Pre-Game Talk: Sens at Devils 12/21/2018 7pm et

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tundraman

ModerationIsKey
Feb 13, 2010
North

Dorion let his son tell Brady that he can get his own place in Ottawa. Is it me or is that kinda a kick in the nuts? Important news and a special moment like that for Brady should be done more professionally, not coming from a kid.

We can't see behind the camera so it's quite possible that Pierre was there too. Brady sure looked touched and relieved with the news. He's such a nice kid you can't help but cheer for him.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas

So the first one a player got benched (in game) for their play, and the second was due to injury. Not seeing the correlation.

Paul has played well, more so than he has in the past in the NHL. I think he’s at least a 4th line player, and his development in the AHL has pretty much peaked.

He shouldn’t be scratched to get Harpur or Boro 12 minutes of ice while you have 2 players on the 4th line not knowing where they are going to play or when they are going to play at all.

Scratching Harpur or Boro is a net positive for this team. Yes, even for Pyatt. Pyatt can at least get the puck out of his zone and not get pinned in every shift.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: L'Aveuglette

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
there's tons wrong with this franchise

but you know players, coaches and GMs all have kids and bring your kid to work day has been around for ages

do you think this is the first time some kid has done something related to hockey? no of course not. I don find having PD's kid tell Brady to get a place to live disrespectful in any way

And that's fine but I do, its a matter of opinion. I Have kids myself, there's a time and place for that kind of stuff.

Reactions: DrEasy and JD1

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
And that's fine but I do, its a matter of opinion. I Have kids myself, there's a time and place for that kind of stuff.
no worries. ... it's a message board and we're all entitled to opinions

cheers

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
imo this falls under the heading of making **** up to complain about

if it's bring your kid to work day...all kinds of stuff happens across the continent as part of that program

having PD's kid tell Brady to get a place wouldn't register in my top 1000 things wrong with this franchise.

Oh, I wasn't really complaining about Dorion's kid.

I was just pointing out and lampooning a ridiculous comparison made between that and riding a zamboni.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Two other non-playoffs teams do it as well? I don't think you helped your argument with those examples.

A quick search, and I found two examples.

Doesn't change the fact that no one can explain why the reasons GB gives for deploying 11/7, are not valid, and why.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Oh, I wasn't really complaining about Dorion's kid.

I was just pointing out and lampooning a ridiculous comparison made between that and riding a zamboni.
my kid rode that Zamboni....it was a real treat for him and for me :)

Reactions: DrEasy

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Very unprofessional of Guy Boucher to scratch Nick Paul in order to play Tom Pyatt again. That continues to damage his credibility.. I wonder what the players think when they see the better forward scratched in order for the coach to play a much inferior player.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
dzingel is good... Tierney is not as good.. Tierney is a center... why aare we surrounfding our top line center with worse players?

Tierney has played wing in the past and has 3 fewer points than Dzingel despite playing with inferior line mates. Also, almost every team in the league distributes their talent throughout the lineup. Boucher also switches his lines up a ton, so I dunno... seems like complaining for the sake of it.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
dzingel is good... Tierney is not as good.. Tierney is a center... why aare we surrounfding our top line center with worse players?

Plenty of centres have been moved to the wing and done fine, that shouldn’t be a worry. As for Dzingel, he may be better but that doesn’t mean he’s a better fit. The two have never really clicked. I could see Tierney being a good fit, he’s pretty strong on the cycle where Duchene is at his strongest. Dzingel is mainly a transition player and doesn’t play to the strengths of Duchene.

It’s worth a shot at the very least, need more than one line that can sustain offensive zone pressure. Dzingel and Duchene when together generally are one and done in the offensive zone.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
For all we know and the sad thing about this, it's possible Dorian could be running the team that way lol
Completely possible. Wasn't it Dorion's adolescent son who broke the news to Tkachuk to find a place to live?? Dorion Jr is now our assistant GM.

***This is a joke post people, I know he isn't actually our assistant GM***

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Pretty much everybody but Boucher has seen Paul be more effective than Pyatt.
Dorion is going to have to waive Pyatt when the roster freeze comes off.

Reactions: RAFI BOMB

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012

Because I think it hurts more than it helps. Especially how Boucher uses it. You know Pyatt and some other bottom sixer will be playing 5 min. That's how Boucher rolls. So essentially you are playing 9 forwards. On top of that the constant mish mashing of in game lines due to one forward missing, breaks up continuance and flow for the lines. I understood having an additional D to augment the special teams when they were unbalanced (i.e. not enough guys who can PK or PP well). But I don't think that's the case now. So what's the point?

It would be interesting to see what our record is playing 11/7 vs. 12/6. I bet you it's not that good. You don't see anyone else in the league implement this, and I think there is a good reason for that. It doesn't really work.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Tierney has played wing in the past and has 3 fewer points than Dzingel despite playing with inferior line mates. Also, almost every team in the league distributes their talent throughout the lineup. Boucher also switches his lines up a ton, so I dunno... seems like complaining for the sake of it.

297.png

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Pretty much everybody but Boucher has seen Paul be more effective than Pyatt.
Dorion is going to have to waive Pyatt when the roster freeze comes off.

Boucher just had that quote about giving Pyatt a long leash. Yet after 34 games he has 2 points and is minus 15. Paul is obviously the better player and Boucher is dressing a worse roster that hurts the teams chances of winning. Boucher is prioritizing his relationship with pyatt over team success and over his career. Decisions like these are the reason he wont have an NHL gig after this season

Reactions: Cosmix
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->