Player Discussion Artem Anisimov (C)

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I think Pageau is gone.

He is going to want 4-5 years at 4-5 million. We seemingly aren't signing long term contracts.

Tierney won't be gone. He has 1 more RFA year so there is no urgency to deal him.

I think you are right about Pageau and he will be traded sometime between now and the end of next season.

Tierney will probably get to stay if he scores less than he did last season, which is likely considering the loss of offensive players traded away by DuhDorion.

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
The team is doing everything they can to finish between 20th and 25th, instead of 25th-30th.

Hainsey, Zaitsev, Anisimov, Ennis, Brown... all serviceable players that have no future here, but help make the roster good enough to win some games against teams that play their back-up (which will probably be 50% of the time) against us.

I would've preferred to go full tank.
Ideally the guys on one year deals will be gone at the deadline.

It looks like we're going to be harder to play against but we'll still have some troubles scoring.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
The team is doing everything they can to finish between 20th and 25th, instead of 25th-30th.

Hainsey, Zaitsev, Anisimov, Ennis, Brown... all serviceable players that have no future here, but help make the roster good enough to win some games against teams that play their back-up (which will probably be 50% of the time) against us.

Strongly disagree. Cultivating a team culture is far more important than a few draft picks. This is real life, not a video game. You can't just flip a switch like that.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Strongly disagree. Cultivating a team culture is far more important than a few draft picks. This is real life, not a video game. You can't just flip a switch like that.

i agree with this

not to mention i really doubt the players we have gotten are going to make us that much better

Reactions: derriko

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Damn, that's actually a pretty good trade.

At first glance, Anisimov looks like he'll get a chance to play #1C. Just based on the increased opportunity, he could have a really good first half of the season and be a prime Pump & Dump candidate for the trade deadline.

We certainly weren't going to trade Smith for anything significant... but Anisimov is probably a 50 point player (probably 25 goals as well) on our team given the lack of other offensive centers. Considering he'll be 32 years old once the season ends, the chances of him finishing this contract as a Senator seem small...

25 goals and 50 points! I bet not. One beer.

Reactions: derriko

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
I feel like this is a win for Dorian, AA is the better player and is owed less than his cap hit. Did we just see PD win a trade?

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Yes, but Pro Sports for one of the financially destitute teams, not the best franchises or even middle of the pack franchises.

What does that even mean in regards to my post?

What should the return be on those traded players of ours (who all had expiring contracts btw)? Other star players that are locked up long term? Does that make sense to anyone? I sure hope not..

All things considered we got some decent pieces back for the rebuild imo, it just so happens we wont see those returns until starting next season and beyond, which is in line with our plan of rebuilding...

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

If this team finishes in the 20-25 range half a dozen or more coaches and GMs will immediately be fired!

Reactions: Samsquanch

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I feel like this is a win for Dorian, AA is the better player and is owed less than his cap hit. Did we just see PD win a trade?

A win on pretty much every level. We got a better player, who is the same age, who is paid less, for one of our few remaining whipping boys. There's literally nothing anyone can complain about regarding this trade.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

I don't see how adding Artem Anisimov to replace Zack Smith helps cultivate team culture, but hey, what do I know.

Personally, I'd rather have Zack Smith on the 4th line than Anisimov in the top 6.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
No. Anisimov's cap hit is 4.55M, but his salary owed over the next two seasons is 4M in 19/20 [2M bonus already paid by Chicago and 2M base salary] and 3M in 20/21 [1.5M bonus and 1.5M base salary]. His contract was front loaded. The Sens are on the hook for 5M while Zack Smith was owed 6.25M over the same time frame.

It's a money saving deal for Ottawa. Everything they do is about saving money.
Who is the better player

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Weird to see us win a trade. This becomes an A+ if we execute the pump and dump with him.

It's not a huge consequence overall but a good trade.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
25 goals and 50 points! I bet not. One beer.

Sorry, should have said he has 25 goal upside, nor that he'll "probably" get 25.

I can see a 20g-25a season for him next year given the complete lack of other options up the middle. He'll probably get 1st unit PP time and the bulk of 1st line minutes, unless something crazy like he has zero chemistry with Tkachuk.

Don't underestimate the impact that force-feeding an average player elite offensive minutes can have on that player's stat line.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Ideally the guys on one year deals will be gone at the deadline.

It looks like we're going to be harder to play against but we'll still have some troubles scoring.

I see a decline in offence, goals, puck possession, etc.

I see more goals against because the lack of the above, even if the new players can play better defensively, as they will be tired from playing D in their own zone most of the games.

I don’t know how the vet leadership is going to help very much, as their level-headed calmness and advice to the younger guys to keep focused on playing until the bounces go their way, never materializes.

I see disaster looming. Bottom of the league finish and then getting draft pick number 3 or 4 as consolation prize.

I am all-in for the tank, for several years, to rebuild this team with many higher quality prospects.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I don't see how adding Artem Anisimov to replace Zack Smith helps cultivate team culture, but hey, what do I know.

Personally, I'd rather have Zack Smith on the 4th line than Anisimov in the top 6.

You said: Hainsey, Zaitsev, Anisimov, Ennis, Brown... all serviceable players that have no future here, but help make the roster good enough to win some games against teams that play their back-up (which will probably be 50% of the time) against us.

So it's not just Anisimov. Which one is it? Make up your mind.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
I like the trade for sure just wish it wasn't always about money ...

This wasn't money Smith did something last year and got himself waiver wired. This was about getting rid of the negative Nancy crowd. Something went seriously wrong in the room and almost everyone is gone now.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Sorry, should have said he has 25 goal upside, nor that he'll "probably" get 25.

I can see a 20g-25a season for him next year given the complete lack of other options up the middle. He'll probably get 1st unit PP time and the bulk of 1st line minutes, unless something crazy like he has zero chemistry with Tkachuk.

Don't underestimate the impact that force-feeding an average player elite offensive minutes can have on that player's stat line.

15 goals perhaps but I do not expect to see much more than that given the players he will be playing with.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Interesting take from the former Sen...

txNm6J.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->