Player Discussion Artem Anisimov (C)

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
No. Anisimov's cap hit is 4.55M, but his salary owed over the next two seasons is 4M in 19/20 [2M bonus already paid by Chicago and 2M base salary] and 3M in 20/21 [1.5M bonus and 1.5M base salary]. His contract was front loaded. The Sens are on the hook for 5M while Zack Smith was owed 6.25M over the same time frame.

It's a money saving deal for Ottawa. Everything they do is about saving money.

Totally true, but in this instance I am also happy with the trade.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
What a great deal. Pleasantly surprised. I think Chicago has kicked tires on Smith in the past and a Connor Murphy swap was discussed when they still had him. I wonder if Tierney heads out the door as a result of this, or if we just roll 4 pretty decent centre based lines:

Tkachuk White Batherson

Duclair Anisimov Ryan

Balcers Tierney Brown

Ennis Pageau Boedker

Anosimov is 6.04... he may play with Tkatchuk. He also scored more goals than any of our centers last year.

Oct 10, 2010
Local Chicago beat writers are reporting it's already paid, Capfriendly reporting it's already paid as well.

Beyond that, given Ottawa's past history you can assume that it has 100% already been paid by the Blackhawks. They never miss a chance to shave a little cash off the payroll.
Surprised we didn't have to add a pick for them paying the bonus lmao

Reactions: Deku and Cosmix
Oct 10, 2010
In order to take this supposed rebuild seriously, fans of this hockey team would probably like to see where exactly all of this "money saved" is going. New scouts? Another asst GM? Chabot extension? Or just as we suspected, in the owner's pockets!
Owners pockets indeed.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Not sure we will be able to inflate his numbers given he was playing with Kane on his wing in Chicago both 5v5 and on the PP

Kane and Toews were separated on the PP?

I can see Anisimov pacing at 40+ points here with the proper usage.

CanadianHockey

Smith - Alfie
Jul 3, 2009
Petawawa
twitter.com
Honestly, good trade. Smith doesn't have value, Anisimov is a vet who can eat top six minutes and chip in offensively.

I mean, if we're going to make deals to shed salary and take on cap, they should be along these lines.

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Cantley
Come on people, it's not just the cost savings cap-wise... we only need to replace the nameplate on the jerseys.

Maybe we can set up a nameplate trade with the Hawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad