Sens attendance tracker

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
We know that all season ticket holder have received numerous freebies. The Sens have 4,000 season ticket holders.
"full-season"

Don't exaggerate an argument that you already know isn't in dispute.

We have no idea what previous full season sales numbers because normally it wasn't broken down that was and included half season and multi game packages as season ticket holders.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Also, there's apparently a buy one(of a few select games), get one (in January) offer at the moment based on my email promotions.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
"full-season"

Don't exaggerate an argument that you already know isn't in dispute.

We have no idea what previous full season sales numbers because normally it wasn't broken down that was and included half season and multi game packages as season ticket holders.
I think last year was under 7500 full season equivalents. So 4000 sounds plausible.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Here's an anecdotal source from me. A friend of the family works in an NGO in town and has tickets in the 100's and she got offered an extra two tickets for a low-value game a month ago, and could not give them away. She first tried selling then at 25% below value, no dice.

It's almost certain there is papering going on. TSN1200 ran contests to give season tickets (twice?), and the shows give away tickets to see games almost daily. Don't be shocked if hundreds, if not thousands, of tickets are given out each game.
Probably most of the stations in Ottawa were giving away free tickets.

Reactions: InAbsensia

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I think last year was under 7500 full season equivalents. So 4000 sounds plausible.
When I renewed by tickets and had to cash in my VIP points, there was an option to use points as a lottery ticket of sorts for the Sens Soiree, and there were 4936 opportunities available as you were allowed one entry per account. That might be the best indication right there back in late September. I know that renewals have been picking up since then. I know previous STHs that have come back with incentives

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I know that the sales team has been reaching out to the business side pretty hard and they are having some success.

Having said that, one interview with Eugene would likely halt any momentum. Out of sight out of mind is the only potential PR strategy in relation to Melnyk.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I can't wait to see what the Christmas ticket drive is going to look like after the events of the past 48 hours.

"Not only is the City On A Hill, aka Every Sens Fan's Dream, aka the fabled and mythical Downtown Arena... Not only is THAT dead in the water, but our Dear Leader is now suing the guy who was trying to make it happen for him! Oh, also, come see Max Lajoie! Tickets on sale now!"

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
I can't wait to see what the Christmas ticket drive is going to look like after the events of the past 48 hours.

"Not only is the City On A Hill, aka Every Sens Fan's Dream, aka the fabled and mythical Downtown Arena... Not only is THAT dead in the water, but our Dear Leader is now suing the guy who was trying to make it happen for him! Oh, also, come see Max Lajoie! Tickets on sale now!"

We are entering a time of the season that usually sees that attendance spike, too. Karlsson's return is 8-days away. It's amazing that THAT is getting buried under the giant pile of s**t - and growing by the day.

It'll be one of the few games this year that is a capacity Sens crowd. I'll be watching from behind the screen as usual, but man a message for the ages could be sent that afternoon. "F**k you, Mel-nyk!"

Reactions: Sensung

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa

I think he should just sue to fans for not buying tickets. It is their fault he is in this mess.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I know that the sales team has been reaching out to the business side pretty hard and they are having some success.

Having said that, one interview with Eugene would likely halt any momentum. Out of sight out of mind is the only potential PR strategy in relation to Melnyk.
Well Eugene came out of hiding...with predictable results.

darnok

Mar 15, 2014
Not sure about actual ticket sales or give-aways, but based on what can be seen watching games on NHL tv there are many teams that regularly have many more empty seats than Ottawa.

Reactions: Rand0m

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Not sure about actual ticket sales or give-aways, but based on what can be seen watching games on NHL tv there are many teams that regularly have many more empty seats than Ottawa.

That is because Ottawa is not as bad of market that Melnyk makes it out to be.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
NYR game on November 29th

upload_2018-11-25_13-4-13.png

Sharks game on Dec 1st
upload_2018-11-25_13-5-37.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2018-11-25_13-4-13.jpeg
    upload_2018-11-25_13-4-13.jpeg
    575.2 KB · Views: 1

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
So Rangers looks like a sub 10,000 game and San Jose should be a sell out.

I'm sure the Anti-Boycotters will declare the sell out a win for Melnyk...at least until the chants begin...

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
going to the game on dec 1st. is it true you will get kicked out for bringing a #MelnykOut Sign?

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Legit having a Winnipeg-esque MelnykOut chant on TV to be replayed over and over again on social media etc would be legit AF for the Sharks-Karlsson return game.
It can probably be done and done well. This fanbase orchestrated the cringe worthy Alfie countdown so I don't see any issue doing one for Melnyk out

Reactions: JungleBeat

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
So Rangers looks like a sub 10,000 game and San Jose should be a sell out.

I'm sure the Anti-Boycotters will declare the sell out a win for Melnyk...at least until the chants begin...

EeeeeK, EeeeK, EeeeeK chants

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad