bit actually

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
To me as a coach or any boss, you should have a very thick skin. You should also be open to constructive criticism (as should your employees). You should also expect a level of scrutiny.

If a good portion of your employees are saying things about you, there likely is some truth to it.

I don't see how this becomes awkward, if the coach is open to criticism and is a good communicator.

If you're a bad communicator, then maybe you should assess what you're prepared to do about it. Also, that you accept what the players have said.

Putting them in the dog house to me, shows that you were deeply hurt by the comments which to me mean there is heavy truth behind them.

I agree with all of this. Doesn't mean there won't be any awkwardness.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Do you understand Duchene is an older player that should be teaching young players to play hard hate loosing and take responsibility for how they play?

Hate to say it, but bad mouthing your bosses is something we all have done when one on one with co-workers. He's not the boss. He's a veteran in the locker room.

If your bosses are incompetent, do you expect him to be blind about it?

He's expected to lead on and off the ice. However, if you're working for a boss that's an utter joke, what do you expect?

I've worked for bosses that didn't respect staff, and treated you like a useless crumb. You were in his high regards, if they treated you like a number.

No direction, and no communication of what was expected of you.

Sounds like the players are complaining of just this. Most people come to work, wanting to do well. Put a bad leader in place, and you'll get quite the opposite.

Duchene isn't the issue. The fish usually stinks from its head.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
I love Duchene even more now. And Wideman is right. When idiots are in coaching, you can’t expect people to listen to them.
There’s nothing these guys said that isn’t true. Not one thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->