Value of: Sens 2019 1st Rd Pick (Avs own)

milehigh11

Mar 4, 2014
Mile High State
Having this pick just means the Avs have the opportunity to move their own 1st rounder for something if it pops up. They won't move Ottawa's.

Why.. The Avs pick could be lottery bound too. The Avs were extremely lucky to make the playoffs. And took till the last game of the season. A lot of players had career years. If the young guys disappoint, if the Mack line comes back down to earth. We could possibly have 2 top 10 picks in the 2019 draft. Only way we trade our pick is if we put a lottery protection on it

WHISTLERNATE

Nov 14, 2017
Having this pick just means the Avs have the opportunity to move their own 1st rounder for something if it pops up. They won't move Ottawa's.

100%. If they are moving a pick to add a missing piece, they will move thier own, not the Sens. Having the flexibility to be able to be able to make that move if they want, and get a prime prospect is huge.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It's good Colorado has this pick because Ottawa is too much of a dumpster fire right now, no top young players should really be there at the moment. Brady Tkachuk is only there because either way he intends to go pro, although I do believe not even he should be there.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Colorado is in a pretty nice spot.

They can chase playoffs whil watching that pick develop this season.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You keep that pick, unless someone blows your socks off.
Avs should be a bubble team again. What'd be better than making the playoffs and picking in the top 5 at the draft? Outside of winning it all, of course.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I’d package the pick with some combination of Timmins, Kerfoot / Andrighetto, Bowers / Kamenev, and our own picks to pursue a young star like Drae.

Otherwise we should just hold onto the pick & hope that we can land one of the star forwards in the 2019 draft with it.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
I remember when the Sabres had the Isles first pick leading up to the 2015 draft. It was a pretty terrible feeling when people would talk about it like it was guaranteed to be McDavid or Eichel. My hope for Ottawa fans is that things end up playing out similarly for them.
Well, your GM improved the team with Leddy and Boychuk. Ottawa decides to tank...

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Yes, the Sens are winning the cup.

Looking at things realistically the worst they'll get is 4th or 5th, not "31th"
Who knows, Vegas was supposed to be 31st overall, Oilers were pegged as 2nd best in NHL, stuff happens.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
Who knows, Vegas was supposed to be 31st overall, Oilers were pegged as 2nd best in NHL, stuff happens.
I don’t remember anyone saying the Oilers were going to be the 2nd best. I don’t even think their homer fans were saying that, and a lot of Oilers’ fans are homer’s.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I think the only realistic, movable value that pick has is if it's used in a blockbuster package to help acquire someone huge. But the chances of that sort of trade happening in general is so low that it's hardly worth mentioning as a possibility. Otherwise, the potential in it means too much for the Avs, and the risk of it is too steep for their assumed price.

Reactions: Goulet17

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
I don’t remember anyone saying the Oilers were going to be the 2nd best. I don’t even think their homer fans were saying that, and a lot of Oilers’ fans are homer’s.
Vegas odds did as well as every media pundit. Not my fault you don't follow hockey..

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
Man the Sens have really screwed themselves by not getting enough in my opinion for Karlsson and also kissing goodbye their likely high 1st rounder this coming draft. I feel for the fans this coming season !

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Hughes will be our #2 line center. :naughty:

He probably meant Mackinnon ;)

It would take a massive overpayment for Avs to trade that pick. Basically guaranteed top 4 and a chance to draft McDa....I mean Hughes.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I'd never underestimate players in contract years but holy hell the Sens lineup is straight up awful now that Karlsson is gone. I doubt we end up with Hughes but I think we have a good shot at landing someone better than Brady Tkachuk.

With the Avs still in the processes of rebuilding and developing their young guys, no way I'm trading that pick right now.

In 19-20 the Avs could be adding Makar, Timmins, Bowers, Kaut, Hughes/Kakko/Cozens/Podkolzin to their roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->