Player Discussion Artem Anisimov (C)

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
No. Anisimov's cap hit is 4.55M, but his salary owed over the next two seasons is 4M in 19/20 [2M bonus already paid by Chicago and 2M base salary] and 3M in 20/21 [1.5M bonus and 1.5M base salary]. His contract was front loaded. The Sens are on the hook for 5M while Zack Smith was owed 6.25M over the same time frame.

It's a money saving deal for Ottawa. Everything they do is about saving money.

Yes, I saw his actual breakdown after I posted my reply. I added an edit to show the actual numbers. Are you sure Chicago has already paid the SB?

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Has just 2 years left on his K, helps us reach the floor, and is much better than Smith.

Wow. Good job?

Reactions: DrEasy

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Anisimov is a nice pickup. Only owed 5 mil over the next 2 seasons in cash now that the bonus is paid.

Make no mistake this trade appears to be a very nice move by PD both on ice and from a buget perspective.

High fives all around!

Cat Herder

Formerly BigSensFan
Sep 21, 2006
Belle River,On
**** yeah. Big savings boys!

Wasn't everyone asking Dorion to use his cap room to get players or picks? I am ok with the Sens paying less of the actual $$$ but getting the arguably better player. I imagine if we had done the deal before the signing bonus was paid, we might have been able to squeeze a pick out of them (3rd rounder or worse I would assume).

Worst case scenario, we trade him at the deadline in the next two years for a pick

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Yes, I saw his actual breakdown after I posted my reply. I added an edit to show the actual numbers. Are you sure Chicago has already paid the SB?

Local Chicago beat writers are reporting it's already paid, Capfriendly reporting it's already paid as well.

Beyond that, given Ottawa's past history you can assume that it has 100% already been paid by the Blackhawks. They never miss a chance to shave a little cash off the payroll.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Bowman purchased 1$ million of cap space for 2 years for $3 Million plus the difference between Anisimov vs Smith .

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Wasn't everyone asking Dorion to use his cap room to get players or picks? I am ok with the Sens paying less of the actual $$$ but getting the arguably better player. I imagine if we had done the deal before the signing bonus was paid, we might have been able to squeeze a pick out of them (3rd rounder or worse I would assume).

Worst case scenario, we trade him at the deadline in the next two years for a pick
I'm just asking for the savings for our fearless leader.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->