Sens attendance tracker

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Mentioned this before. My company owns a pair of season tickets. One game they were given 30 or so FREE pairs of tickets. I think its happening throughout the season here and there but that was the only game where I got an actual count of how many were given away. Now apply this to the other 4000 or so STH the Sens have.

I wouldn't necessarily apply that metric to all STH accounts though.

If it is a corporate account and its fairly obvious said company is large, then 30 (60?) tickets makes sense.

For a family that has a season ticket package, they are probably offered something different.

I'd struggle to give away 60 tickets if that was given to me.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I wouldn't necessarily apply that metric to all STH accounts though.

If it is a corporate account and its fairly obvious said company is large, then 30 (60?) tickets makes sense.

For a family that has a season ticket package, they are probably offered something different.

I'd struggle to give away 60 tickets if that was given to me.
Yea what I meant was apply that free tickets were given away. Obviously some would be to the regular joe and some would be to small to medium sized companies.

It was just to provide an image of what was given, given the context I provided

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Yea what I meant was apply that free tickets were given away. Obviously some would be to the regular joe and some would be to small to medium sized companies.

It was just to provide an image of what was given, given the context I provided

Makes sense.

That's a pretty shocking number of free tickets though.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Wasn't there a snowstorm during that December 2017 game you guys are talking about?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If you count each unsold seat as a $100 account (ticket, parking, beer, hot dog) that’s $4 756 000 in Canadian dollars, or $3 600 000 in USD. That’s a lot of money for a franchise like Ottawa. When everyone wants a raise and your revenue arrow is going down, might be tough for people to get paid.

Not sure how you got to $4.756 Million ........... or if that's per game?

The Capacity (for Hockey) is 18,652 .... if you subtract the average attendance of 14,216, the difference is and average of 4436 empty seats per game ........ multiply by $100 and you get $443,600 of unrealized profits per game.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Not sure how you got to $4.756 Million ........... or if that's per game?

The Capacity (for Hockey) is 18,652 .... if you subtract the average attendance of 14,216, the difference is and average of 4436 empty seats per game ........ multiply by $100 and you get $443,600 of unrealized profits per game.
The Sens have been papering the arena in the thousands this season.

They haven’t come close to averaging 14,000 paid tickets.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
The Sens have been papering the arena in the thousands this season.

Source for this bold “thousands”

Since you asked for a source on a Bobby MAC tweet today lol. I’ll go out on a limb and say it was Bobby Mac.
Would of taken less time to google bobby Mac twitter.

Reactions: coladin and OD99

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Source for this bold “thousands”

Since you asked for a source on a Bobby MAC tweet today lol. I’ll go out on a limb and say it was Bobby Mac.
Would of taken less time to google bobby Mac twitter.
We know that all season ticket holder have received numerous freebies. The Sens have 4,000 season ticket holders.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Well our group each got 1 freebie for pre season, no regular season. STH for 20 years.

What is Source for 4000 getting lots of regular season freebies.

You say “we know ALL STH got numerous freebies ”.....what’s the source then.
Never got ours.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
So according to your source, Don Brennan (lol), some STH got freebies for the home opener.
your info that there are thousands per night, is a joke then, sorry I missed the joke.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Well our group each got 1 freebie for pre season, no regular season. STH for 20 years.

Never got ours.

I got a pair for the season opener. That is it so far. Me want! Me want!

Reactions: coladin

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
So according to your source, Don Brennan (lol), some STH got freebies for the home opener.
your info that there are thousands per night, is a joke then, sorry I missed the joke.

I think they are giving them away to groups and companies more than STHs. Half the tickets for the Vegas game disappeared in a day. I saw a similar thing for the Montreal game.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland

Never got ours.

Here's an anecdotal source from me. A friend of the family works in an NGO in town and has tickets in the 100's and she got offered an extra two tickets for a low-value game a month ago, and could not give them away. She first tried selling then at 25% below value, no dice.

It's almost certain there is papering going on. TSN1200 ran contests to give season tickets (twice?), and the shows give away tickets to see games almost daily. Don't be shocked if hundreds, if not thousands, of tickets are given out each game.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I used the 67.00 average ticket price added 10.00 for share of parking and concessions as not every ticket equals parking or concessions sold, and estimated 3000 less tickets sold which comes to 9.4M CDN and 6.6M USD over the course of a full season. I am not convinced that 6.6M is going to hurt EM in any conceivable way.

In other words, we're doing alright... ?

Following this post, why the constant argument (not from you necessarily) on the bad fans who are not supporting this team, how Ottawa fans are so cheap and entitled, and if those bad fans don't get with the program, we may lose our franchise?

The constant contradiction is a whirwind in my view.

Flip_4

Mar 22, 2006
Ottawa
We know that all season ticket holder have received numerous freebies. The Sens have 4,000 season ticket holders.

Not all season ticket holders have gotten numerous freebies. I've gotten 2 tickets to the second home game of the season.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
In other words, we're doing alright... ?

Following this post, why the constant argument (not from you necessarily) on the bad fans who are not supporting this team, how Ottawa fans are so cheap and entitled, and if those bad fans don't get with the program, we may lose our franchise?

The constant contradiction is a whirwind in my view.
Don’t get me wrong, Ottawa is full of people who think you shouldn’t have to pay full pop for anything. Not so much the 30 and under crowd but definitely the older ones. I remember the uproar when museums in this city started charging admission or the whining about paying 20 bucks to park downtown. The city was subsidized so much 25 years ago it’s crazy. So there is a large segment of the city and fan base that are cheap and entitled.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad